A gambler’s question about Corona-19.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    ulrichburke WANTED $4
    Outlaw

Dear Everyone.

In the middle of all this Corona-bull – you’ll understand why I say that in a moment – I’ve got a couple of questions to ask that I’d LOVE a bit of feedback about.

First one is – I’ve read that the death rate from this thing is ONE PERCENT TO ABOUT FIVE PERCENT, depending on where you look.  Now if you played a slot which guaranteed you ninety-nine percent of your money back, would you think you were onto a good thing or not? If ‘yes’, what the heck is all the fuss about? One hundred and forty thousand people died of MEASLES last year.  There’s a vaccine for measles, yet all those people still died from it and you heard nothing about it in any of the papers.  So why is the world making so much fuss about this? Flat don’t get it.

OK, count the whole para. above as one question (so sue me!) Here’s the next and I’m putting the proof in as well. The British Govt. officially DOWNGRADED the Corona-virus on March the 20th.  Why? Because it was killing SO FEW PEOPLE they didn’t think it was worth calling a pandemic (Note – the WHO changed the meaning of the word ‘pandemic’ awhile back.  Originally, it meant something that killed a LOAD of people worldwide (forget the number, but it was big!) Now, it’s just a disease that’s widespread regardless of how many it kills.)  Here’s the proof….

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19

Now OK you have to scroll down a bit, past the blue bit at the top, but when you’ve scrolled down you’ll find some very interesting reading.  Like how the Govt’s DOWNGRADED Corona-19 because – wait for it! – IT KILLED SO FEW PEOPLE! Now that’s not what they’re telling us on the news all the time, is it! So what do you think is REALLY going on?

This is all very bizarre and rather worrying when one considers in 2014/15 there were 28,330 recorded flu deaths averaging 17,000 between 2014/15 and 2018/2019. Whereas deaths supposedly from COVID-19 as of 1 April stand at 2,352 with 29,474 infected cases. Indeed, the WHO says that up to 20% of the population may be infected by flu every year in Europe dependant on the particular strain of flu circulating.  Europe’s population is almost 750 million so this would give a possible infected figure of 150 million. As of today there have only been 853,200 reported cases of coronavirus/COVID 19 worldwide.

So you’ve got a disease with a 1-5% death rate, that kills less than flu and measles, that has less than a million worldwide cases (get the possible flu infection figures above, let along the measles figures!) and a supposed death rate of less than 2,500!! Now as a gambler, I’d say the odds of me surviving catching that in a crowded street are pretty danged good.  And if I’d just left a slot where I’d only lost one percent of my money, I’d prob. be overjoyed.

Someone tell me – what’s all the fuss and panic about? I flat do not get it.

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

whoswho WANTED $114
    Outlaw

In short there’s no vaccine so no way to prevent catching it,

Its super aggressive any person who comes into contact has a 96% chance of contacting it.

The share number it will infect will create a massive influx of hospital patience the infrastructure simply can’t handle it.

This is the worst thing to have happened in the last 100years, It is and will be Just the start of an avalanche of world problems to follow.

There’s a lot of other examples I’m sure others will add to this

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

Wait till you have a loved one catch and possibly die from it, then see if this drivel is relevant. If you genuinely want to know how bad is it, look at the difference between your copy and paste figures from a couple of weeks ago and look at the fresh figures now.

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

How have u compared playing a slot with 99% Rtp.  To a virus killing people . Would you play Russian roulette with 1 bullet in  a thousand ? With nothing to gain but your life .

Sal139 WANTED $29
    Outlaw

*Rumages around for tin foil hat.*

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

First, pandemic means multiple countries infection not deaths…second  measles and flu both have “ cures  “ and had their genetics mapped, and yes they kill rate is bigger compared to covid, but that’s at this moment.the potential for mass population infection isn’t there with flu because of the work done over the decades.(flu jabs, and exposure to similar viruses …) with flu there is a fence we can ring around it so that all of Britain aren’t banging on the nhs door, but even with the steps we have for flu, the nhs buckles in winter, and there’s a reel threat that the super flu is on its way because people aren’t taking the jabs anymore which allows the virus to mutate …there are 66 million ish people in the uk and in that, 1.5 million ish super vulnerable…. this 1.5 is one of the factors for staying inside… you can not house 1.5 million in hospitals, then add the elderly on top …and then add on heathy people who have caught  it ….there isn’t enough nhs to stretch ..

