Life ruined in a day

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

Haz40 wrote:

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Haz40 wrote:

I’ve got a bone to pick with jb anyway. I subscribed to his you tube channel. Whilst looking for something to watch in the week I came across one of his videos titled ” most beautiful Asian woman in the world ” something like that anyway. So naturally I click to watch at exactly the same time my missus walks past me and sees something let’s say a little provocative on my phone . Within a flash I’m maniacally pressing buttons to get the video off the screen. Only just got away with it phew. ????

Send me the link hahahaha

Nooooo you could end up with needing a 4th marriage. ??

Never ever ever doing it again mate. I’ve spent so much on engagement rings in the past it’s unreal. Even my dad has said if I ever get married again he’s not coming as it’s fucking pointless ????

bigbucks1983 WANTED $46
    Outlaw

Firstly if what has been said is true then i feel very sorry for you mate, sign up to gamstop and treat it is as an expansive experience not to be repeated. If its the first time you have gambled then thankfully i doubt you are addicted but still do everything you can to prevent it happening again. You will get through the month, you might have to tell your family but you will get through.

With that said, while you may not like some of the comments you’ve received ragarding this seeming iffy, those people are reasonably entitled to think so. You state you’ve been on the forum so you should be aware that there have been a lot of chancers trying to blag a hand out from the bandits generosity. Accompanied with the fact that your post does seem to blame the bandit whether you meant it to or not, you immediately referenced reel king which is a subject he takes flak for. Lastly if im correct you said you’d never gambled before but suddenly you’re upping stakes and cleaning yourself out which is not something a person who doesnt gamble would do, they have more respect for money. So don’t take it to heart that you’ve been questioned but just wanna show there are reasons why.

Whatever has happened i wish you all the best and hope it all gets sorted.

JakefraserSufc WANTED $12
    Outlaw

i may be being naive but can you please explain to me how ” affiliation ” has ruined peoples lives?

Jinglejangleman WANTED $3
    Outlaw

bigbucks1983 wrote:

Firstly if what has been said is true then i feel very sorry for you mate, sign up to gamstop and treat it is as an expansive experience not to be repeated. If its the first time you have gambled then thankfully i doubt you are addicted but still do everything you can to prevent it happening again. You will get through the month, you might have to tell your family but you will get through.

With that said, while you may not like some of the comments you’ve received ragarding this seeming iffy, those people are reasonably entitled to think so. You state you’ve been on the forum so you should be aware that there have been a lot of chancers trying to blag a hand out from the bandits generosity. Accompanied with the fact that your post does seem to blame the bandit whether you meant it to or not, you immediately referenced reel king which is a subject he takes flak for. Lastly if im correct you said you’d never gambled before but suddenly you’re upping stakes and cleaning yourself out which is not something a person who doesnt gamble would do, they have more respect for money. So don’t take it to heart that you’ve been questioned but just wanna show there are reasons why.

Whatever has happened i wish you all the best and hope it all gets sorted.

Thanks for post buddy. Understand what you are saying but I honestly didn’t mean to come across as blaming anyone so if it read as that I’m genuinely sorry. I’ve said several times in the thread I blame nobody but myself. I’ve got quite an addictive personality and I just ran away with myself. It’s all down to me and I fully accept that. Not looking for any sort of hand out or anything at all either. Like I say just here to vent and help myself quote. Thanks again buddy

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

If the lad was after a handout he wouldn’t exactly be saying all of this when the bandit is at the darts for 3 days would he. I never doubted he wasn’t genuine right from the beginning.

DEVIL4POSTER WANTED $55
    Outlaw

to jinglejangle

Don’t mean to repeat what others said, about it being good you avoided winning big, cos with most it makes them think they can repeat or recreate that same event over and over again, when in reality your finances will become a ticking time bomb waiting to explode away.

personally I’m quite stubborn when it came to my first introduction to gambling and didn’t matter if I had won big 1st or lost I saw it as a challenge. The outcome is still negative though regardless.

Not meaning to make light of your situation as far as it taking months to sort out your situation , but as Haz40 wrote a few months isn’t so bad. Some people I know have been stuck treading water for decades due to gambling because of one initial slip and loss, not to mention the relapses of then being addicted to gambling and the cycle it can lead to: 1) gamble lose everything, 2)work all month with nothing, 3) end of month comes, could sort it out but the idea of giving everything away to break even hurts. 4) for a brief moment you think you can win it all back. 5) so you gamble and lose again. 6) you borrow from friends and family (maybe you tell them the truth and they help you and you swear never to do it again, or maybe you lie to them and say you got underpaid or some excuse) 7) you gamble and lose again now you take out loans from every one friends family banks online payday companies loan sharks. 8) you lose that 9) you steal 10) you end up homeless begging and consider suicide.

