My equivalent to a cash out

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mattywest11 WANTED $30
    Outlaw

When I used to have the option to gamble I was compulsive, wages out as soon as they came in and rarely ever managed to complete a withdrawal, if I did it would end up going back in a few days later. Therefore I was always used to having no money but sick of working so hard with nothing to show for it.

Ever since being with gamstop my appreciation for money has improved drastically and I feel proud to see my savings go up and up.

I was on gamstop for a long time prior but came off for a week in March before going back on, well last night marked 100 days without a gamble so I decided to treat myself as a reward and ended up paying £1030 for new titleist 718 ap3 irons. I’ve never spent this much money on myself on anything as I’m only 22 and was a student up until last year.

At first I was so reluctant to spend that much money but then realised I had ‘won’ that much countless times when I used to gamble and ended up losing it all with nothing to show for it.

When I processed the payment I had the same sense of excitement that I used to get on the rare occasions when I did manage to get a withdrawal. Now I’m like a kid at Christmas waiting for Thursday to come around so they can arrive ?

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Well done that’s some achievement and a great set of irons ?. Could do with an upgrade myself. Had the same set of pings for years. They’d be a nightmare to sell been left handed. I vividly remember your posts round Cheltenham week and the invaluable information you gave us about the complications of re signing up to gamstop.

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

You spent how much??? On whatt???? Haha just kidding

Much better getting something for your money right? I still find it demoralizing spending money seeing my balance go down lol. Sometimes you need to treat youself though ?

Geezawin WANTED $270
    Outlaw

Well done bud . I will be a full month away from the slots myself on the 22nd . Lol looks like another few perfect rounds could be the order of the day using they bad boys .?

mattywest11 WANTED $30
    Outlaw

Geezawin wrote:

Well done bud . I will be a full month away from the slots myself on the 22nd . Lol looks like another few perfect rounds could be the order of the day using they bad boys .?

Well done mate the first month is the hardest anyway! I’m actually in the dilemma of whether or not to see my old set purely because I don’t want to let go of my PW after the 3 aces. Wouldn’t get much for them anyway due to their age (mizuno mp 32s) or as it’s only the PW with sentimental value I may sell 3-9iron for pennies and keep the wedge, although it would probably only end up rusting away!!

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I’d Google what this irons thing is that you’ve bought, but for that much money I darent ?.

Nice way to treat your self though, what ever it is so enjoy 🙂

Chdl1990 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

That’s awesome mate, great to hear. Hopefully the new clubs work out for you. I’m saving for a new driver but the price of them these days is insane. I wouldn’t mind but I can’t even hit the thing straight with a driver most the fucking time ?

do you have a handicap?

mattywest11 WANTED $30
    Outlaw

Chdl1990 wrote:

That’s awesome mate, great to hear. Hopefully the new clubs work out for you. I’m saving for a new driver but the price of them these days is insane. I wouldn’t mind but I can’t even hit the thing straight with a driver most the fucking time ?

do you have a handicap?

I normally go second hand with clubs as new they’re just crazy prices but with the irons I wanted to get custom fit to perfect irons for me that will last the next 5-10 years or so which made me bite the bullet and splash out! My out irons were released in 2005 so it was definitely time for an upgrade ?

I do, I play off 9 and fighting to keep in single figures as long as I can which is hard when golf is only a secondary sport after football for me! Hopefully a change away from blades to some newer technology will help though!

Chdl1990 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

They are stupid expensive, it’s hard to buy new especially when it’s difficult to find 4/5 hours every week for a round, let alone range time.

Mine are all fairly old, around that sort of time, saving for some new stuff but trying to have few lessons aswell as I don’t have official handicap at min, usually go round between 18-20 over so hopefully some new clubs and few lessons will help.

Playing with blades is very tough, I used a set a while back, not forgiving at all, hopefully your misses reduce with new forgiving clubs

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Thanks for this post mate! I recently signed up to gamstop after doing my bollocks in again and at first I was in a state of depression for a few days even though I couldn’t afford to gamble for the rest of the month it was still eating away at me that I wouldn’t be able to do the thing I love anymore but after a few days and letting it sink it I’m feeling much more positive now my thoughts have changed now to how much I can save each month and I’m going to sit down and work out a budget for the first time in a long time. Not only that as bizarre as it sounds I’m in a much better mood and have a lot more time for people when I look back I still love a gamble but what it did to me as a person – personality wise is turn me into a bit of a cunt, its shocking how much gambling can change you as a person.  It truly feels like the shackles have been lifted although I know its not going to be easy. Hopefully I can post something similar to this a few months down the line.

Enjoy your new set of clubs mate!

If anyone else has self excluded and wants to share how it’s improved there lives then I’d love to hear it. Reading stuff like this really does help. 🙂 ?

mattywest11 WANTED $30
    Outlaw

Green2711 wrote:

Thanks for this post mate! I recently signed up to gamstop after doing my bollocks in again and at first I was in a state of depression for a few days even though I couldn’t afford to gamble for the rest of the month it was still eating away at me that I wouldn’t be able to do the thing I love anymore but after a few days and letting it sink it I’m feeling much more positive now my thoughts have changed now to how much I can save each month and I’m going to sit down and work out a budget for the first time in a long time. Not only that as bizarre as it sounds I’m in a much better mood and have a lot more time for people when I look back I still love a gamble but what it did to me as a person – personality wise is turn me into a bit of a cunt, its shocking how much gambling can change you as a person.  It truly feels like the shackles have been lifted although I know its not going to be easy. Hopefully I can post something similar to this a few months down the line.

Enjoy your new set of clubs mate!

If anyone else has self excluded and wants to share how it’s improved there lives then I’d love to hear it. Reading stuff like this really does help. ? ?

Sorry about the loss I remember reading about it on here, always reading just never bother with constantly signing in to have much input!

its great to see your positive mindset to it, I was the same with my mood swings but at the time I couldn’t see it as my head was stuck in a cloud and everything revolved around gambling, you’re also right in saying the first month or so is always the hardest as you’re always wanting it more when you know you can’t do it.

i find the forum and the videos are a great distraction as I still read/watch something that used to have a massive influence in my day to day life and that helps me with not missing doing it myself.

stick with it and you’ll feel a massive sense of pride when you manage to treat yourself with the money you’ve saved and have something to physically show for your hard earned money!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)