Where can an ex-gambler borrow money when its urgent?!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Rbreen91 wrote:

Seedy wrote:

Rbreen91 wrote:

Seedy wrote:

lainey87 wrote:

You can come to my door. You can break every bone in my body. You can kill me. But I still wouldn’t give you the £200 to prove the point.. there is fuck all anyone could do.. hence I said, fuck debts off. Only pay if a ccj turns up and in 6 years ull be debt free.. build bridges with friends and family with those who will communicate.. ruthless, cunt, dick. Whatever you would say.. that’s law!!

Ok both you and breen stop the playground I knock you out shit fuck me!

What the fuck are you on about? Please feel free to quote the post I said anything to that effect…

“Nothing anybody can do? I think you’ll find you can do plenty to some shitbag who owes you money.”

He is responding to that breen.

I am nearly saying I dont want it to get childish. ??? so everyone calm down.?

I wasn’t even implying any illegality in my comment. There are loads of options to get back money owed.

i’m not saying that I’d pay a junkie £100 to stab him or anything ??

?????

He obviously just took it that way hence me saying cut it out mate lol??

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I think we’ve all seen lainey87 true colours and that’s just the way he is. There are people out there like that. I’m afraid that’s just the world we live in.

Ezekiel2517 WANTED $15
    Outlaw

Its probably all been said but the OP is a complete idiot, hes earning 50k, you dont need a fucking loan you need a financial advisor, and I’m guessing the main incentive for a loan is that you’ll keep 2k to gamble or whatever. Get a grip, get your wages transferred to someone else’s account, your wife or someone who cares about her, and let them sort it all , you’re bot ready to quit gambling and quit the misery you’re inflicting clearly so you dont even deserve that help, but your family does.

Mossy89 WANTED $10
    Outlaw

@lainey87

I think you would find if the OP got took to court for a CCJ and the court had a look at his earnings and as the OP stated he earned “50k a year” they would do an attachment to earnings to recover the debt owed in his name, the reason you can get away with paying £1 a month on 5-6 different CCJs is probably because you dont work and you spunge off the government and us honest hard working citizens end up paying for your way in life.

OP please do not listen to Lainey87 and do as most have already said and sell your 50% of your house and settle your debts! It will hurt your ego but you can always rebuild and it will be easier for you on such a good wage.

thereelslotgrinder WANTED $4
    Outlaw

I’d like to sell my house but it’s impossible, it’s probably not going to be my house for much longer because we haven’t paid the mortgage in 3 months. We haven’t paid any bills in 3 months. The place is a pit and in a state of disrepair. Theres not been a penny spent on it in 12 years. We live in a little shit hole village with fuck  all  amenities and no one in their right mind would want to buy it, let alone live here. A couple years after we bought our place a whole bunch of new houses went in so anyone wanting to stay here would buy those instead, and they are always up for sale. It costs money to sell a house, money I don’t  have. And…you  need a house to live in. Selling my house would make my family homeless. The days of council homes are a distant rumour these days. No private landlord would entertain me for the same reason the banks won’t loan to me. Even if they would, usually you need to pay a couple months in advance, again money I simply don’t have.

In fact the only option seems to be to get lucky and win a five figure score…..if only. I was in this same predicament almost 15 years ago and it was a 5 figure score that saved me then, I was close to suicide then and didn’t get any help from anyone. Once I came in with the cheque to the bank they were all over me “hey want a loan, want a credit card, want a house? let me get you an appointment with a financial advisor to talk about investments” After paying debt and buying a house and furnishing it I had nothing left.

Outlaw

Ezekiel2517 wrote:

Its probably all been said but the OP is a complete idiot, hes earning 50k, you dont need a fucking loan you need a financial advisor, and I’m guessing the main incentive for a loan is that you’ll keep 2k to gamble or whatever. Get a grip, get your wages transferred to someone else’s account, your wife or someone who cares about her, and let them sort it all , you’re bot ready to quit gambling and quit the misery you’re inflicting clearly so you dont even deserve that help, but your family does.

No, I need money. Bills need paid YESTERDAY, what can an advisor advise me of?! This is last chance saloon, do or die, act right now time.

PsychicSnail WANTED $111
    Outlaw

@thereelslotgrinder. All those bills are a big issue for sure, though nothing that can’t be sorted out by talking to your creditors. If you earn £50K a year, don’t gamble, and live very frugally for the next few months, then you could start controlling almost any amount of debt, if it’s managed correctly.

The real issue however, is that you still see winning big as a way out. You still have a gambling mentality and will still gamble.

So yes, I agree, you and your family are well and truly fucked.

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

Yeah that’s an issue. You’ve been gambling to get out of a hole that was created through gambling and you’ve reached the point now where you actually need to get the miracle win to get out of the shit you’ve put yourself in.

Don’t kill yourself. You say you have a family, why would you do that to them, they don’t deserve to spend their life blaming themselves because of your depression and gambling personality. Get mental help, call the Samaritans, do whatever it takes to make it to the next day.

You can recover from anything given enough time, you can’t recover from death.

You need to talk to a professional, go to citizens advice, join gamblers anonymous and give your finances over to your wife.

You earn a decent wage, your wife works too. You can recover from this. If your house is shit then losing it isn’t the end of the world I guess, start saving all your money…

Stop.

Fucking.

Gambling.

