Honest opinion of the recent return

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Dynamik23 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

TrickyCorn wrote:

Is it though?

I appreciate what people are saying here in regards to responsible gambling and as a family lad myself I get it.

But there’s two things I’d say here on this.

1 – The ‘honest’ feedback in this thread is tainted by the environment.  Moderation here is heavy and community peer pressure to post only positive feedback is giving a lop sided view of the discussions.  I’ve tried to give feedback here already and been shot down several times because my delivery wasn’t with rainbows and butterflies.  There’s no doubt MANY more who read comments here and don’t waste their time posting anything except positive / reinforcement messages for fear of community backlash or moderation.

2 – We don’t know Steve’s financial situation, so any assumption on capacity to gamble here is all speculation and heresay, likely influenced by our own personal financial situations.  But I will say this : these bonus hunts are great and all, but the format and stakes are generic and dime a dozen out there today.  They are nothing new (indeed, a LOT of mainstreamers out there have already moved past 2/3 quid stakes) and whilst it’s more affordable over the longer term, it also heavily conflicts with the past format of a Bandit video.

I hear Steve is pushing hard to try and put some enthusiasm into these nightly hunts, but it’s a hollow sound.

Maybe it’s just my expectations or my experience with watching his videos in the past couple years, but these videos today just don’t have that excitement factor that made the Bandit the much favoured personality he’s always been known for.

So my ‘honest’ feedback is (and I already know his community will rip me a new one for actually being honest here) is that I find these videos extremely tame, boring, run of the mill, generic and dime a dozen online today.  There’s literally nothing about these videos in the current format that isn’t being done by dozens and dozens of streamers / content creators right now & you can hear it pretty plainly in his voice that it’s not exciting him in the slightest.

People tune into the Bandit for the highs and lows of degen madness he’s known for.

These videos couldn’t be more further away from that format if you tried.

For those of you that are starving for Bandit content and willing to take ANYTHING on offer and be happy with it, good on you.  For the rest of us… these videos are as exciting to watch and watching paint dry and THAT is the ‘honest’ truth.

Opinion not truth*.

I do agree with some of what you are saying. Bandit has already said he found it boring and is looking into new ideas on twitter. I still enjoy the content but I would much rather see maybe 2 bonus hunts a week and then a 9-10k higher stake session. Thing is I just want him to do what he wants. When he is playing and doing what he wants then it’s far more enjoyable for me as a viewer. If he sat and played 20p spins on a single slot for an hour I would enjoy it if it’s what he actually wanted to do, as you get the personality of bandit coming through.

The way you constructed this feedback is WAY better than your other post, which is why you got so much hate on it.

TrickyCorn WANTED $8
    Outlaw

Thing is I just want him to do what he wants. When he is playing and doing what he wants then it’s far more enjoyable for me as a viewer.

Yep, totally agree with this one.

If he sat and played 20p spins on a single slot for an hour I would enjoy it if it’s what he actually wanted to do, as you get the personality of bandit coming through.

Humans have an excellent inbuilt radar for bullshit.  We can hear it when someone is genuinely engaged with what they’re doing & when they’re just going through the motions.

I think the reason why there’s a lot of conflicting feedback on this new format is because there’s something ‘missing’ in these types of videos.

They feel more like a ‘I need to put SOMETHING out there to promote Backinamo & generate affiliate turn over’ more than ‘I feel like having a bash, let’s see where this goes’.

If Bandit was dropping 3k a day (which is Waaaay more than many of us would even contemplate, yet alone actually do) then even over 5 days that’s 15k and that’s very serious money.

But would everyone be more engaged to see a daily 3k hunt?

Or would they prefer a once a week 15k degen session where Bandit just plays whatever the hell he likes?

I would say the 2nd option for me without hesitation.

The only thing that frustrates me with Bandit more atm is he plays low variance slots without much research and bemoans the payouts and doesn’t understand what’s happening.

I reckon if he went back to the old format of slapping down a few grand a week to start, play just what he wants and what he’s used to and let the degen in him flow without any fixed format he’d enjoy it a lot more and the viewing would be more entertaining.

Geordiemark42 WANTED $67
    Outlaw

TrickyCorn wrote:

Is it though?

I appreciate what people are saying here in regards to responsible gambling and as a family lad myself I get it.

1 – The ‘honest’ feedback in this thread is tainted by the environment.  Moderation here is heavy and community peer pressure to post only positive feedback is giving a lop sided view of the discussions.  I’ve tried to give feedback here already and been shot down several times because my delivery wasn’t with rainbows and butterflies.  There’s no doubt MANY more who read comments here and don’t waste their time posting anything except positive / reinforcement messages for fear of community backlash or moderation.

