Back In A Mo – The Slot Game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Been thinking about building a “treasure island” Bandit themed slot. Would you play?

5 or 10 line game, featuring 3 bonuses, triggered by 3, 4 or 5 scatters (a gold coin featuring Steve’s face):

Gandalf’s Picks: You open 3 out of 5 treasure chests which can contain coin amounts or multipliers.

Bandit’s Wonky Wilds: 7 free spins, on each one between 1 and 6 wilds are added at random positions on the reels.

Wake The Baby Free Spins: 15 free spins, 10/J/Q/K/A eliminated from the reels and all prizes x3.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Love it, particularly like Steve’s face appearing on the coins haha!

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

When is launch date, I’ll save up for a few spins on this ???

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

What a great idea. I would definitely play. ?

Kingpab WANTED $149
    Outlaw

What a great idea. Nice work

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Obviously you won’t be able to play with real cash, as I am not a licensed slot maker. But I can create something where you register with a username and get a number of credits to play with. Would be interesting to have a site-wide reel race on the game.

I’m mainly a backend programmer and full stack website developer but rich interactive content such as HTML5 games are not really my forté, so this may take me quite a while. I’m basically teaching myself as I go. Yesterday I created the UI mockup, today I exported these to individual game assets and have created a basic UI where you see the reels spinning and a corresponding sound effect is playing. If you press and hold down the down arrow on the keyboard, the reels stop on random positions. This is as far as I’ve got with the front-end. The back-end API will be much easier as I’m within my existing area of expertise there.

This will be a proper client-server game, which works basically the same way as any real slot. So spins results, audit trail of bets and wins, etc. will all be determined server-side and the results sent back to the client for display.

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

Argy you seem so intelligent! How you can create an entire slot mind boggles me! ? would be awesome if you made this!!!

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

What will the rigged or random rtp be ?

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Each spin will be 100% random and the RTP will probably be designed to around 96% (as this is a typical figure for most slots) though the probabilities to tune the reel sets and pay table on a multi-line game to achieve a desired figure are much harder to calculate than the trivial 3 reel, one win line example I previously explained. So I’ll have to see what I end up with.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Not bad, that 4% certainly creeps in somehow 😉

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

Haha looks good mate, i look a little bit tidier when my hair is cut… maybe you could silhouette this one instead lol

I must have been having a shit day though, still a moody fucker haha

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

Haha looks good mate, i look a little bit tidier when my hair is cut… maybe you could silhouette this one instead lol

I must have been having a shit day though, still a moody fucker haha

You look completely different with your hair cut!! ??

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Haha, 3 of those faces and you trigger Bandit’s Death Stare bonus 😀

Little update for you all; I now have defined reel sets for all 5 reels (though not the final ones, these are pretty much random right now which isn’t good for setting a theoretical RTP). I’ve updated the code so the reels are spinning with sound effect, now when you press and hold down arrow key, reel 1 stops with its first (top) symbol on a random position on its corresponding reel set. This wraps around, such that if the position randomly selected is e.g. the last one, the 2 symbols below will be the first and second from that reel set. I have added a “reel stopping” sound effect.

If I now do this for the other 4 reels, we’ll have a good animation of the reels spinning then each stopping at a random position one after the other.

Later, the selected starting reel position will come from the server API but for now I’m keeping front-end self contained for development purposes.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

This is probably gonna take me anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months, spare time permitting. I’ll keep you all updated with the progress until it’s ready to play.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Not bad for a day’s work, no? Obviously still in the very early stages.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)