Compulsive gamblers want to lose?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Cheers-for-that wrote:

The psychology of gambling is probably unique to the individual. I know in the past I’ve felt a sense of relief when I’ve busted. Only yesterday having a little flutter on slots I was up and down so much and at the bust point on numerous occasions that when it came I just got on with my day. I understand for others this may culminate in frustration that leads to redeposit after redeposit but I walked away happy as I had had my fill and a relatively fun time doing it. The value of money for me is irrelevant mostly, standfast the days you blow a massive wedge and feel like a c**t. I’ve celebrated a £10 on a 8/1 horse like I’d won the lottery yet barely registered emotion on a £150 3/1. It’s such a strange beast.

Indeed! I do find it interesting how I can press for a top on Reel King risking a huge sum of money and not bat an eye if it loses but when it comes to a game like vikings unleashed on a £20 feature buy how I’ll be so reluctant to keep pressing for more spins or multi.

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

It isn’t true in the slightest if you ask me, compulsive gamblers always want more is the problem they have, nothing is big enough, get to a grand you want 2 grand, get to 10 then you can get to 20, get to a million, well i could do 2 million and unfortunately, if you go that way, it will almost always end up at £0 won’t it.

Im not so sure. Personally ivd been in the state of mind (some call it tilt) where Ive gone out of my way to blow my balance as fast as I can so that I can redeposit and carry on blowing my balance.

For example, I have a 100 balance and start quickspinning £5 spins.. Lose the lot, redeposit another 100 and quickspin £10spins just to burn my money.

Its a sick place in my head but my trail of thought usually goes like.. “Well if ive just blown 100 that i cant afford, might aswell blow another 100” and Ive done this to the tune of a couple grand, mulitple times.

The entire time purposely doing stupid stakes to blow the lot.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Its a sick place in my head but my trail of thought usually goes like.. “Well if ive just blown 100 that i cant afford, might aswell blow another 100” and Ive done this to the tune of a couple grand, mulitple times.

I know that thinking well and it’s not helped by the fact every once in a while, you actually will get a miracle recovery off the last few quid. Loads of times over all the years I gambled I’d be hundreds down and somehow end up in a profit off my last tenner, sometimes less – the record being my last £2 on Casumo once leading to a £3k withdrawal a few hours later.

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

The worst is sizing.

Once spin size goes up, wins get bigger. After i hit the 20k on White rabbit in December, i won 3k the next week on Genie Jackpots, pulse didnt even move. Crazy.

I have limited myself im my own ways so I wont go mad, but the amount you earn as you move up really can make it risky when the stakes rise. Ive seen people on payday here lose 5k in 1 hour on 20quid novo spins. And then go back to life with nothing. Mental.

2112jsm WANTED $8
    Outlaw

My take on it is that while you are losing your balance you feel the pain of losing and that pain kind of stops in a way when you’ve lost it all. So in that way, I agree that compulsive gamblers want to lose so they can no longer gamble any more and no longer feel the pain of losing.

The emotions then change to regret, guilt etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)