The Leftists Are Mad

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    awesomex WANTED $136
    Outlaw

argyl53 wrote:

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? You need particular information from a 7 year old article to be pointed out as wrong before you believe snopes are biased?

It was just one of the articles you mentioned. Pick any one you like. The relevance is that you’re claiming Snopes cannot be trusted as a reliable source of information in its capacity as a fact-checking site, so I’m asking you to cite some – indeed any – information published on snopes.com which is demonstrably wrong. If it’s as biased and untrustworthy as you say, surely that’s trivial for you to do?

The very subject of this fucking thread, how about that?

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

Holy cow….

No idea if I can post links but here’s one for you awesomex with your hatred of religion I find it particularly apt

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00424/full

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

No. I’m asking you to copy and paste anything directly from snopes.com which you can show is either partisan misleading or a lie. For someone who achieved the considerable intellectual feat of scoring 180 on a Mensa IQ test which has a maximum possible score of 162, this should be super easy, right?

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

@argyl53 I think he a wants us to accept it as fact, much like he did when someone told it to him. He’ll deflect. Sadly there are a lot of people who’ve spent their life being gaslighted and cognitive dissonance won’t let them escape now. Great powerplay by someone.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Liberty wrote:

@argyl53 I think he a wants us to accept it as fact, much like he did when someone told it to him. He’ll deflect. Sadly there are a lot of people who’ve spent their life being gaslighted and cognitive dissonance won’t let them escape now. Great powerplay by someone.

Of course, I’m very unlikely to get anything meaningful back, I know this. It’s more about the point of not letting utter BS go unchallenged. For example, awesomex says they know the topic of this thread is true because they “have tons of friends and family in Cali who told me how their kids were being taught this shit in school” – okay, which school? What’s its name, what district is it in? You’ve got tons of friends and family over there, surely you can find out the name of at least one school that’s teaching what you say? We can then very easily verify this and if it subsequently turns out you’re right, I’ll join you in condemning it as disgusting and thank you for highlighting the issue. Simple. If you can’t do that because it turns out you don’t really have friends and family over there and you’re just posting bullshit fake news to the forum for your own amusement or attention, please stop doing it because it makes it a worse place for everyone.

PsychicSnail WANTED $111
    Outlaw

I hesitate to write this as it’s such an emotive topic, so be careful in reading this so not to get the wrong idea.

I think paedophilia probably is a sexual orientation, and must be a terrible burden for those afflicted. An illness can in theory be cured and I suspect these people can’t be cured. Now this is the clincher for me.

I suspect many paedophiles keep their feelings a secret and don’t act on them, but those who do (pederasts), will always be a threat, until they are no longer capable of acting on their urges. Locking them up for 10 years won’t change that. They cannot be cured, rehabilitated or re-educated. And besides, a big part of me thinks “why take the risk?”. For me a bullet would be the best “cure” and I would be happy to administer it. But maybe that would be a bit radical :).

It’s easy to think they are ill, as we find it hard to accept that anyone could be like this “naturally”. But sexuality is a broad multi-dimensional spectrum. So why should paedophilia be different? Just because it’s abhorrent? Go down that road and some will say that being gay is an illness, and thankfully most of us have overcome such ignorance.

I have an open mind and would be pleased to be corrected on what I have said if anyone has any evidence to the contrary. Please don’t flame me for this. I am in no way defending them, and don’t think the world could ever get so mad as to consider them part of the norm.

Ramm WANTED $32
    Outlaw

hoo boy this is golden. Look if you start a topic with “so apparently…” and fail to provide a shred of evidence outside of “my mates say its true” then im gonna disregard it. When you make a claim like this the burden of proof lies with you, not for others to disprove it. Yeah it sounds like something ultra progressives would do but it also sounds like the crap that gets thrown around facebook just to wind up and shit stir and people who stir shit should be made to lick the spoon.

Dynamik23 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

PsychicSnail wrote:

I hesitate to write this as it’s such an emotive topic, so be careful in reading this so not to get the wrong idea.

I think paedophilia probably is a sexual orientation, and must be a terrible burden for those afflicted. An illness can in theory be cured and I suspect these people can’t be cured. Now this is the clincher for me.

I suspect many paedophiles keep their feelings a secret and don’t act on them, but those who do (pederasts), will always be a threat, until they are no longer capable of acting on their urges. Locking them up for 10 years won’t change that. They cannot be cured, rehabilitated or re-educated. And besides, a big part of me thinks “why take the risk?”. For me a bullet would be the best “cure” and I would be happy to administer it. But maybe that would be a bit radical :).

