Xbox

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

So @Xbobmad i remeber you saying you used to Mod Xbox’s was these the OG xbox using the Alladin or Excuter chips or did you softmod using the old 007 save hack and avalanche dashboard 🙂

On a side note, I been chipping consoles and modding since the PS1 when I was 15ish lol

MichaelLFC96 WANTED $114
    Outlaw

Bloody hell I remember my chipped PS1 when I was a kid. Had over 300 games and still only played Michael Owen’s Soccer and UEFA Striker hahaha

Hogs of War, Medal of Honor, Tombi, the obvious Spyro and Crash series, Star Wars JPB, some unbelievable games on there for the time.

Shame I only really play PES now, just so much shit getting churned out now they all get stale after a few weeks. Red Dead was finished after a few weeks and the online is toxic, Siege was fun for a few months but then got monotonous (says the lad only playing PES) and FIFA, don’t even want to talk about that.

What a fucking pile of trash.

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

It was mostly xecuter stuff, some of their mods were wonderful like the full panel replacement with screen.

It was (and still is really) a fantastic console to work with, XBMC / KODI a particular highlight. Lots of clock capacitors failing now though so if you’ve still got one make sure you replace it ?

Ahhh the old PS1 with its little 8 pin chip, we modded thousands of those bad boys at work back in the day ? Importing games must have been massive around the Blackpool area!

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

I think it was during the OG xbox but did you ever go to Bowlers in Manchester 🙂 if you did youll know what i mean before they cleaned it up with raids etc lol

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

MichaelLFC96 wrote:

Bloody hell I remember my chipped PS1 when I was a kid. Had over 300 games and still only played Michael Owen’s Soccer and UEFA Striker hahaha

Hogs of War, Medal of Honor, Tombi, the obvious Spyro and Crash series, Star Wars JPB, some unbelievable games on there for the time.

Shame I only really play PES now, just so much shit getting churned out now they all get stale after a few weeks. Red Dead was finished after a few weeks and the online is toxic, Siege was fun for a few months but then got monotonous (says the lad only playing PES) and FIFA, don’t even want to talk about that.

What a fucking pile of trash.

Hogs of War a classic there are loads of games out now that are pretty good I am looking forward to Anthem, Black Desert Online and Trials Rising 🙂 I am a sucker though got over 500+ games for ma xbox one lol

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

Seedy wrote:

I think it was during the OG xbox but did you ever go to Bowlers in Manchester ? if you did youll know what i mean before they cleaned it up with raids etc lol

I didn’t personally go, I heard all the stories though ? working at a game rental and pc repair place I didn’t really have any need ?

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Xbobmad wrote:

Seedy wrote:

I think it was during the OG xbox but did you ever go to Bowlers in Manchester ? if you did youll know what i mean before they cleaned it up with raids etc lol

I didn’t personally go, I heard all the stories though ? working at a game rental and pc repair place I didn’t really have any need ?

Ahh used to just rip the games as the came in for rental then yeah didn’t have that privilege used to grab the USA imports copies at bowlers this was pre ADSL when broadband was 512kbs max lol and you upload was a snail that had been half fucked up the arse by a seagull yes that slow lololol

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

I’m on the switch at the moment, Xbox One had a drink over christmas so until I can afford a OneX it the switch for me ?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ?

@seedy digital or physical games? I used to be big on having the games but I’ve moved to digital now for pretty much everything

MichaelLFC96 WANTED $114
    Outlaw

I’m very much a solo online gamer, it’s just the competition element, one on one, beating another man, can’t get enough of it ????

Still play with mates now and again but that solo environment always pulls me in

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Xbobmad wrote:

I’m on the switch at the moment, Xbox One had a drink over christmas so until I can afford a OneX it the switch for me ?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ?

@seedy digital or physical games? I used to be big on having the games but I’ve moved to digital now for pretty much everything

all digital mate I’ve got a few physicals but that’s all and I think I re-bought some of those digitally as well lol shame about your box being dead :_( coulda hooked up lol

haven’t got a Switch although Nintendo do great games themselves there’s nothing else i would play and during its lifetime that means there’s only about 10 games i would ever get :/

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

I bought GTA5 on Xbox digitally because I was too lazy to swap games ? thats when I decided digital is whats gotta be done.

Switch is becoming the platform of choice for small studio games, it’s good to see. It’s catalogue of triple A titles though is pretty slim, mostly WiiU games repackaged because nobody bought a wiiU ?

Playing rocket league on the train handheld is quite good fun though ?

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Xbobmad wrote:

I bought GTA5 on Xbox digitally because I was too lazy to swap games ? thats when I decided digital is whats gotta be done.

Switch is becoming the platform of choice for small studio games, it’s good to see. It’s catalogue of triple A titles though is pretty slim, mostly WiiU games repackaged because nobody bought a wiiU ?

Playing rocket league on the train handheld is quite good fun though ?

Haha the handheld side is very good and Rocket League is an EPIC game Yeah Nintendo don’t put up many barriers in front of smaller devs and the ID@xbox program is damn good as well. And i don’t think in 2019 i should have to get up anymore to change games lol.

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

Game Pass is helping with the Xbox, it’s basically what Microsoft wanted to do with the Xbox One from launch. Then they confused everyone with their odd announcements about people not being able to resell physical games as they are just a key.

Public opinion was already ruined and that was essentially that. 2 to 1 ratio of PS4 to XO.

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Yeah, Xbox broke there own shit this Gen and basically handed it all over to Sony lol I’ve owned both the PS4 and Xbox I just chose to play on Xbox as that’s where I had played previously on the 360 and OG Xbox my Gamertag is one from the Beta role out of Xbox live 🙂 Now I’ve got the XB1X and its head and shoulders the most powerful console and best place for me to game this Gen and I’m hoping that is rumours are true then we can expect a 12 Teraflop Nextbox which will pull more people back over with the added fact that they have bought about 8 studios out this year and they will be making some great new IPs going forward. 🙂

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

I’ve never really got to grips with Sony’s placement of analog sticks, I always thought I’d just got rubbish at games but then the original Duke controller changed everything!

They remade the Duke for the XO (well outsourced it to hyperkin) but since it’s not a first party product, there’s no wireless ?

The new XB is surely going to be a Ryzen with a load of Vega cores, hopefully they plough ahead with digital only ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)