Mossy89 WANTED $10
    Outlaw

PsychicSnail wrote:

@thereelslotgrinder. All those bills are a big issue for sure, though nothing that can’t be sorted out by talking to your creditors. If you earn £50K a year, don’t gamble, and live very frugally for the next few months, then you could start controlling almost any amount of debt, if it’s managed correctly.

The real issue however, is that you still see winning big as a way out. You still have a gambling mentality and will still gamble.

So yes, I agree, you and your family are well and truly fucked.

Amen to that statement.

Mossy89 WANTED $10
    Outlaw

thereelslotgrinder wrote:

I’d like to sell my house but it’s impossible, it’s probably not going to be my house for much longer because we haven’t paid the mortgage in 3 months. We haven’t paid any bills in 3 months. The place is a pit and in a state of disrepair. Theres not been a penny spent on it in 12 years. We live in a little shit hole village with fuck  all  amenities and no one in their right mind would want to buy it, let alone live here. A couple years after we bought our place a whole bunch of new houses went in so anyone wanting to stay here would buy those instead, and they are always up for sale. It costs money to sell a house, money I don’t  have. And…you  need a house to live in. Selling my house would make my family homeless. The days of council homes are a distant rumour these days. No private landlord would entertain me for the same reason the banks won’t loan to me. Even if they would, usually you need to pay a couple months in advance, again money I simply don’t have.

In fact the only option seems to be to get lucky and win a five figure score…..if only. I was in this same predicament almost 15 years ago and it was a 5 figure score that saved me then, I was close to suicide then and didn’t get any help from anyone. Once I came in with the cheque to the bank they were all over me “hey want a loan, want a credit card, want a house? let me get you an appointment with a financial advisor to talk about investments” After paying debt and buying a house and furnishing it I had nothing left.

I dont want to come across a dick here but let’s face it pal your looking for a quick hand out by some sucker off here and it ain’t going to happen believe me, you made this mess so you man up and fix it bud you say you earn 50k a year that’s more then double most average people. Your real issue isnt the debt or the house being repossessed it’s the fact that you still think gambling is the way out the hole……

Outlaw

I actually earn 10 grand less than the national average for my role, but considering I only left school with a couple of GCSEs I can live with that. I have worked in my industry for 20 years. Prior to that I worked in a factory after losing an office job I’d had since I was 16 due to the company shutting down. I was unemployed for 8 months when I was 19 after walking out the factory job (I refuse to be in the company of idiots) and it was hell. I didn’t sign on, and I had a young family to support then. Instead I taught myself my trade and was lucky to eventually find a company who were willing to take a chance on me and not just write me off because I hadn’t been to university. I told them I would work one month unpaid to prove my worth. That company also folded in a couple of years but I now had experience and have been able to keep myself employed for 20 years. Man up? Don’t make me fucking laugh. I was a father at 16. I’ve done everything the fucking hard way. Gambling is the fucking WORST thing I have ever got myself into and I wish by fuck all the government lesiglations that are coming into place now were there 20 years ago….long before id have ever started.

SlotsCrack WANTED $62
    Outlaw

Online gambling might be the wealth of some, but the cancer for alot of other people.

It just ruins lives, period.

darrellburnett WANTED $9
    Outlaw

The best way is Step Change mate! It was save you from going bankrupt. I started using them when my debt got too much and my payments went from £800 pcm on debt to £250. They contact your creditors and once the ball-ache of setting it up is sorted its pretty east. They are great. I have a debt management plan (DMP) started mine in May 18′ and ive already paid off almost £5k.

Good luck mate

http://www.stepchange.org

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

gives me the shits

hitopz1 WANTED $4
    Outlaw

In a similar position to you, m8, so I know what that feeling is like. In a decent job but have been battling with gambling for about 20 years now. Have owed as much as £125000. House repossessed. Borrowed from friends and lied about what the money is for. Got to be brutal here. Are you being honest with yourself? You say the bank isn’t lending to you but would you have used any extra loans to actually reduce your debts? Or would you – as I have done all too often – have taken the cash and gone gambling? Don’t go down the joint account route. Sorry. It’s got to be more brutal. Close your accounts and pay her the money you earn. If you do a joint account, and you fuck up, she will end up having to carry that burden too. That’s not fair on her. You have to put your trust in her on this – that’s a real gamble. But, if you don’t, she won’t ever be able to trust you again. Get yourself into a debt management plan. Stepchange is free. I’m with Payplanplus – also free. My debt is still £51000 and I have been paying for 10 years. Still got 4 years to go. I’ve stopped blaming everybody and everything else. I’m blaming myself but I also have started to be kinder to myself – you need to get into that place too. Once you have sorted out a DMP, get some therapy for the gambling. I gamble because I get bored/lonely/depressed and – let’s be honest – I enjoy the false high it gives me. Sounds pretty shit, doesn’t it? But it’s an addiction – and that is what addictions do – they fuck you in the head. Then, use Debt Camel (website) to get advice on how to make unaffordable lending complaints to all the fuckers who have lent to you and ignored your credit record in order to stuff their pockets with your cash. It sounds like you have plenty of good reasons to get refunded the interest you’ve paid out – and don’t worry about the gambling on that front. Be open about it. Most of these sewer rats will reject your complaint and you’ll have to go to the Financial Ombudsman but it’s worth doing. Addiction is a mental health condition and lenders are required by law to take it into account. There are a lot of steps to take and your situation will take time to sort out. If you really do want it sorting, accept this, value the small things in life again and be kinder to yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Where can an ex-gambler borrow money when its urgent?!’ is closed to new replies.