Setback

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bankieboy87 WANTED $13
    Outlaw

It’s 4.58am and I’m wide awake, and have been all night. I’m a gambling addict who’s done well for weeks and weeks, except today and tonight, and I’m absolutely scunnered about it.

See that’s the problem with gambling as an addiction. Unlike any other addiction, you can avoid placing a bet, or spinning a slot for months and months, work hard to get back into a better financial situation and all it takes is one relapse, on one day or night and bang, you’re right back in the shit again, or even more so than you already were. Horrible.

I’m so totally scunnered with this now, totally fed up. Just want to be over this and don’t know how to do it.

I dont know why i’m putting this on here, maybe as I feel like I can’t talk to anyone else about it. Don’t know what to do anymore…

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

It’s perfectly fine to put this on here. I feel for you having done the same many times it’s sickening. I know too well that feeling. It is exactly how you said horrible. If you want it to be over you’ve got to sign up to gamstop mate. There are a few of us on here signed up me included. So when you get that urge whether it’s a few days weeks or even months you can’t deposit. You sound like i was. a bit of a binge gambler. I could go weeks then have a crazy session. Make it the last time. Use the help that’s out there like gamstop and if you feel like your going to do something come on here and we will talk you out of it. Good luck.

Bankieboy87 WANTED $13
    Outlaw

Thanks very much for your reply mate it’s extremely appreciated. I have signed up with GAMBAN but somehow managed to find a site that allows me to sign up and deposit (obviously won’t mention them).

need to get back on the wagon now that’s all there is for it. Thanks again

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

If you’re on Gamstop (rather than Gamban) then the site you deposited on are a disgrace and know exactly what they are doing. Please try and self exclude from them rather than keep giving them your money.

Lots of regular members on the site are checking in quite regularly (even if they don’t post at the time) so if you need to talk things through there will be someone not far away 🙂

Bankieboy87 WANTED $13
    Outlaw

Thanks very much for that ??

Winwin WANTED $2
    Blocked

Hi Bankieboy87,

This is the first time I have ever posted a message on any forum and it’s because your post reminds me of how I was,

I’m a 39 year old that has gambled since a kid and I can relate to what you say, I’ve spent many sleepless nights gambling chasing my losses and even when you do hit you just give it back again it is a lonely life because you feel you can’t talk to anyone.

The best thing I did was join Gamstop six months ago it has completely stopped me gambling online, I still bet on footie in the bookies and feel alot more in control now.

If you haven’t already please join Gamstop it will change your life,

All the best.

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

I hear you and have been there before. Go here https://www.gamstop.co.uk/ sign up for 5 years and while your immediate financial issues won’t vanish your future ones won’t occur.

Once you are signed up tell your family you’ve done it, show them you have and ask for temporary help to get through the month if that will help.

All the best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)