my dental saga going private

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

well i had to get teeth sorted as pain was worst thing ever as you might have seen in my thread about it ,i could not get nhs so found a private dentist and was told £1,250 i ended up selling pc etc to scrap money to get sorted had all back teeth out and veeners taken off front teeth and told let back of mouth to heal and front taken out when dentures go in as i did not want no teeth left.i have just gone to work and not gone out any where as i look like a mess .lucky i work nights as baker as dont see many people.so i thought not long to wait my front teeth out on 30th may and dentures in was told will be bit painfull as front gums will need to heal and need to go back to check if dentures still fit ok .any way getting exited that its getting close to being sorted then get told final bill is £570 to pay how the fuck can that be i thought it was £1,250 all in dentists have you by the balls well pissed off as my mouth looks like a bag of chips now and i just cant offered the extra money i can tell you am close to tears .worked 15 years for tesco and ask could i get a £500 loan on my wages and got told no.so only thing i can do is call dentist tommorow and cancel the 30th and just get a date when i have money as told if i dont turn up i get charged was going to put pic of how my teeth look now but am shamed by them.i aint begging before i get back lash just so down and upset get it of my chest .if i had one wish in life it would be inplants but thats big money

springbrucesteen WANTED $77
    Outlaw

Ffs what the fuck is going on with dentists

Didn’t think this shit was happening

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Sorry to hear that dude, hope you get sorted must be horrible being left in that state.

I had something similar happen recently trying to sort an engagement ring for my parter. Save my arse off, haven’t been out or gambled for 6 months and got £2k together to get it all ordered and paid for – told it would be 6 weeks to make/size it etc so planned a weekend away to coincide with this to propose to the Mrs. This Friday got an email to basically say ring is now ready but balance of £500 to be paid for it to be released – no on is up front and honest nowadays are they!

Like you I can’t afford this extra in time to have the ring for the proposal weekend; and can’t cancel the proposal weekend as lose the cost of hotel which is non refundable.

Hope you get sorted, just wanted to share mine too so you know you’re not the only one who gets screwed by this sort of thing as that’s how it feel sometimes isn’t it!

burders WANTED $55
    Outlaw

Had a similar thing two months ago. Needed treatment at the Dentist – came to £357 and the pennies. Didn’t have it as on a reduced salary just now as the company I work for are experiencing cash flow problems. Spoke to the Dentist prior to treatment and explained and they said pay us monthly which I have done. Have a word, it takes. But if gumption but they might assist you as business is business.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Is there anyway you can sign up to Westfield or a company like that through your work? At least that way you’d be able to claim some of the money back. Do you have a union at work?

Really sorry you’re feeling like this. Some dentists are nasty with their charges. Did you ask if theirs a pay monthly thing you could do? I don’t know if dentists do this, but you can ask?

Hope you get sorted soon x

Mickeyvondickey WANTED $181
    Outlaw

Have you tried a Provident loan? Not ideal by any means, but it beats being in agony. 500 borrowed would mean paying back 8-900 quid but you can pay it back in your own time.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Mickeyvondickey wrote:

Have you tried a Provident loan? Not ideal by any means, but it beats being in agony. 500 borrowed would mean paying back 8-900 quid but you can pay it back in your own time.

Cheers, Thats the route I think I’ll have to go down, just horrible paying charges like that !

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

borrow 500 if i only pay back 600 i never had credit and like to pay my own way in life.just have to save bit out of wages eacn mth till i get it

Outlaw

benq99 wrote:

borrow 500 if i only pay back 600 i never had credit and like to pay my own way in life.just have to save bit out of wages eacn mth till i get it

No worries. Just noticed you said you tried to get a loan from work. My credit was fucked and I managed to get a Provident loan. Paying back 300 quid interest over a year seems a better option than being in agony and looking fucked for months. Hope you sort it one way or another though.

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

no mate not in pain thats sorted just need it to get finished.spent last hour phoning dentist to make a new date with them then thought i know why cant get through its bank holiday lol. way i look now dont even go out as not good to look at. just i kick in nuts when i get £570 final bill to pay thought the £1.250 was it all in so got me under a barrel now.the teeth he left in as i ask not to have all out in one go are so crap looking i was happy for the 30th now i will have to wait a lot longer and save 100 out of wages each mth i have 2 kids and wife and all ways come first in my books.i dont gamble any more as the £20 i did each mth is going towards teeth and i only did the £20 when i gave up smoking.i have never had loan or hp credit cards etc  pay my way it is the way my parents told me if you cant afford it then dont have it

Outlaw

Ahh I see pal. Your parents were very wise in giving you that advice. I’ve just dug myself out of debt and it’s a long hard road. Good luck with getting those gnashers sorted fella! ?

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

i will get there will save £100 each pay day so looks like be oct/nov  time it is what it is just taken 2 days of in may to get them done .just want it to end on plus side i have great wife and kids no debt great to never have unpaid bills a job and never with out a loaf of bread in the job i do 15 years and only had 11 days of sick not bad for an old git.i am lucky to have all that and would not change that for the world.and something might happen before the 30th never say never but if it dont then just wait longer

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

I have never used private, but when i went nhs they gave me a list of what needed done and break down of final price. Is it not the same for private? Cause if they set out a price then added more on half way through surely they cant do that call the lawyers on here on that 1 for advice

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

I’m a lawyer and happy to look at it for you if you have a copy of paperwork etc – at very least you would have signed some form of waiver/agreement before they carried out any work to protect against any Liability they may incur

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

its the price i was given just thought payment was £1.250 final payment of £570 is for the work that has been done and this is the total when completed ,i was in so much pain could not get nhs i ended up walking in to private dentist and asking to see them,very ..a great dentist nice chap he looked at me within the hour xray exam etc gave me a price of around that range in within a week pain gone can not fault him work he did is great takes time to talk you through what is going on.just  dont have the £570 at the moment wish i did but i will need to wait to get it finished i was just so down was looking foward to putting this behind me.its not the price i had to pay its just the thought of waiting till oct/nov when i can save the money , great dentist and i know what i have to pay under 2k for all that i had done is small price to pay as worst pain in world are your teeth.plus i was told if you dont call them to cancel and make new date you get a charge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)