Honest opinion of the recent return

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous WANTED $110
    Inactive

videos are lovely special when he play on videoslot coz he build a good RTP,my RTP on videoslot last time I play was like 93% lol

Slapheadste WANTED $8
    Outlaw

To me I love the old and new format and thought that tonight you brought both together.  Carry on its always entertaining to watch

newcomps WANTED $8
    Outlaw

watched every vid this week and had been looking daily for your return steve. However, like a few have said, something is just “missing” from these videos. again the stakes dont matter – personally i also play £2 stakes when payday allows it 🙂 so its a good comparison but i think purley showing the bonuses paying out, doesnt show the emotions we see when a base win “just misses” . Even showing the decent base wins and the slowly (hopefully) fluctuating balance gives us an idea of the bonus. Like tonights where you just say that you spent 3k and only got 15 bonuses which actually works out exactly as 100x per slot. But presumably, some slots you played and never got a bonus? Others you may have given up up after losing 50x whilst others you might have spent £3-400 on before aborting. Its those things i miss. Why did you choose a particular game, why stay on one longer than another.? Please if you do intent to keep to the current policy, at least give us a little more background on each games win.losses. Maybe customers get to learn which ones to avoid or maybe even dive on one where you incurred heavy loss 🙂

PeachyMike WANTED $41
    Outlaw

Well, better these than no videos, but the reason I used to watch the videos was because of the funny banter, the puns and loud noises when games kept teasing you on the way to the bonus.

And yes I know it’s more editing work but, record the whole session, like Stop and Step does for example. Then you can at least show the bonusses roll in, and the occasional big base game win which do happen, in the past you just showed the screen after it happened, always found that useless.You did too iirc but you showed it anyway cause you sorta had to, cause it happened.

It’s more editing work, but as a Youtube content creator with a lot of subs, as you are, taking the easy way out with the simplest way to get some footage recorded, I always felt that could and should be better. If you have a good enough pc/ laptop which you should have, you could record your normal way and have something like OBS running in the background to catch any base game win or whatever else happens that you want to show, it would make the videos better . At least you wouldn’t have to be like ” damn I wish I recorded that” when at some point a game like Primal rolls in a huge base game win and you miss it. You could show it then.

But, obviously your choice. Catch everything good to make for a , for us, more entertaining and versatile, and for you, more satisfying end result to show, or keep doing things the easy way , and get bored as all fuck I bet with doing these bonus hunts cause tbf, it must be hard to keep these entertaining and have anything special to say about them.

I will still watch, you’re still an entertainer, but you get less and less chance to show it with the way the videos are set up

ImperialDragon WANTED $68
    Outlaw

Does anyone remember that used to release 3 videos per week in 2017?  It was usually a Sunday, a Tuesday and a Thursday.  Then we got used to him doing Sundays only then it became less frequent.  Now he’s upping his content to around 1 a day but no more than 1 a day.  I think that’s fair play to him because 1 per day is still manageable to watch and it’s not taking advantage of the covid situation.

Chipmonkz, on the other hand, used to release 1 video per day, again manageable and I liked his sidekick Jord.  Then the channel tripled their content overnight to capitalise on the boom in online gambling upon lockdown.  Also, I felt that it was an unfair advantage over other channels that were still operating at the same frequency as pre-covid.  Subscribers can only watch so much material per day before they become couch potatoes.

Outlaw

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

My first paragraph was reference the Bandit!

Neil C WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Maybe I buck the trend, but I enjoyed the bonus hunt vids. It’s good to have you back.

John-M WANTED $1
    Outlaw

I’m happy to see the regular uploads. No complaints from me Stevie. It does feel like you got some sponsor money or free can for LV but I don’t grudge you looking to get what you can at times like these.

Geordiemark42 WANTED $67
    Outlaw

I’m sorry but there are to many idiots on here who think Steve has an endless cash flow. No doubt the line of work he is in, has been hit by the bullshit virus bollocks. So had to change his game play. He was silent for weeks and everybody bitched and moaned. So shut the fuck up or fuck off. Once things pick up I’m sure the stakes will go daft again and you can all laugh hoping he loses his home. I for one will watch his videos and just enjoy we have a video to watch. If Steve is a millionaire I apologise.

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

Geordiemark42 wrote:

you can all laugh hoping he loses his home.

