Are bonus buys predetermined?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    MoonHook WANTED $30
    Outlaw

I honestly don’t think that some people understand the logic of randomness in online slots, so they come to their own conclusions of how they work.

ImperialDragon WANTED $68
    Outlaw

Reel King is probably the best slot example to explain.  There is a 10-digit number at the top left just above reel 1.  It’s quite small on a blue background.  It changes on every press and it’s a unique identifier for that particular spin that you’re playing.  Think of it is a ticket or job number.  The ticket tells you if it’s a win or a loss, the amount of the win (if it’s base game), how many times it’ll “ding”, and if it dings 5 times, how many scrolls you’ll get and the amount that each scroll goes for.  I’m not sure about the gamble ladder though.  It could well be that the same ticket will determine how far up the ladder you can go before you get killed off.

For the Vikings example mentioned already, say that you purchased 12 spins for 100x.  That in itself is a ticket.  The ticket contains information about how those 12 spins will go or if you gamble it, the same ticket will have information on how the 2 dials will respond.  Each successive gamble on either dial will generate a new ticket which will have information about a 13-spin round, another ticket for a 14-spin round and so on.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Just Basics wrote:

Online Randomness = Kinda Random, but not 100% random.

Exactly.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Oh it’s that time of the month already?

Here we go again ?

Mickeyvondickey WANTED $181
    Outlaw

Biohazard wrote:

Here we go again ?

Appreciate all the replys, but do you ever think back and think “I wish I hadn’t fucking asked!” ??

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Welcome to the rematch folks. In the blue corner we have the bio and argyll and in the red corner we have jb and mr b. Round 2 ? ding ding. ????

Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Welcome to the rematch folks. In the blue corner we have the bio and argyll and in the red corner we have jb and mr b. Round 2 ? ding ding. ????

@Seedy – wake up son, you’re reffing! ?

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Nope, not chomping on the bait this time. I’ll answer sincere questions and I’ll always be happy to put in a quick word that I’ve explained the mechanics of this in a dozen other threads but I’m not repeating myself any more. I only respond at all because I think it’s really important people who don’t know how slots work aren’t misled and subsequently end up thinking stuff like “oh it hasn’t payed out in ages, I’ll keep spinning because a bonus must be due and the game will eventually force one in to meet its RTP”…

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

^ Amen. Exactly the same here. I have no interest in this debate kicking off again!

Mickeyvondickey wrote:

Biohazard wrote:

Here we go again ?

Appreciate all the replys, but do you ever think back and think “I wish I hadn’t fucking asked!” ??

? well hopefully you’ve found the replies insightful and we were able to help!

Outlaw

Biohazard wrote:

^ Amen. Exactly the same here. I have no interest in this debate kicking off again!

Mickeyvondickey wrote:

Biohazard wrote:

Here we go again ?

? well hopefully you’ve found the replies insightful and we were able to help!

Absolutely, very helpful. ?

One more question if you don’t mind.

Being that slots are (potentially) as random as they can be, could the first spin of a Bonanza bonus cascade 20, 30 or 40 times creating a bonus that on the second spin would have a huge multiplier already? Surely such freak spins must occur with multiple billions of spins over such a wide player base unless it’s simply not programmed that way?

Anybody ever seen freak spins like this?

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

It’s a good question!

So on Bonanza, I believe each spin is random, but not each cascade. So, on a particular spin in the bonus, it may have already decided it is going to cascade three times (adding 3x to the multiplier) and pay £14.80 on a £1 bet.

I don’t know how these BTG slots are programmed though, as it is somewhat rare to even have random spins in bonus rounds. They could go the extra mile and make every cascade random too – I don’t know. If this is the case, the maths is significantly more complicated, as a cascade (and subsequent cascades) are normally much less likely to grant a further win merely down to the reduced symbols available (e.g. five red gyms on a single reel).

Following up on this maths side of things, if they were to make the cascades random also (and maybe they already do), I’d imagine crazy cascades of 20+ would be incredibly unlikely, just down to the criteria required on the reels, consecutively, to cause that to happen. I’ve certainly seen 8+ cascades happen in a single spin – not sure on what the record is though!

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

I am speculating, but there’s a good chance Bonanza simply gets random reel positions on which to stop, which will subsequently determine the cascade you get. I know from examining the DHV frontend code that what it gets back from the server are reel positions and I expect Bonanza is the same, simply because this is a very common way of designing a game to have a particular theoretical RTP. The reel design however will also impose a theoretical limit on how many cascades can happen in one spin. I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than about 7 drops and I actually have had that happen in a bonus, where the first spin got to x8. It was a shit bonus, if you’re wondering; it burned about 8 of the 11 remaining spins with no win and paid a total of about 40x

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

While I’m simply not well or in the mood for being mocked or taken for a cunt, by any of you. I really do have to point out AGAIN that this is beyond fucking stupid.

Just Basics wrote:
    Online Randomness = Kinda Random, but not 100% random.

Mickeyvondickey wrote:
    Being that slots are (potentially) as random as they can be

Biohazard wrote:
    So on Bonanza, I believe each spin is random, but not each cascade.

All three of you have clearly stated the same thing ie not 100% random. Let’s not be utter wankers about this any further. No one is saying that ZERO random is involved. FYI if you think I am calling YOU a wanker, that is based on your own judgment. I am not however, calling everyone on this thread or anyone in particular a wanker. Or a cunt. So you can work out for yourself if you deserve the title. One things for sure, I haven’t just randomly called people wankers.

Profit is more in control than random, regardless of how any randomness is implemented. I don’t care if it’s done by 15 equations based around the random nature of whale noise frequency multiplied by the number of letters used on the root opening page of backinamo.com, divided by the number of users with the letter F in their name or some twat sits in a room blindly stabbing at a number board with a pencil for the whole of the gambling industry.

Not 100% random. That’s all we are saying. There’s no need to be utterly cuntish about it.

BTW – how fucking dumb do you have to be to not realise the bait is set as the thread title. – That’s not a question.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

???

Here he goes again…

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Biohazard wrote:

???

Here he goes again…

I’m not well Bio. You find it all funny. You, are a complete cunt.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Are bonus buys predetermined?’ is closed to new replies.