FOBt restrictions opinions?

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

blacko1974 wrote:

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Yes they are mate. It’s going up to 21%

How u doin Andy Boy? Not seen you around for a while, was out drinking with the missus yesterday and the forum turned into WW3 FFS. I look at you as my forum bodyguard these days as I’m too wee to fight my own battles, a Jeremy Kyle, Steve the big hard fucker kinda scenario.

Hahaha just been busy with work mate. Missed the WW3 – you know I like to bring reason to.an argument hahaha. Should have the Scotland dates today or tomorrow!!

appleman91 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

I think the people who are enforcing this must be naive if they think these machines are the main problem. I don’t know the stats but I’d imagine more people play online than in bookies. They probably don’t know you can literally spunk £1000 every 30 seconds on chilli or some of the new megaways games

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

appleman91 wrote:

I think the people who are enforcing this must be naive if they think these machines are the main problem. I don’t know the stats but I’d imagine more people play online than in bookies. They probably don’t know you can literally spunk £1000 every 30 seconds on chilli or some of the new megaways games

U can just do gamban online if it gets out off control.  And if they play online at least there in there own house , they can smash there on equipment up

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

appleman91 wrote:

The issue with online mate is that with the verification and the fact it comes straight from your bank account leaves a trail for the Mrs (or Mr) to find out. A lot of the lads I know who have done their bollocks in on FOBT’s deal in cash only (e.g. brickies, plumbers, mechanics etc) so it is easy to hide it from their partner “not got much work on, contractor slow in paying” etc. I think that there is also the psychological side of “out of sight out of mind”. Its completley different being in the bookies playing on a FOBT than sitting at home on your laptop or phone spinning away.

You also have to take into account the demographics of people who dont gamble online or dont know how to use a computer properly.

Of course if your keeping it from your partner than you already have a problem to an extent.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

appleman91 wrote:

Agree with you mate, fortunately now Gamstop offers a universal exclusion for players who have issues with addiction, the bookies on the other hand only offer player exclusions which are rarely implemented.

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

One of the problems with these Fobt’s is that they attracted a lot of women to the slots and they very rarely play on roulette for big stakes and also stay away from those fortune spins….

I’m not saying women shouldn’t gamble but these thing will still cause damage to 99% of the female players they attract.

appleman91 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

Yeah fair comments. Although people can exclude themselves from bookies. I’m afraid limiting FOBt machines isn’t going to solve the issues.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Few months ago betfred wouldn’t take a bet of over £25. They had to ring up. It was only a 9/4 bet which I wanted £40 on it. I look round and there’s a bloke on a fobt £50 a spin. What the fuck does that say.

Simon L 1988 WANTED $1
    Outlaw

There only doing there job, I know someone who works in one. They have limits to go by. If someone bets over they have to ring up. if they don’t they get in trouble…

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Simon L 1988 wrote:

There only doing there job, I know someone who works in one. They have limits to go by. If someone bets over they have to ring up. if they don’t they get in trouble…

I know that. I didn’t say anything derogatory to the staff. I just said seemed a bit daft. He agreed with me as well.

bigmike WANTED $10
    Outlaw

no diffrence to me my mate carnt get to a bookies lol im all about online these days 10p a spin boy just 4 fun

Feeeeerg WANTED $2
    Outlaw

The shops will use iPads/tablets fixed to the wall, and make everyone set up an online account. Deposit how much they want to spend behind the counter, and they transfer it to your account. Probably one way they’ll get around it.

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

Feeeeerg wrote:

The shops will use iPads/tablets fixed to the wall, and make everyone set up an online account. Deposit how much they want to spend behind the counter, and they transfer it to your account. Probably one way they’ll get around it.

Maybe not even counters . Just a room with machines . And u get a membership card which u swipe at the door to get in .

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)