This is what happens a lot, taking rolla as an example, people appear to goad him into going on roulette knowing full well it’s a big bottle of tilt juice for him so they can lol to themselves

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Personally, I’ve enjoyed the videos as I love a bonus hunt format. However, it feels very obvious that Steve is not. For me, that takes a huge part away from the feel of his videos when it starts to feel like a chore rather than an exciting journey.

I am glad however that Reel King isn’t a part of it right now. Feels much more sensible and we’re getting to see a range of slots we wouldn’t normally see, old and new, which is great fun to me.

Just my thoughts.

Geordiemark42 WANTED $67
    Outlaw

Xbobmad wrote:

Geordiemark42 wrote:

you can all laugh hoping he loses his home.

This is what happens a lot, taking rolla as an example, people appear to goad him into going on roulette knowing full well it’s a big bottle of tilt juice for him so they can lol to themselves

Exactly Bob, they don’t look at what losing 100k in a slot session can mean and want it again a week after. I bet none of them could do £40 a spin. I admit Steve is his own worst enemy still playing the games that can cripple him. But he should not be pushed in to it. Winning 100k is great but what he risks for it is not worth it. I’m sure the 100k win on jars was a £6 stake? Proves you don’t need to go totally stupid. But I am a 40p stake player lol.

Outlaw

I’ve just watched this Tuesday’s 6PM video.  I’m still liking the bonus hunt format.  What makes this different from the other channels is that the Bandit doesn’t announce a line-up at the start.  He might say what the last couple of games are towards the end of the video, but I like the surprise of not knowing what most of them are.  Good selection of games too – a mixture of well loved classics with some new games and a good handful that I’ve never seen before.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Biohazard wrote:

Personally, I’ve enjoyed the videos as I love a bonus hunt format. However, it feels very obvious that Steve is not. For me, that takes a huge part away from the feel of his videos when it starts to feel like a chore rather than an exciting journey.

I am glad however that Reel King isn’t a part of it right now. Feels much more sensible and we’re getting to see a range of slots we wouldn’t normally see, old and new, which is great fun to me.

Just my thoughts.

I’ve just watched video #4 now, and actually it seems like as they go along, Steve is enjoying them more and more (or maybe it was just because he was winning haha). So I actually really enjoyed this one. No complaints from me!

TrickyCorn WANTED $8
    Outlaw

Honest opinion of the recent return

Is it though?

I appreciate what people are saying here in regards to responsible gambling and as a family lad myself I get it.

But there’s two things I’d say here on this.

1 – The ‘honest’ feedback in this thread is tainted by the environment.  Moderation here is heavy and community peer pressure to post only positive feedback is giving a lop sided view of the discussions.  I’ve tried to give feedback here already and been shot down several times because my delivery wasn’t with rainbows and butterflies.  There’s no doubt MANY more who read comments here and don’t waste their time posting anything except positive / reinforcement messages for fear of community backlash or moderation.

2 – We don’t know Steve’s financial situation, so any assumption on capacity to gamble here is all speculation and heresay, likely influenced by our own personal financial situations.  But I will say this : these bonus hunts are great and all, but the format and stakes are generic and dime a dozen out there today.  They are nothing new (indeed, a LOT of mainstreamers out there have already moved past 2/3 quid stakes) and whilst it’s more affordable over the longer term, it also heavily conflicts with the past format of a Bandit video.

I hear Steve is pushing hard to try and put some enthusiasm into these nightly hunts, but it’s a hollow sound.

Maybe it’s just my expectations or my experience with watching his videos in the past couple years, but these videos today just don’t have that excitement factor that made the Bandit the much favoured personality he’s always been known for.

So my ‘honest’ feedback is (and I already know his community will rip me a new one for actually being honest here) is that I find these videos extremely tame, boring, run of the mill, generic and dime a dozen online today.  There’s literally nothing about these videos in the current format that isn’t being done by dozens and dozens of streamers / content creators right now & you can hear it pretty plainly in his voice that it’s not exciting him in the slightest.

People tune into the Bandit for the highs and lows of degen madness he’s known for.

These videos couldn’t be more further away from that format if you tried.

For those of you that are starving for Bandit content and willing to take ANYTHING on offer and be happy with it, good on you.  For the rest of us… these videos are as exciting to watch and watching paint dry and THAT is the ‘honest’ truth.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)