my dental saga going private

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

just got in from work and looks like i need to cancel appointment with dentist and book a new date when i have money and found this but it dont say how much i need to pay if i cancel why cant it be clear

any one know what i will be charged

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

If you do it today that will be longer than 24h notice so shouldn’t be a charge ?

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

No charge, you’re all good – only charging for short notice cancellations I.e less than 24 hours

Chdl1990 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

Have you spoke to them and asked about payment options? Surely they offer something, they would go out of business without some form of customer payment business model in place. Not everyone has the money for dental work sat waiting should they need it, so they must offer something.

Try talking through your options with them before cancelling, businesses can be very flexible when it’s a case of payment plan or lose custom

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

called them got new appointment for 5th of june still need to find the £470 but if i need to cancel again as long as its a min of 24 hour i will not get charged.i did ask about can i pay the final payment in instalments but was told i would need to have started the treatment with dental plan.any way i pay £1,250 so far got £120 so far towards final payment only £470 to go.i will get there in the end but just want it finished and get on with life …shit happens

jetman WANTED $8
    Outlaw

Having the same problem,been with NHS for years and they just bodged everything so went private and they quoted me £5000 plus,I said just take them all out and i’ll have dentures but they refused to do it as they say im too young at 49 to have them.lol

Jazzee WANTED $14
    Outlaw

I now live in Canada & hate the dental bills. Spend thousands each year even with dental coverage. My daughter had damaged teeth when she was a toddler from acid reflux, cost $4200 & cover only paid $2000. Kids there are free, that’s how it should be here. When I first moved here I had no cover at all & needed 2 fillings & 1 root canal. It was cheaper to pay for a flight back there for 2 weeks, see my family, go to NHS dentist, pay the fee and spend a couple hundred on whatever then return.

Anyway, could you not have gone to the emergency dental hospital (NHS)?. Colleges also do cheap dental, they are in training but for ripping teeth out it is a good option.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Don’t mean to sound like I’m having a dig at all because that’s not my intention – but why book another appointment for just a week away if it’s going to take you a couple of months to save up ? I know you’re saying “in case something happens before then” but what are you hoping might happen ?

My only advice would be if you keep cancelling and booking for a week later, knowing that without something unexpected you won’t be able to make it, they might get frustrated with you and refuse another appointment for 12 months which is something they mention in their cancellation policy you posted (I appreciate that refers to missed appointments or short notice cancellation) but if you did this a few times they might treat you the same way as it’s equally frustrating for them as a business to manage.

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

jetman wrote:

Having the same problem,been with NHS for years and they just bodged everything so went private and they quoted me £5000 plus,I said just take them all out and i’ll have dentures but they refused to do it as they say im too young at 49 to have them.lol

To young to have dentures . A dentist will refuse to take teeth out that don’t need to be taken out .

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

i took that date as it was what was offered thinking i can cancel again if i dont get money,but if i said i want to get appointment for oct time then i have money before then would kick myself.just want it over with dentures are a big thing to get to grips with still got 9 teeth to come out as i said i aint being left with no teeth and when dentures go in will be a bit of pain till gums heal but it was what i wanted so i can live with  that.plus need to go back for adjustments to be made as also told the gums will shrink

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Think i said before about having several trips to the dentist myself in the last few months so i know how costly it is mate. I hope you get it sorted as you seem a decent family guy and a bit of a grafter. I think a video slots prize draw win would sort you out lol ?. Btw don’t take this the wrong way but you said you’d stopped gambling but you got a weekend booster ?. Us gamblers do tell the odd fib ha ha. I’m surprised no one said that yesterday. Anyway good luck.

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

yes mate the weekend booster was weeks ago i just thought see if i have enough xp to do some battles for fun and noticed i had £1.70 odd from ages ago and turned it into £120.i am good when it comes to control i only ever did £20 max bets 20p and that was when i gave up smoking.the £120 cashed out and now put it towards my dental bill.i have just finished work walk 4 miles home every day have a coffee look on here till kids wake up for school then get a kip when there at school,plus side is all ways have fresh bread in the mornings i aint got bad life great kids great wife no debt and a job

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Yeah i know what you mean mate we have more in life than we realise sometimes but we all need a break or just a slice of luck every now and then. I’ll be certainly rooting for you in the draw. It would be karma as i don’t know many who deserve a break at the minute for than you do.

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

to win a draw would be nice mate would get me sorted with dentist ,but i know i will get there in the end just be good sooner it plays on my mind what are they going to feel like speech is a big part told that talking with them aint easy at first and eating just all new

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I had a fractured tooth for months plus a mild case of bell’s palsy so literally couldn’t eat on one side of my mouth for months. Was awful. I hadn’t been to dentist in 20 years and now i think 7 times in 9 months. I’m back again August but cba anymore but will go. I know it feels like a never ending saga and ridiculously costly. You will get there in the end it might just be in the end though.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)