I need a hobby!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

So yeah, having blocked myself from gambling I now find myself at a bit of a loss. It was live roulette that did me in, historically I’ve actually done quite well off the slots, turning a profit in most of my sessions. Unfortunately as there’s no way to ban yourself from just roulette, I won’t be gambling at all for many months to come.

This has caused me to realise how much I relied on slots for casual entertainment. Before “the incident” recently, of an evening if I had nothing better to do (where “better to do” means either going out or spending time with my girlfriend), I wouldn’t hesitate to load up even just £20 for a couple hundred 20p spins on Bonanza or some 10p Book of Ra and even a low deposit like that could end up killing a few hours – hell, on a good day, it could result in a few hundred quid withdrawal.

Tongue in cheek, as I can assure you I’m not a totally boring person but….answers on a postcard please – what the hell do I do now?

scottj130208 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Maybe just use free play instead and keep watching bandits videos still

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Free play is boring, I’ve tried it but without any real cash at stake I just find I don’t care what happens. Or it goes the other way and I turn £100 of demo money in to about 30 grand and then get pissed that never happened when I was playing for real!

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Take a sport up. I play golf and snooker mainly. Golf is great for time killing 4 hours plus and then a few beers in the 19th

The Bandit WANTED $5,354
    El Bandito

I know what you mean argyl – if i didn’t play slots, i would be ridiculously bored a lot of the time lol I think i would convert my garage in to a man cave with a proper pool table and become a beast at pool lol I actually enquired with Cammeigh or however you spell it recently, the roulette wheel makers, whether they sold wheels for home use…. i would love to try and spin specific sections haha Sad aren’t i 😀

robthemonk12 WANTED $15
    Outlaw

I’ve not Gambanned but I’ve not played for a while after literally wanting to punch my screen, punching the desk, bruising my hand and wondering, “Why the fuck am I hurting myself over a Fat Fucking Reactoonz head?”.

I’ve also given up playing Fifa because of the dreaded Fifa rage. That game is on par with a bad slots run for me. I could feel a controller about to go through the TV screen lol.

I’ve got Netflix, Prime and a host of unwatched films. I’ve made a list of ones I want to watch and am constantly adding/ticking them off as I go along.

I’ve started reading so much more. Rather than slot at 9pm onwards, I’ll go to bed and read a book for 90 minutes – 2 hours. So many good books out there if you like good stories. I’ve set myself a goal of finishing all my unread books in 2019. That’s about 20 I think. Halfway through the first one already! Find something you like be it stories or autobiographies. Auto’s are good because you learn that everyone makes mistakes and you can still come out of it.

I play football on Wednesday nights which is good fun. I’ve got a goal of losing a stone by my Birthday in April. The beer gut is slowly coming out and needs to be put away again. Cold running incoming.

So in essence, get some goals of things you want to do or accomplish! Can be as simple as getting a colouring book and doodling away in front of the TV.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

If you have a pool table it’s compulsory to have a bar In the garage as well you can’t have one without the other ?

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

No room for a man cave in my rented flat! I’m thinking of taking up sketching, I’ve always been pretty bad at drawing but my girlfriend and a few other people have assured me it is possible to learn to do it well even if you’re not the artistic type. I had a go for a while every day earlier last year and managed to produce one reasonably good drawing of my cat, the rest of my sketches weren’t great. Plus it’ll give me something to do with my hands to replace all that mouse clicking 😀

MichaelLFC96 WANTED $114
    Outlaw

Darts is a good cost effective hobby that will enable you to see yourself improve and learn along the way.

Also the gym if you don’t go, sounds daft but when I get the urge to gamble I take myself to the gym and then I’m too tired to even think about it when I come back haha

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

I used to play Warhammer, Lord of the Rings and Warhammer 40k by Games Workshop when I was younger, it’s not a cheap hobby by any means but even if you bought a few figurines and some paint it can keep you entertained for hours, I always kept the first model I painted on my work bench so I got a little morale boost to see how much I was improving as I put the graft in to become better at it. I mainly started because I was terrible at drawing, I blame being left handed as it’s easier to accept than being talentless haha joking aside, I got quite good at painting from doing it! It might not be for everyone but I enjoyed it! Even if it doesn’t appeal to you, there are loads of figurines you can buy that might interest you such as The Terminator, Alien, super heroes and all that good nerdy stuff but it might be right up your street as you seem to have an interest in art.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

It’ll get easier bud. When I’ve had a long session of slots over a period of a few days or weeks, when I’ve finally come off it for a cooldown period for a few weeks, the first week or two are dreadful! Finding myself struggling to entertain myself, it’s a bit bizarre. You sort of get used to playing.

In terms of hobbies, only trial and error will tell you what you like and dislike. Ever considered a combat sport, like boxing? It’s something I took up not long ago after being a long-term fan of the sport, and I love it! Gives you a real thrill and keeps you in great shape.

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Stopping anything you enjoy is always tough, stopping playing Fruits is even harder lol but I find that my online gaming helps loads and I can spend some £ on it & also get a good laugh with your team mates, there’s loads of these games for mobile too so you’ll find one you like np… ?

Now I’m addicted to that too hahaha but keeps my slots down to almost a minimum that I haven’t even played Jammin jars this year… ?

appleman91 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

I pretty much slotted every night before I joined gamstop, so I found myself pretty lost afterwards. In the winter it’s not always ideal finding stuff to do outdoors. Having said that I enjoy going fishing to get me out the house. I’ve started gaming a bit more and I still enjoy watching slotting vids and streams. I watch quite a bit of football aswell. The gym is a decent time filler after work, not been able to go for a few months but I’ll be going again in the next couple of weeks.

Redcorvette WANTED $19
    Spectator

Slot players on the whole have addictive personalities so you need something which is addictive orbyou will get bored.

Gaming is pretty addictive although if you are shit at it you lose interest pretty quick.  Alternatively the gym is very addictive with the added benefits of watching your body change and the socialcamaraderie – just be aware it’s tough for the first month or so

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

Personally I just play my Ps4 instead. They are cheap (ish) now and some of the ‘games’ are so well produced you can lose yourself for hours at a time. Maybe it’s sad to play on a console for hours on end (it’s not) but it’s never cost me the contents of my bank account over a frantic 30 minutes haha.

A lot of games these days are made for adults and there’s something for everyone. It keeps your hands busy too heh. Anyway.. That helped me.

Redcorvette makes a great point about exercise too. It releases endorphins similar to gambling and if you work at it can easily replace the rush you used to get from gambling.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)