2 – We don’t know Steve’s financial situation, so any assumption on capacity to gamble here is all speculation and heresay, likely influenced by our own personal financial situations.  But I will say this : these bonus hunts are great and all, but the format and stakes are generic and dime a dozen out there today.  They are nothing new (indeed, a LOT of mainstreamers out there have already moved past 2/3 quid stakes) and whilst it’s more affordable over the longer term, it also heavily conflicts with the past format of a Bandit video.

I hear Steve is pushing hard to try and put some enthusiasm into these nightly hunts, but it’s a hollow sound.

Maybe it’s just my expectations or my experience with watching his videos in the past couple years, but these videos today just don’t have that excitement factor that made the Bandit the much favoured personality he’s always been known for.

So my ‘honest’ feedback is (and I already know his community will rip me a new one for actually being honest here) is that I find these videos extremely tame, boring, run of the mill, generic and dime a dozen online today.  There’s literally nothing about these videos in the current format that isn’t being done by dozens and dozens of streamers / content creators right now & you can hear it pretty plainly in his voice that it’s not exciting him in the slightest.

People tune into the Bandit for the highs and lows of degen madness he’s known for.

For those of you that are starving for Bandit content and willing to take ANYTHING on offer and be happy with it, good on you.  For the rest of us… these videos are as exciting to watch and watching paint dry and THAT is the ‘honest’ truth.

OK bud you think its all rainbows and butterflies. My opinion on the £40 a spin £100k reel king videos. Boring 60 mins of looking at a gamble ladder and watching Steve go in to desperation mode needing to claw back £80k knowing a top at best can get him 30-40k and after 60mins you either get a scream of delight as he just clawed it back or I might not be back for a while speech. Every video had slipped into a 10 min mix then the rest reel king. It was not fun anymore. But if that is really what you find entertaining a lad losing 100k in an hour then maybe go watch the fake streamer roshstien. He spends millions.

MaskWearer WANTED $42
    Blocked

I liked the first couple of bonus hunts but the last one wasn’t as good, I forwarded through most of it

What was with all the shit games? That was low volatility, low risk, low entertainment. This is not what we expect

The current bonus hunt stuff could be improved by picking more volatile games or even doing multiple bonuses of the same (good) game. I hate to mention FruitySlots as intelligent but their slot battles are fun because you get to see 3 bonuses on the same game, usually high volatility games too (Megaways and slots that are hard to bonus, not the trash slots from Bonus Hunt #6 lol)

You could also give us a little of the story like there have to be some decent base game hits, some games that take forever to bonus. People enjoy the struggle not because we want to see you lose but because struggling to get a bonus on a Megaways slot is a pain we all share

igc-rm WANTED $21
    Outlaw

TrickyCorn wrote:

Is it though?

1. Many people don’t post here but do read here. We have no idea what they think. You are right. Forums are moderated. This one sometimes and yes, there is a “family” here although some call it a clique. They sometimes protect each other, even if they are wrong. Pretty much all forums similar to this have that same issue. Some regulars on this forum, troll other forums too, like TGC. Some of them are brazen enough to use the same name and attitude, good or bad. Others aren’t. Like all corners of life, there are good and bad. There is some notion that “our” place isn’t and can’t be bad. Are the opinions skewed ? a little. Are some removed ? sometimes. Are some still there regardless of trajectory ? yes. Seedy doesn’t have time to police it properly. I mean “properly”.

2. Did you see a post on this very thread that quotes bandit and the financial situation ? While you are voicing your opinion, do remember to check out other peoples. Bandit alluded to financial boundaries. So we do indeed know that Bandit can’t keep doing 100k vids. Ahem, risk many 100k loss vids. etc.

Your opinion, is your opinion. You may have seen a handful of opinions that share your opinion. But the majority of opinions aren’t on here. An unknown portion of the people are knuckledragging bellends while others are intelligent and the rest are somewhere in between.

I’m somewhere in between. I enjoy his vids and my personal opinion of him is irrelevant. No one is worth ass kissing. But no one can speak for the masses unless they actually cover the broad spectrum, fully.

I mean… what’s important here is if you want to watch and have an issue, speak about it, hope for better, encourage change, can change be made ? maybe, maybe not.

FTAO Seedy. I couldn’t login, the reset password didn’t work so I created a new account. You better allow this post or it kinda proves this guys point haha.

burders WANTED $55
    Outlaw

I have not read all of the comments on this thread but got a flavour from page one. I’ve watched the first five or six 6 o’clock vids and here is my honest opinion.

This is Bandit not entirely in his natural habitat, making an appeal to the (relative) masses. It feels a bit cynical, I don’t think he can possibly keep this up although I’d be surprised if he was actually doing the hunting for these vids, I think someone else hunts and he does the important bit to camera.

It feels like a temporary ploy to put subs on the channel and sign ups through LV and the like.

I’m still a fan of course but it’s not what got you where you are with this channel – if Hypa went five days a week, £2 a spin I’d be shocked – not going to happen. Let’s have twice a week, one like this and one The Real Bandit laying it down!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)