Looking for married men!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Trust me on this one all the focus at a wedding is on the bride. The dress, the way she looks, everything mate. The groom just ends up a bit in the shadows cos everyone is more interested in the bride. Even at the church they won’t be watching you they’ll be watching the bride. Someone back me up on this.

Andymitzy WANTED $64
    Spectator

I am not married but I have been best man and I think that’s more pressure on the big day lol ? so I feel sorry on ur best man not u ? gl mate

The Bandit WANTED $5,353
    El Bandito

Quazzi wrote:

Alas, sorry to disappoint my fellow forum members, this isnt a looking for love ad.

I’m getting married this year and its save to say I’m absolutely bricking it. I’m 30 at the moment and still feel like Im 18 and too young but hey ho gotta settle sometime.

My problem is I am so antisocial and hate getherings as such.

Any advice for the day? Bricking my speech, havent a clue what im going to say.

Any insights into married life and what to expect?

Im brushing off all my thoughts and worries but its just around the corner and before you know it ill be in the worlds smallest handcuffs haha.

Also Ive vowed to cut my gambling down somewhat so we can continue saving for the big day!

Fucking shitting it hahah

When in the year are you doing it mate? Is it a UK wedding?

Married life is much the same as unmarried life to be totally honest, you just have an extra piece of paper lol

I was shitting it for my speech too but as soon as people start laughing, it’s all good and with me, it wasn’t long lol I’d had a few pints beforehand shhhh don’t tell er indoors 😀

The Bandit WANTED $5,353
    El Bandito

Haz40 wrote:

Trust me on this one all the focus at a wedding is on the bride. The dress, the way she looks, everything mate. The groom just ends up a bit in the shadows cos everyone is more interested in the bride. Even at the church they won’t be watching you they’ll be watching the bride. Someone back me up on this.

I had a big fuck off cast on my broken hand so most people were like ooOOOoooh what ya done lmao Katie was over the moon obviously 😀

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

Quazzi wrote:

Alas, sorry to disappoint my fellow forum members, this isnt a looking for love ad.

I’m getting married this year and its save to say I’m absolutely bricking it. I’m 30 at the moment and still feel like Im 18 and too young but hey ho gotta settle sometime.

My problem is I am so antisocial and hate getherings as such.

Any advice for the day? Bricking my speech, havent a clue what im going to say.

Any insights into married life and what to expect?

Im brushing off all my thoughts and worries but its just around the corner and before you know it ill be in the worlds smallest handcuffs haha.

Also Ive vowed to cut my gambling down somewhat so we can continue saving for the big day!

Fucking shitting it hahah

When in the year are you doing it mate? Is it a UK wedding?

Married life is much the same as unmarried life to be totally honest, you just have an extra piece of paper lol

I was shitting it for my speech too but as soon as people start laughing, it’s all good and with me, it wasn’t long lol I’d had a few pints beforehand shhhh don’t tell er indoors ?

Its in October, i keep thinking Ive got ages but its guna fly by and be here before I know it, im just not willing to accept that yet haha.

Yea mate, UK wedding, the church shabang, the blessings the lot 🙁 lol

StuartK91 WANTED $27
    Outlaw

When you see her standing across from you, any worries will dissappear. Being married has been no different for me, she’s a star, i do my best to try shine along side her, soppy post but best of luck to yourself and your future wife.

Dutch courage for the speech and always tell her you’ll be back an hour after you plan to so she thinks you’re early.

Deuchars WANTED $5
    Outlaw

I’m getting married in June mate, I was fine until New Year’s Day when it suddenly dawned on me that it’s this year.

At least youve got a bride bride to take the pressure/attention away from you. Saying that, night just give speech duties to him instead ?

EnglishGuy WANTED $99
    Outlaw

Been married for 28 or so years. as posted above, the wedding is for the missus.. not for you.  Secret to a long happily married life.. is to just agree with everything they say, then do what you were planning on in the first place anyway.. 😛

Funny story for you.. We are in the Church with 200 people.. The rev says ‘Do you Stephen Wilders take Susan Wilders to be your……” etc.