It’s easy to think they are ill, as we find it hard to accept that anyone could be like this “naturally”. But sexuality is a broad multi-dimensional spectrum. So why should paedophilia be different? Just because it’s abhorrent? Go down that road and some will say that being gay is an illness, and thankfully most of us have overcome such ignorance.

I have an open mind and would be pleased to be corrected on what I have said if anyone has any evidence to the contrary. Please don’t flame me for this. I am in no way defending them, and don’t think the world could ever get so mad as to consider them part of the norm.

Totally agree with you. I bet many people have these sick thoughts but never act them. It’s the people that do act on them knowing full well that’s it’s illegal and simply wrong that need to be shot. I’m sure I watched a louis theroux documentary about pedophilia and there is a guy in America who admits to being one but has never acted upon his feelings and he actively tries to help others who have both acted and not acted on these urges. It may not have been Louis theroux so don’t quote me. Also a good read is

The Neurobiology and Psychology of Pedophilia: Recent Advances and Challenges

it for sure changed my views on pedophilia in general. To finish I don’t agree with pedophilia and I am not sympathiser but I thoroughly enjoy psychology and I do believe there needs to be more research on the matter, as in this day and age if one single child is sexually abused then enough isn’t being done imo.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

argyl53 wrote:

No. I’m asking you to copy and paste anything directly from snopes.com which you can show is either partisan misleading or a lie. For someone who achieved the considerable intellectual feat of scoring 180 on a Mensa IQ test which has a maximum possible score of 162, this should be super easy, right?

Einstein clocked In a fairly weak IQ of 160 but I’m sure if he worked with awesomex he could improve and maybe between them figure out life’s big questions like:

1. Is everything rigged

2. Does climate change exist: and

3. Is Roshtein fake

PsychicSnail WANTED $111
    Outlaw

@Tricky I think a certain poster may have exaggerated his IQ by about … well let’s say 80 points to be generous 🙂

PsychicSnail WANTED $111
    Outlaw

@Tricky. Well I think a certain forum poster may have exaggerated his IQ by …. well lt’s say 80 points to be generous 🙂

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

PsychicSnail wrote:

@Tricky. Well I think a certain forum poster may have exaggerated his IQ by …. well lt’s say 80 points to be generous ?

Maybe he took the test twice and added them together. ?

Dynamik23 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Have to put it out there but IQ results and tests are completely irrelevant and just because someone scores high or low doesn’t fully encapsulate intelligence. Anyone who believes they are of a higher standard because they score a high result should use said brilliance and look into the major flaws of IQ tests as a whole and anyone who is belittled because they scored low shouldn’t worry about a meaningless test that didn’t ask you personally the correct questions. If anyone does fully read the research I provided in my last post (Google the name as didn’t want to leave a link) let me know your opinions and thoughts on it and if it did make you change your thoughts on the subject. Would be interesting to hear.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Have to put it out there but IQ results and tests are completely irrelevant and just because someone scores high or low doesn’t fully encapsulate intelligence. Anyone who believes they are of a higher standard because they score a high result should use said brilliance and look into the major flaws of IQ tests as a whole and anyone who is belittled because they scored low shouldn’t worry about a meaningless test that didn’t ask you personally the correct questions.

It’s one of those gray areas; certainly I’d agree that IQ tests are not in themselves a reliable measure of intelligence for many reasons, not least that we don’t even have a full understanding or agreement of exactly what intelligence is (we tend to judge it as “it’s what humans do” and then use that as a benchmark against which to measure each other and other animals).

On the other hand, IQ tests do reasonably measure a range of particular cognitive and memory skills such that if you score an IQ below 70, you are definitely developmentally challenged and likewise, if you score above about 130, you are almost certainly very smart by any reasonable or generally accepted standards and criteria of intelligence. There’s not much discernible difference in IQs below or above these kind of ranges, nor is there a significant difference overall between say, someone who scores 125 versus someone who scores 112.

IQ is one measurement and it’s semi-useful as a kind of intelligence litmus test, but yeah not really beyond that.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

To me it’s a measurement of someone’s ability to interpret and analyse information and is a good starting point if intellect in that regard.

That being said I think there are so many different ways to measure and interpret intelligence it would be wrong to rely on a single method.

I think it was Einstein who once said if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will spend its entire life thinking its stupid. I couldn’t agree more with this

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)