Stupid bank holidays

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

So I’ve managed to have my daughters room rewired, plastered, decorated, and boiler cover done in the space of a few weeks. Now onto the bloody carpet and the only day I have off work and other duties to get it sorted before next week, and all the smaller shops are closed. Why do we have these bank holiday days off if I can’t spend it shopping and spending? I refuse to go to the bigger shops knowing they will charge me 3x as much for something than a family run shop. I’m not having it, I’m going to sit here and sulk until I have to go to work ??

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I’m more than happy to swap with you ?. You go to work and I’ll sit here and chill.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I have to go into work now the shops are closed :/ I was putting it off until tomorrow. On the bright side, I can go to land bingo tomorrow ??

I’ll be thinking of you while you’re out in the fresh air and I’m cleaning a stinky nursery hahaha

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Errr ?? wouldn’t fancy that.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

That’s it, give me the sympathy I need ?

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Winningbird wrote:

So I’ve managed to have my daughters room rewired, plastered, decorated, and boiler cover done in the space of a few weeks. Now onto the bloody carpet and the only day I have off work and other duties to get it sorted before next week, and all the smaller shops are closed. Why do we have these bank holiday days off if I can’t spend it shopping and spending? I refuse to go to the bigger shops knowing they will charge me 3x as much for something than a family run shop. I’m not having it, I’m going to sit here and sulk until I have to go to work ??

Amen Sister. ?

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Init I’ve got to wait till tomorrow for some money to go into my account because of the bastard bank holiday, and it’s a beautiful day to have to no money on lol

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Eightblack wrote:

Init I’ve got to wait till tomorrow for some money to go into my account because of the bastard bank holiday, and it’s a beautiful day to have to no money on lol

Same mate. Just gonna go see my Dad and watch Netflix all day. Bankholidays are rigged.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Think we should sign a petition that all shops have to be open on bank holidays, including banks. They’re rich enough to own a shop, they’re rich enough to pay wages for an extra day. :p:)

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

At least you don’t need the sparky today… I charge £70 an hour on a bank holiday ??

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

In that case I’d be getting my brother here rbreen ? I’m in wrong industry, i need to become a sparky Haha!

FreeStyle WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Bank holidays are for office folk. When your in a trade, it’s a good excuse for extra rate and home early. Haha

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

That’s fine, you lot in the office can do what floats your boat but I want the shops open ?? got to go to stupid United carpets and beds and pay a million for a fudging carpet that’s probably going to be ruined a day after its put down ??

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Haha. Don’t blame you. If people expect me to be sober on days off, they must pay accordingly. ??

i dont like working at the best of times

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Rbreen91 wrote:

Haha. Don’t blame you. If people expect me to be sober on days off, they must pay accordingly. ??

i dont like working at the best of times

At 70/hour you would have to drag me away lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)