so although flu has a larger death number , it does have a high point that is classed as “ with in the norm “, but covid doesn’t have this, so potentially with out the steps we have 66 million who could catch covid,
    even in the best country, with a Flawless government, there wouldn’t be enough drugs, beds , nurses , doctors to cope with mass population outbreak , and the deaths would be out of this world

it is right to say that the numbers of beds and the stress on hospitals isn’t as big as first predicted ( my partner is front line nhs, so except for London the hospitals are “ coping “ even if the narrative from the papers doesn’t highlight it) but the nhs has been battling for ten years so has got very good at doing miracles with nothing .my partner is covering three people’s jobs because their is no funding to hire, that’s before covid happened, she now covers 5 people’s wards….. but just because things aren’t as bad as predicted doesn’t mean it’s not bad, and it’s because of what the population are doing, we followed the rules and the numbers stay manageable

At the mo you sound like that kid who takes vitamins every day and then says when he’s 40 “ well don’t know why I took those vitamins,  I’ve never been vitamin deficient… what a waste of time “

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

ulrichburke wrote:

As of today there have only been 853,200 reported cases of coronavirus/COVID 19 worldwide.

There’s a lot to tackle here, I may come back to this thread at a later date, however I’d just like to address the fact that your numbers are way off.

As of today, right now, there are 2,261,397 confirmed cases worldwide. Due to lack of testing, the actual figure is far higher than this – it’s likely to be closer to ten million.

When we look at death rate, it is somewhere between 1 and 5%, more on the lower end of that. That is still exceptionally high for a strain of flu. There have been 154,726 confirmed deaths worldwide as I write this post. Again, like above, the actual figure is likely to be higher than this due to misreporting and incorrect categorisation.

We have a widespread vaccine for measles, and it’s a well established virus that globally we have at least some immunity to regardless of the vaccine. With COVID19 it’s new, it’s dangerous, and we currently have no vaccine for it, hence the fast spread of the virus worldwide – and that’s despite the extreme social distancing measures that have been applied.

It is serious, and it should not be trivialised.

Guffleshuffle87 WANTED $60
    Outlaw

Xbobmad wrote:

Wait till you have a loved one catch and possibly die from it, then see if this drivel is relevant. If you genuinely want to know how bad is it, look at the difference between your copy and paste figures from a couple of weeks ago and look at the fresh figures now.

THIS is exactly what I’ve said to anyone I’ve heard calling bullshit on this serious pandemic. All these tin foil hat dickheads wouldn’t be spouting conspiracy theories if one of their loved ones was lost to this horrible, horrible thing. It’s scary as fuck.

Kippo1 WANTED $4
    Outlaw

I might be thick but how can you use the flu comparison,

if you locked down everyone with flu and measles and let everyone with Covid-19 on the streets the figures would be reversed,you would be saying “flu and measles only infect 1 in every 1000 whereas Covid-19 infects 800 in every 1000(80% of the population on latest figures)

I’m probably wrong,I normally am.

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

We should have a referendum on it.

nffcfan WANTED $8
    Outlaw

Isn’t the lockdown in almost every country stopping the massive jumps in case numbers tho?

Regardless of if you fancy your chances or not have a look at the below from a friends wife and then decide if it’s worth the risk for you or your friends and family?

This is from the wife of one of our friends on Facebook,

Please read this. We have lost one of the most inspirational people to this virus. This is what family’s go through. # here for the GREENS.

For those who think the rules don’t apply, or I’ll be ok think about what this brave family have had to go through. They’ve lost and amazing husband, dad, grandad and friend. No one deserves to be on there own and no one should have to let their loves fall asleep alone. Amazing words Lorraine. Thinking of you all, just let this sink in!

