Understand GN bet help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larnaaaaa WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Hi all!

First time posting here and I’m looking for help for a bet I want to put on for the grand national. I want to put a tricast bet on:

1. Vintage clouds (currently 12/1)

2. Jury duty (approx 14/1)

3. Rock the kasbah (approx 16/1)

I understand the general idea of how a tricast works but I just don’t get the odds?

How do I work out the return of my bet? The best info I could understand online was that the odds aren’t known until after the race but how? I’m so confused. I just want to figure out how much to put on!

any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

larna x

Geezawin WANTED $270
    Outlaw

Larnaaaaa wrote:

Hi all!

First time posting here and I’m looking for help for a bet I want to put on for the grand national. I want to put a tricast bet on:

1. Vintage clouds (currently 12/1)

2. Jury duty (approx 14/1)

3. Rock the kasbah (approx 16/1)

I understand the general idea of how a tricast works but I just don’t get the odds?

How do I work out the return of my bet? The best info I could understand online was that the odds aren’t known until after the race but how? I’m so confused. I just want to figure out how much to put on!

any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

larna x

Hi mate ur better putting on a reverse tri-cast 6x ure stake ie

6x£1 =£6  that way it doesnt matter which order they finish in !!

Also i would reccomend  a 6x ur stake reverse forecast any 2 of ur 3 picks will give u a decent return at those prices .

U cant predict ure returns on these bets as they r computer generated

Not sure but i think all the money goes into a pot and gets divied up .

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Multiple the odds together to give you a rough idea of what the potential return would be. So a 12/1 14/1 and 16/1 would be roughly 2688/1. Geezawin is correct though i would strongly advise covering all combinations.

RollWithItRuss WANTED $21
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Multiple the odds together to give you a rough idea of what the potential return would be. So a 12/1 14/1 and 16/1 would be roughly 2688/1. Geezawin is correct though i would strongly advise covering all combinations.

Its for that reason the tricast calculation does not work like that, otherwise it would be open to abuse.

In smaller races with “less competitive” fields outsiders filling the frame would create potentially massive payouts.

Clearly not many people had the 2nd horse in the trifecta bets looking a the payoffs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)