toothache nhs a joke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

have had the worst pain ever for 6 days now and cant get any nhs dentist, i need all my teeth taken out and false then no more toothache.the thing that bugs me if i go private could get my mouth fixed and the treatment started but i aint got that sort of money.yet worked my nuts off over the years and pay my N.I and cant get nhs dentist. thats my rant over

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

It won’t sort out the long term issue but have you asked about dental access – it’s NHS for emergency treatment where there is no other option, they could at least deal with the immediate pain

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Sorry, me again.  I don’t know where you live, but if you google “Dental Access Centre” you might find someone able to help with the pain relief and sorting out the short term issues.    I used them once and was able to get in the same day despite not being registered with an NHS dentist

A warning for anyone registered – if you don’t attend for 2 years they strike you off their register and you have to find a new one. which is like trying to get a decent bonus on the donuts slots

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Yeah toothache really does suck. My go to for pain relief back in the day was smoking weed Which of course was only a very short term solution. If there is no nhs dentist locally what about next town or something best to try get sorted soon as before the nerves die. There was also a liquid i used to get out of asda then when applied to gums would make it go numb for a couple of hours cant remember the name though so not to usefull sorry haha

Good luck hope you get it sorted ?

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Rub whiskey on the tooth it will ease the pain. Unfortunately i know the costs of dentists at the min. I’ve got a fractured tooth and it’s going to cost £150 just to take a tooth out next week. I suppose I’d get plenty of offers if i asked anyone to help me. ?

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Haz40 wrote:

Rub whiskey on the tooth it will ease the pain. Unfortunately i know the costs of dentists at the min. I’ve got a fractured tooth and it’s going to cost £150 just to take a tooth out next week. I suppose I’d get plenty of offers if i asked anyone to help me. ?

Damn, so glad I have maintained my NHS.    Check up, scale and polish and filling for £60.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Dune2000 wrote:

Haz40 wrote:

Damn, so glad I have maintained my NHS.    Check up, scale and polish and filling for £60.

I know it’s a right rip off. I’ve had 2 assessments. 1 xray. 2 hygienist. Got 1 tooth extraction to come plus another hygienist. Total cost around £500 in about 6 months. Could save myself the £150 by getting someone to punch me. Surprisingly had quite a few offers lol. ?They asked me to sign some dribble though so assuming it says if tooth comes out I’m still liable.

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

You are being well and truly mugged off £150 for a tooth out is outrageous. My last tooth out cost £12

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Malkychamp wrote:

You are being well and truly mugged off £150 for a tooth out is outrageous. My last tooth out cost £12

<!– .bbp-reply-content –>

That was in 1954 though 🙂

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Cheeky bugger am just a young pup ? it was last year just need to find yourself a Bulgarian dentist working the backstreets lol

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

If you tie a bit of string on your tooth,  I’ll attach a rock to other end and throw it for a bag of munchies 😉 hahahah

On a serious note OP, don’t you have access to NHS emergency thing like when you ring 111? I think theres also a website that tells you what dentists in your area are accepting NHS new patients. I might have dreamt it but I’ll have a look ?

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

have called every nhs dentist and its not taking on any nhs or one said maybe in june.i dont wanna go to  emergency dentist as all they will do is pull the tooth when i might be able to save the tooth.if i had my way would have them all out and false put in .

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Malkychamp wrote:

If there is no nhs dentist locally what about next town

Ah the curse of the NHS dentist search, I have to drive around 20 miles to see mine.   I don’t even want to know how I would be expected to get my teeth looked at if I didn’t drive, 3 buses and 2 hours each way.

There may be a market for a mobile dentist – I know Eight Black was looking for a new career choice.

Tooth extractions from a mobile dentist

Anaesthetic = club over the back of the head

Extraction = Small pair of pliers and a pocket knife

That will be £50 please 🙂

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

i won’t go into why but I traveled the planet for 8 months in pain before I finally got the appt to have the wisdom tooth out. It wasn’t constant pain but random spurts of sheer agony. In the end it was removed by an old school friend at the hospital. 8 months of somewhat hell. At that point my friend could have thrown an xray machine out the window tied to it for all I cared. I did have to go to a&e one night when the pain got excruciatingly bad. I waited 3 hours to get a quick bit of gel rubbed around my gum which did instant wonders, cost me silly money in nhs parking and had worn off by the time I got home.

The dentist world seems to be broken.

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Gamble less, go private. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)