“I know there’s alot of rumours / myths about what happens to the patient when they have COVID19 but I would just like to tell our version in case anyone thinking it won’t happen to them
    Mark was first told he had a cold but a few days later when the breathing problems started we called 999..
    When the paramedics took Mark they were sorry but only he could go, understandable but he was in the best hands even though he was ALONE
    Don’t really know what happened between 11-30 and 4o’clock when he was put onto ICU, numerous phone calls and couldn’t find where he was but he was still ALONE
    Now on a ward all we could do was phone up every two hours to hope for the smallest bit of news, they tested for the virus but wouldn’t get results for 24hrs, wasn’t allowed any visitors not even his wife, laid in bed ALONE
    Every day we’d cling onto the words of each ( brave ) nurse and picture him in our minds if they said he was on his front or his back, Still not allowed to see him, they would ring with any news
    Ten days he fought ALONE with no friends or family to hold his hand
    Then the phone call and it was from the doctor, telling me how much they’d tried but my husband was ‘ likely to die tonight ‘ and to come to the hospital. They were sorry but only I could go into him
    At hospital I had to wear the gown, two pairs of gloves, shoe covers, hair net and full plastic helmet type thing with oxygen attached and blowing in to me
    When I got to him he just looked like my Mark but asleep, felt like he was joking and was going to wake up ( I even asked him to )
    I had to beg and beg to the nurses and doctors to let my kids in telling them I needed them, they had to get suited up too
    Oldest daughter wasn’t allowed in because she had just had a baby and his own mum wasn’t allowed to be with her son because of her age, they had to watch their dad/ son pass away through the small window of the door to the ward
    We could only hold Marks hand with plastic gloves on and tried our best to kiss him through a plastic visor ??
    Such a sad and lonely end for someone who was such a beautiful and happy ” people person ”
    Don’t think it can’t happen to you! The rules are not there to spoil your fun they are there to save yoI.

Anonymous WANTED $110
    Inactive

easy way to get covid-19 if you use london underground

Run187 WANTED $28
    Outlaw

My mother needed to be put in a coma for a month to save her life with respiratory problems.

I’ve been on life support for respiratory problems a few times. I’ve had a hole in my lung which required me to use a nebulizer machine every 30 seconds that my friend is what your so-called bull is like. do what you’re told to do and it lessens the chance of you getting it.

A friend’s cousin died in the hospital after getting the virus. a doctor of the hospital who I was speaking to a month ago died yesterday.

What’s all the fuss about? 15000+ people have died that would be what the fuss is about. nurses sitting with patients for 48 hours, nhs on its arse hospitals overflowing. economy fucked, joblessness off the charts. people struggling for food .

Watch your mother being kept alive by ten machines then come back and ask what the fuss is about..

Run187 WANTED $28
    Outlaw

Kippo1 wrote:

I might be thick but how can you use the flu comparison,

if you locked down everyone with flu and measles and let everyone with Covid-19 on the streets the figures would be reversed,you would be saying “flu and measles only infect 1 in every 1000 whereas Covid-19 infects 800 in every 1000(80% of the population on latest figures)

I’m probably wrong,I normally am.

Sars type viruses are nothing like the flu. it is akin to having chronic asthma and having a permeant attack. a thing which ive spent man, many days in the hospital with ..

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Here’s my take, (bare in mind I’m 6 cans in)

So first off I beleive this to have originated from the virology labs in wuhan not wet markets, as has now been more or less proven China lied about the severity of the situation leading to the WHO to tell the word it could not be contracted from human to human contact, as a result of this leaders globally failed to put in appropriate measures, a good example is sadiq Khan explicitly telling good morning Britain viewers that public transport in London will pose zero risk. I beleive that to be the reason for London becoming the UKs epicentre. The risk is reasonably low as the figures can’t possibly represent anything accurate as tests and general knowledge of the disease are not yet available.. My sisters house mate was hospitalised and tested positive she recovered yet of the 7 other people who had been sharing spliffs with the victim of it only three suffered any symptoms and they where all mild. The media is on fear overdrive in an effort to change life as we know it. I think it poses a significant risk and we should all practice social distancing and wash your hands and shit but I also believe we are being treated like rabbits under headlights

I don’t believe all of this is mistake or accident, I beleive it is the first step towards an orwellian future.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)