FOBt restrictions opinions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Just a quick poll as to how the forum members feel about the upcoming £2 cap in April. Will it make a difference to you personally?, how do blokes play them in your local bookies?, my personal observation is that most punters who I’ve seen play them usually play roulette and it’s normally at least £5-£20 a spin, can’t see these guys being interested no more, playing slots at 2 nicker a spin for a £500 jackers is madness considering the same stake could produce life changing money online. I’m curious to how you lads feel about it and would appreciate your feedback.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Not much to me mate I rarely play em nowadays and if I do its only bit of loose change. Good topic though.

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

You will see a raft of games that are made to get around these rules unfortunately. There will be roulette games that are £2 per spin and you will be able to lock in £20 for 10 spins on an autoplay or £100 for 50 spins etc and it will then show you a wheel where you “could” win £100 and then you will be able to take your “winnings” to a roulette wheel and hey presto, it’s just the same but technically £2 a go lol

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

The Bandit wrote:

You will see a raft of games that are made to get around these rules unfortunately. There will be roulette games that are £2 per spin and you will be able to lock in £20 for 10 spins on an autoplay or £100 for 50 spins etc and it will then show you a wheel where you “could” win £100 and then you will be able to take your “winnings” to a roulette wheel and hey presto, it’s just the same but technically £2 a go lol

It ain’t gonna interest guys like us though I don’t think, I always played them £10-20 a spin hoping for a quick couple of hundred within a few spins, I think they will concentrate on overloading the terminals with slots and even maybe concentrate on the bingo market, they are guaranteed to take a massive loss in income though.

k6kaysix WANTED $51
    Outlaw

Lower pay tables on the slots but ‘bigger’ bonus symbols that never land either way seems to be their favourite of making £2 stake as tight as possible!  Probably start to disable the pie gamble or whatever too to lower your chance of winning £500 even more.

To be honest there are far,far,far,far,far too many slot games on the FOBTs as it is!

n0kia09 WANTED $8
    Outlaw

im sure the bookies will find some way to exploit the restrictions.

some new games that can be played very quickly at £2 / spin

they will find some ways for people to do their bollocks in

im sure about that.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I remember a slot at services 1 win line 5 reel where what you won you could take to the roulette part of the game and have up to 100 quid a spin. 3 seven’s paid 100 quid so it could play really well. I only saw it in Cambridge and Peterborough services years ago. I imagine the bookies doing the same kind of thing.

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

The sooner they come in the better. These machines are magical. I keep my cool all the time when playing poker/blackjack and play what I feel is a near perfect strategy that has been very profitable for me over the last few years. But those fucking fobt’s have nearly killed me in the past. There’s just something about them and the amount of times I’ve gone in with 20quid and ended up a couple of k down is unreal.

I can’t wait for it to come in. It might seam selfish but they have done some serious damage to people so I can’t wait.

Steller WANTED $34
    Outlaw

The only games i play on more than £2 are the card games and even then i only play them for 5 or 10 mins, so it wont bother me at all when the new limit is imposed. Playing games with no features just bore me tbh.                                                                                                                        Little bit from last week playing Texas Hold Em on £5 stakes. Was couple of hundred up after just starting to play this game the day before just by winning £20 – 40  games. Anyway, tried it again and was £125 down without a single £10 win. Finally got on the winning part of the ladder and got all the way up to £125 with the next hand being for the £500 jackpot so i was happy i’d at least got my money back. Cards are drawn and with one card left to turn from the 5 ‘draw cards’   i’m  hot fav to win holding a pair of 8’s. Last card to turn and the only the way i could lose was for an Ace to turn over and guess what turned over…grrrrr!!!!!!

Kingpab WANTED $149
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

Or like in the arcades atm. It’s 2 quid a spin on roulette max, but you can spin 5 wheels in 1 go.

Steller WANTED $34
    Outlaw

n0kia09 wrote:

im sure about that.

But do they even need to find something new? You can still lose hundreds and hundreds in no time at all on the slots at £2 a spin.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Thanks for the feedback troops it makes interesting reading, general consensus suggests paranoia that the bookies will try any underhanded tricks to keep these fucking things as addictive as possible, I agree.. in fact I’m sure they are working on it as we speak, they should contact Big Time Gaming as they seem to be making a good job of influencing addiction. I think the UKGC is doing us Brits a service, the £2 limit and the Gamstop register helps those amongst us that need it (myself included), do we think that the UKGC should monitor how these machines are designed to be played after the £2 is introduced?, I doubt they will but the opinion of seasoned gamblers on this forum suggests that there is still grounds for concern.

Steller WANTED $34
    Outlaw

blacko1974 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback troops it makes interesting reading, general consensus suggests paranoia that the bookies will try any underhanded tricks to keep these fucking things as addictive as possible, I agree.. in fact I’m sure they are working on it as we speak, they should contact Big Time Gaming as they seem to be making a good job of influencing addiction. I think the UKGC is doing us Brits a service, the £2 limit and the Gamstop register helps those amongst us that need it (myself included), do we think that the UKGC should monitor how these machines are designed to be played after the £2 is introduced?, I doubt they will but the opinion of seasoned gamblers on this forum suggests that there is still grounds for concern.

Steller wrote:

n0kia09 wrote:

im sure about that.

But do they even need to find something new? You can still lose hundreds and hundreds in no time at all on the slots at £2 a spin.

Maybe raise the jackpots to a grand.

Hacko1 WANTED $181
    Outlaw

It will make me stop playing them straight away, there’s just no point, for the young people just getting into gambling they don’t know how lucky they are that this restriction is to be put in place.

i can honestly say if these machines had been around when I first started gambling I don’t know if I’d be around now, there’s nothing worse than watching kids playing on them now, there designed to make you addicted to the anticipation of where the ball will land not the actual result itself,

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

The only good thing about these things is at least the bookies have closing times .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)