Life ruined in a day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Jinglejangleman WANTED $3
    Outlaw

So I’m brand new to gambling and slots, just stumbled upon a video on YouTube and then this forum and it seemed really fun. So I made an account to try it out.  I was really enjoying it and having great fun. I was sticking to my 20p stake on Reel king and occasionally having spins on captain venture at 40/50p. I had some success and wins and really enjoyed it.

Then yesterday I just lost my mind. Had a really bad session on Reel king and kept redepositing, then my £20 deposits turned into £50 deposits then £100 then £200 and it just spiralled. I kept upping my deposits and stakes trying to get back what I had lost and before I know it I’ve lost everything. All my accounts cleaned, savings gone. It happened so fast. I am in a state of total shock right now. I haven’t slept. A few weeks ago I’d never played a slot and then when I started I thought I was in control. I don’t know how this happened. I’m suddenly flat broke. I’m self excluding today. I just can’t believe the damage that can be done and the speed it can be done at.  My life is in bits today.

Philinvicta WANTED $12
    Outlaw

Stop Now.   You obviously have no control  so if you do not stop your whole life will be like this,  the money is gone and you have to start from scratch again.  If you do not stop every payday will be like this and there will come a time when you spend money you need for bills,  then you are tempted to get credit cards or loans just to gamble.  Use gamstop or lock your accounts so that you cannot use them.   I hate to say it but in some ways you are lucky you had an absolute shocker  at the start of this and can see the horrors before you are sucked in.

Outlaw

Philinvicta wrote:

Stop Now.   You obviously have no control  so if you do not stop your whole life will be like this,  the money is gone and you have to start from scratch again.  If you do not stop every payday will be like this and there will come a time when you spend money you need for bills,  then you are tempted to get credit cards or loans just to gamble.  Use gamstop or lock your accounts so that you cannot use them.   I hate to say it but in some ways you are lucky you had an absolute shocker  at the start of this and can see the horrors before you are sucked in.

Yeah I’m excluding and stopping now. I’ve just done so much damage already. Cleaned my savings and current account totally including money for bills rent etc.  I just cannot get my head around it. I’ve left myself totally fu**ed from one day. I just can’t work out why I let myself accelerate from my 20p spins on reel king to to this madnes on the game.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Unfortunately all we can do is refer yourself to Gamstop. Gambling can be fun but can also be extremely damaging if uncontrolled. The Reel King videos the Bandit has released has been won through previous winnings that he had accrued, prior to that his losses were huge.

I am a recovering addict, I blame myself for the damage that I have done to myself and others. Gamstop won’t pay the bills but it will stop you digging yourself into debt any deeper. I am slowly crawling out of debt, it’s miserable but at the same time reassuring known that I am not sinking any further.

Whilst I sympathise with you I feel that the forum is taking a more sombre tone.

Outlaw

Yeah I’ve just come on here to vent. Sorry if it’s the wrong place to do it. I just cant get my head around it and needed to get it out. I know I have nobody to blame but myself. I’m blocking everything today. I’m just in shock and can’t quite wrap my head around it and what I’m going to do.

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

I have been there more times than I care to remember and it’s awful, but you are lucky you it happened now before the beast fully takes control. unfortunatelyI don’t think gambling is for you.. there’s not a lot I can say except to learn from this, as others have said if you don’t stop this will go on forever but you’ll become desensitized to the feeling of being gutted and money will lose it’s value. at that point debts and problems start to spiral out of control,

remember you still have your health, and every time this month you want something but can’t afford it remember the reason why

all the best dude

Outlaw

Eightblack wrote:

I have been there more times than I care to remember and it’s awful, but you are lucky you it happened now before the beast fully takes control. unfortunatelyI don’t think gambling is for you.. there’s not a lot I can say except to learn from this, as others have said if you don’t stop this will go on forever but you’ll become desensitized to the feeling of being gutted and money will lose it’s value. at that point debts and problems start to spiral out of control,

remember you still have your health, and every time this month you want something but can’t afford it remember the reason why

all the best dude

Thanks for the response buddy. I think you are 100% right it’s not for me. Unfortunately  This will affect me for much longer than a month. But yeah it’s good it happened now I guess. Just wish I never started. Just gotta wrap my head around this and start addressing the huge mess I’ve put myself in.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

It takes some people years to get out of gambling debt. Believe me you’ll look back at this in a few months and you’ll have forgotten about it. The worst thing you could of done is won. Believe it or not that’s what starts a long time gambler off is winning off their first deposit. I’m not saying I’m happy you lost but will agree the worst thing you can do off your first deposits is win.

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Sorry to hear mate although it is no consolation the fact that you have straight up come out with it really is a brave thing to do. Many of people hide away and will not admit they have no control so well done for that. Knowing you have a problem is the best place to start good luck going forward

Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

It takes some people years to get out of gambling debt. Believe me you’ll look back at this in a few months and you’ll have forgotten about it. The worst thing you could of done is won. Believe it or not that’s what starts a long time gambler off is winning off their first deposit. I’m not saying I’m happy you lost but will agree the worst thing you can do off your first deposits is win.

I really hope you are right about that in a few months. Right now the volume of loss and the position I’m in is sinking in. No idea how I’m going to get through this right now. Or what I’m going to tell my family. I left myself with literally nothing. I don’t understand how I let myself do it. If only could just go back 24 hours and avoid it all. Sorry for bringing negativity here. Just had nowhere else to talk about it and had to discuss it somewhere.

Outlaw

Yeah I’ve just come on here to vent after it happening. I know I have nobody to blame but myself. Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent about it. I’m blocking myself out of everything today. It’s just a massive shock.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Feel free to bring your experiences here mate. That’s what the forum is for. There are alot of genuine people on here with huge amounts of experience who will offer help and advice anytime of the day and night.

THAGABSTAR WANTED $105
    Outlaw

Sorry to hear about the loss mate and you are taking the steps to self exclude gambling can be a cruel thing if you dont control it and gamble within your means but on the other hand you have done it on your first go which takes people years becasue of the first time they gamble they win and feel the buzz of winning so they always think there getting that win were in your case you discoverd the huge loss so in a way its a good thing for you so you know the cruel part straight off and your not looking for that win

Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Feel free to bring your experiences here mate. That’s what the forum is for. There are alot of genuine people on here with huge amounts of experience who will offer help and advice anytime of the day and night.

Thanks buddy good to know its ok. I’m just not sure what my next step is after blocking myself. Obviously I’m done with gambling but I mean rebuilding my life and actually managing to live with nothing left after a life changing loss.

Outlaw

THAGABSTAR wrote:

Sorry to hear about the loss mate and you are taking the steps to self exclude gambling can be a cruel thing if you dont control it and gamble within your means but on the other hand you have done it on your first go which takes people years becasue of the first time they gamble they win and feel the buzz of winning so they always think there getting that win were in your case you discoverd the huge loss so in a way its a good thing for you so you know the cruel part straight off and your not looking for that win

I did have a couple decent wins when I first started and I think that spurred me on. They were nothing compared to the amount I have now lost though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)