This is unfortunately the tale of many a gambler not meaning to go on and make you feel bad but the positive is you are is good position to stop the rot now.

I realize you typing away on the forum might initially not seem that its solving your problems as far as getting you money to pay your bills etc. But it will help you to talk even though its hard, and it’s going to a hard period for you too, but rather than putting your head in the sand and wasting time til payday and repeating the cycle, there are positive steps you can take now.

As mentioned use gamstop etc, also speak to the people you owe and come to a comprise and budget and stick to it. As far as food if you need that go to your local Citizen’s advice Bureau and they can point you in the direction of food-banks and other places (I realize it might be degrading but you gotta do what you gotta do). If you owe money with banks phone them and work out a repayment schedule with them. Banks and credit card companies sometimes give a months grace if it’s your 1st slip up. If your credit is currently good as far the financial world is concerned i.e. your credit score- look into consolidating your debt into a low repayable bank loan. If however your credit is not so good speak to “Stepchange”  speak to them anyway.

Anyway I hope some of this helps you and if you ever need advice don’t hesitate to ask.

take care buddy

Sk8dave88 WANTED $1
    Outlaw

As others have said I think one of the best things to happen was the loss at the start. I personally had some reasonable wins when i first started slots, we are talking in excess of £1k on small deposits of around £100. Whilst in my own head i was fully aware these were “against the grain” I found this addictive side of my personality which i didn’t know was as strong as it was. I’m in the position this morning where i’m waiting on withdrawals of £1100 + £550 to hit the bank so thought i’d see my P/L for the past 4 months. Total deposits £5396 / Total withdrawals £5832. All the stress and anxiety for a few hundred quid. taking into account the most recent withdrawals it could very easily be a loss in excess of £1k

All those massive wins were ripped apart by the attempts to repeat the success. Whilst i am VERY fortunate to have ended up in profit, i’m self excluding for 6 months, as they say, when the fun stops, stop. I don’t enjoy playing any more because i’m trying to MAKE money rather than enjoy the games. This is a foolish way to look at gambling, all deposits you make should be counted as a loss from the outset. If you happen to profit on that session, happy days.

I enjoy watching the Bandit because even though he’s had some ridiculous luck these past months he’s always open and honest about his massive losses as well.

Hope you manage to get everything sorted and get the self exclusions done ASAP.

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

I think the “Life ruined in a day” Is a bit dramatic.

Like most people have said here “atleast you didnt win big lol”

Thats the start that enevitably turns into a life ruiner! #TrustMe

Hope it sorts itself out mate. Ive  had a good read of this thread and its just one of those things that can happen. You now need to make a decision that will work best for you. I suggest Gamban and talking to members here, who “Really” have had their lives ruined from gambling in the past.

Thanks for the shout outs guys lol.

My ears were burning this morning ?

Alphadog WANTED $11
    Outlaw

Just basics. Was just posting the same .

Life ruined is over the top FFS. You have done your bollox and are going to be skint for a while. I assume you still have your health!

Step back, reassess and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Oh and all the best.

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

And remember because a lot people never mention this . It’s not just about the money you lose . You also lose time . At least u have not lost a lot off time . So don’t waste anymore!

DEVIL4POSTER WANTED $55
    Outlaw

yeah this is what I was alluding to with my treading water for decades statement. It’s not so much the money in itself that one loses, but what that money represents; in how its used in other parts of you life and the time it took to earn it and the time it’ll take to replace it. this is time taken away from being with people you love and things you enjoy doing. you can’t get the years back once they have gone! remember that! but it they already have you can take in solace at least you have learnt from your mistakes along the way and put that to good use helping others 🙂

Jinglejangleman WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Yeah agreed it’s dramatic now guys. I made this thread first thing after the sleepless night when it all happened so I was still in shock and quite emotional. This thread and everything you guys have been posting and saying has really helped me come to terms with what’s happened and start to deal with it and move on. You’ve also helped me realise Its really not as bad as it could be. Genuinely appreciate and am very thankful to everyone who has posted and given me support and advice.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)