What’s the best strategy?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

A couple of years ago I saw a bandit in a bingo hall £500 jackpot that had an rtp of 72% but a best strategy of 92% rtp. It made me wonder what the best strategy was. Has it had a gamble feature I wondered was it to gamble all wins, collect all wins or even part gamble wins. Who knows.It had no holds or nudges so wins could not be missed. So it got me thinking is reel king a best strategy game to reach its a full rtp. We know wild swarms rtp is mainly in the hive. Most novamatics are in the bonus as the base game in book or ra, captain bob, garden of bitches and the rest of novamatics are usually terrible but the bonuses are quite good well usually anyway. Reel king on the otherhand has no bonus well it has scrolls but how often do they pay 100x few and far between id say. So is the rtp in the gamble ladder. Are there hundreds of people each week playing reel king achieving only 70 to 80% rtp at best because let’s face it most people don’t gamble their wins and even if they did most don’t have either the bankroll bravery or balls to gamble for the top not realising the only way to achieve the games rtp and extra is to gamble those wins. I have to say I can’t see it changing what the bandit does on reel king. I said he’d be a millionaire by the end of the year ( if hes not already )and I meant it. So anyway thoughts on this would be appreciated and sorry if someone has already touched on this but does anyone agree or think this is a best strategy game and the only way to achieve its rtp is to gamble them wins ?

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Right, so it depends on the game. When it indicates best strategy is when there is a genuine decision to be made at some point by the player. An example of this is on Deal or no Deal Go All The Way (the hint is in the name) to achieve the maximum RTP, you should continue throughout the bonus and gamble everything to get the top feature. That is the best strategy there.

Another example is Legend of the Pharaohs, where it offers you a choice of free spins upon a retrigger, and certain options will have a better theoretical RTP than others.

In the case of Reel King, the gamble is a true 50/50 gamble, meaning that the RTP is exactly 100% and therefore has no impact on the overall base game theoretical RTP of 94%. This is because you can only trigger the gamble via a win generated from the 94%. Hope this makes sense.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Biohazard wrote:

Right, so it depends on the game. When it indicates best strategy is when there is a genuine decision to be made at some point by the player. An example of this is on Deal or no Deal Go All The Way (the hint is in the name) to achieve the maximum RTP, you should continue throughout the bonus and gamble everything to get the top feature. That is the best strategy there.

Another example is Legend of the Pharaohs, where it offers you a choice of free spins upon a retrigger, and certain options will have a better theoretical RTP than others.

In the case of Reel King, the gamble is a true 50/50 gamble, meaning that the RTP is exactly 100% and therefore has no impact on the overall base game theoretical RTP of 94%. This is because you can only trigger the gamble via a win generated from the 94%. Hope this makes sense.

So theoretically speaking then on average you would lose first gamble 50% of the time. second 25% third gamble 12.5% and on average to would hit a six tier ladder 1 in every 64 times which is something like 1.56 % chance which sounds quite unrealistic in a way but if you sit playing and have up to 100 wins it’s actually more likely to happen than not. On average of course

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Yep that’s exactly right. With quantity, chances are you will hit the top eventually. Of course it’s even chance on a 94% RTP base, so you’ll always lose in the long run! That is, if you don’t Martingale it like Steve does, then you have a chance perhaps haha.

Captain Venture gamble ladder is similar, however the last gamble (to 1000x) is weighted accordingly. E.g. if you were on £600 on a £1 bet, and the top was therefore £1000, you’d win 60% of the time. I think that’s right anyway, you get the gist.

The Bandit WANTED $5,354
    El Bandito

When i take a win out of the base game, say 2 scrolls on max stake goes for £1,240 – i take it to the gamble and it loses first press. Do you think i have added that £1,240 to the gamble “pot”? With it stating it pays out at 100%, is that just now waiting for me to fill it up before it spits it out? Is everyone filling it but only very few going all the way to take the spoils? The game fucks my head up i got to say lol

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

When i take a win out of the base game, say 2 scrolls on max stake goes for £1,240 – i take it to the gamble and it loses first press. Do you think i have added that £1,240 to the gamble “pot”? With it stating it pays out at 100%, is that just now waiting for me to fill it up before it spits it out? Is everyone filling it but only very few going all the way to take the spoils? The game fucks my head up i got to say lol

Haha a common misconception for sure! But nope, online slots (unless specifically stated) aren’t compensated like pub slots, they’re completely random.

So, for example, a 78% RTP pub slot is literally programmed to retain 22% over a lengthy period of time. It will adjust it’s wins and “fill” the pot (aka the hopper) accordingly to maintain this percentage.

Whereas, a 94% RTP online slot (Reel King is a prime example here), that RTP is theoretical, and is purely mathmatical based on the law of averages over a significant number of spins. It won’t adjust, or fill a pot, if it’s up or down, it just relies on hitting the desired RTP through maths. And long-term, it will reach it in almost every scenario. The 100% (true chance) gamble is exactly the same, it could be averaging 110% over a period of a few weeks, but in the long run it should always average out at 100%. It’s like if you were to flip a coin (fairly) a billion times. The number of heads and the number of tails would be astonishingly close, despite the expected high variance outcome due to the high quantity of spins.

So yeah, you could be rinsing Reel King on the gamble, like you have been doing, but no other players will be worse off for it.

It’s quite late, so I hope I’ve explained that well and not just rambled on like I usually do ?

The Bandit WANTED $5,354
    El Bandito

I know what you mean about fruit machines as that’s my game haha, the bit you mention about the hopper isn’t right though, the hopper is just the part of the machine that literally holds the coins, it can actually be completely empty yet the machines brain is still in payout mode, it’s % control is completely unconnected to how much physical cash it has inside – some pubs “low float” their machines and in those cases, the machine will issue an IOU on it’s LCD lol they love that 😀

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

I know what you mean about fruit machines as that’s my game haha, the bit you mention about the hopper isn’t right though, the hopper is just the part of the machine that literally holds the coins, it can actually be completely empty yet the machines brain is still in payout mode, it’s % control is completely unconnected to how much physical cash it has inside – some pubs “low float” their machines and in those cases, the machine will issue an IOU on it’s LCD lol they love that ?

Did not know that! I’ve learnt something tonight, always thought the two were connected. I remember this fruity at this pub I used to go to always said hopper full, and it never used to pay! Right cheeky move that.

I know you’re a fruit machine expert, I just like to articulate every detail in my posts for any other potential readers 😀

The Bandit WANTED $5,354
    El Bandito

Biohazard wrote:

The Bandit wrote:

I know what you mean about fruit machines as that’s my game haha, the bit you mention about the hopper isn’t right though, the hopper is just the part of the machine that literally holds the coins, it can actually be completely empty yet the machines brain is still in payout mode, it’s % control is completely unconnected to how much physical cash it has inside – some pubs “low float” their machines and in those cases, the machine will issue an IOU on it’s LCD lol they love that ?

Did not know that! I’ve learnt something tonight, always thought the two were connected. I remember this fruity at this pub I used to go to always said hopper full, and it never used to pay! Right cheeky move that.

I know you’re a fruit machine expert, I just like to articulate every detail in my posts for any other potential readers ?

It is quite a common misconception amongst landlords, they’ll say “ah the guy has just been and emptied it” meaning the collector and implying that it won’t pay, always love their face when it is rattling out the coins 10 minutes later lol Of course, they never appreciate how much goes in and don’t bat an eyelid until they’re all coming out again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)