The last 24 hours

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

So last night i decide to play an online poker tournament for the first time in a while on my mates account on party poker. I was down a little over the last week so entered an $11 event 5k prize money. 474 entrants and came 15th winning $55. Not bad and then tonight quick nip to town for few quid on ladys lucky charm. 5 spins bonus lands and re triggers. £180 up which puts me about evens for the week. I find the poker less risk than the slots but i just can’t play these tournaments though. I don’t have the time. This one was 4 hours finishing at 2am. I do enjoy them though especially when you get into the tournament with a good stack.

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

I played the Sunday million last night… I was out quickly haha. My set of kings lost to a king high straight.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Rbreen91 wrote:

I played the Sunday million last night… I was out quickly haha. My set of kings lost to a king high straight.

I went out against 9 3 all in pre flop. I had the small stack but still who the hell calls with 9 3.

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

That’s fucking spew material. The person who put me out had 9/10s, I’d go all in with 9/10s any day and fancy my chances haha. I’ve cracked aces and kings loads of times with that hand so I don’t mind when it happens to me.

negreanu was having a hellmuth style meltdown on his blog when someone put him out – he had AQ and they went all with A9. He was fuzzing ?

whoswho WANTED $114
    Outlaw

I used to be backed for MTT pre Black Friday (April 2011) would play 35-40 tournaments a day 6days a week, try going 2months without closing one out and being 30k in makeup then blinking 50$ rebuy for 35k and only getting 2k of it. Can really do your head in if your not patient.

awesomex WANTED $136
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

So last night i decide to play an online poker tournament for the first time in a while on my mates account on party poker. I was down a little over the last week so entered an $11 event 5k prize money. 474 entrants and came 15th winning $55. Not bad and then tonight quick nip to town for few quid on ladys lucky charm. 5 spins bonus lands and re triggers. £180 up which puts me about evens for the week. I find the poker less risk than the slots but i just can’t play these tournaments though. I don’t have the time. This one was 4 hours finishing at 2am. I do enjoy them though especially when you get into the tournament with a good stack.

4 hour poker tournament for £44 profit, £11 per hour profit. I mean, atleast it’s profit lol. But that’s the problem with poker for me. They shouldn’t spread the prize pool that much. Just give prizes to top 10-20 players, not top 20% like they usually do, then you actually might win something that’s worth sitting for over 4 hours playing one tournament.

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Rbreen91 wrote:

I went out against 9 3 all in pre flop. I had the small stack but still who the hell calls with 9 3.

Depends how small your stack is if you shoved into me with 5 BB or less then I’d be calling with any 2 if it was my blind. (especially suited and if I had a stack) 9/3s against AKos for example has a 37% chance to win pre flop so I’m going win just over 1/3 times and knock someone out (even better in a bounty format) while risking a small part of my stack.

Great result though I feel like the competition on Party is a lot softer than stars as I tend to make a lot of deep runs on there too.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Agree completely with awesomex. Prize money to 64th place which is way too high. I’d much rather have probably top 30 out of nearly 500 entrants. ?

Green i had 550k playing against 3.5 mil. I was bb which were 50k and 100k. SM calls so naturally with an ace i shove all in. Anyway I’m not surprised you’d call. You call anything anyway lol. ??

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Agree completely with awesomex. Prize money to 64th place which is way too high. I’d much rather have probably top 30 out of nearly 500 entrants. ?

Green i had 550k playing against 3.5 mil. I was bb which were 50k and 100k. SM calls so naturally with an ace i shove all in. Anyway I’m not surprised you’d call. You call anything anyway lol. ??

Exactly Haz! It’s only 7/2os if they call ????

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)