From the front row, they are whispering ”its bishop, you got the name wrong,,,”.

He obviously heard, and informed them i had changed my name to hers…. You can hear 200 people on the video do a collective shock sound of ”oooohhhhhhh”.. 🙂

Very funny.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Just an idea mate. Last year went to missus niece’s wedding and at the reception one person at each table was nominated chef to cut the meat. The staff came round these big fuck off white hats, massive aprons, made us all stand up, video camera in your face and loads of uncomfortable photos of whoever was picked . Well guess who got nominated at our table. Me of course. Didn’t like it one bit but after a minute just went with the flow and took it all in good heart. When talking to the groom later he said he picked one person at each table who he thought would feel the most uncomfortable. It took all the focus off the newlyweds and he said it made the reception and everything with it much easier knowing he had tried to embarrass about 30 people.?

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

LOL ok well @thebandit can tell you that I was absolutely shitfaced at mine he may have had a bit of blame in this xD there’s a few pics of me on baggage trucks being wheeled to the wedding suite lol also being dragged by my best man lolololol I don’t like public speaking but just do the simple things and get it done thank the family thank the bridesmaids and best men page boys etc and then tell everyone get pissed and enjoy themselves o and don’t forget to say your new wife looks beautiful lol death sentence if you forget that 🙂 all the best mate.

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

8 days to go Folks!

I’ve overcome the fact that I’m going to my own funeral but I’m just gunna go through the process anyways.

Still haven’t written my speech! Haven’t the first clue of what to say haha!

Hope you guys/gals haven’t forgot about me..

Peace & Carrots!

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

Quazzi wrote:

8 days to go Folks!

I’ve overcome the fact that I’m going to my own funeral but I’m just gunna go through the process anyways.

Still haven’t written my speech! Haven’t the first clue of what to say haha!

Hope you guys/gals haven’t forgot about me..

Peace & Carrots!

Good luck 😀 I’m sure it’ll all go well matey!

PsychicSnail WANTED $111
    Outlaw

The speech is a big issue if you hate public speaking. Even though you know everyone wishes the best for you, you can still dry up and look a total tool. I fully understand.

Don’t do what I did the first time and go in unprepared, thinking I would wing it on the day. That’s a disaster. There is nothing wrong with preparing a speech beforehand and reading it off a bit of paper. So long as you can read you’ll be fine 🙂

As for the speech itself there’s a load of stuff you can put down. First and foremost say that you feel the luckiest man on earth and you intend to devote the rest of you life to making you new wife as happy as you can. Thank everyone. Say how chuffed you are at having the great parents you have, great brothers / sisters and great friends, and how you are looking forward to being closer to your new in-laws. People love all that sort of stuff at a wedding and it’s even better if you can mean it.

You don’t need to be funny in your speech, that’s usually the best man’s job. It also doesn’t have to be very long. Mine (second time around) was a heartfelt page of A4, which went down very well. That’s enough. Keep it short and meaningful.

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

PsychicSnail wrote:

The speech is a big issue if you hate public speaking. Even though you know everyone wishes the best for you, you can still dry up and look a total tool. I fully understand.

Don’t do what I did the first time and go in unprepared, thinking I would wing it on the day. That’s a disaster. There is nothing wrong with preparing a speech beforehand and reading it off a bit of paper. So long as you can read you’ll be fine ?

As for the speech itself there’s a load of stuff you can put down. First and foremost say that you feel the luckiest man on earth and you intend to devote the rest of you life to making you new wife as happy as you can. Thank everyone. Say how chuffed you are at having the great parents you have, great brothers / sisters and great friends, and how you are looking forward to being closer to your new in-laws. People love all that sort of stuff at a wedding and it’s even better if you can mean it.

You don’t need to be funny in your speech, that’s usually the best man’s job. It also doesn’t have to be very long. Mine (second time around) was a heartfelt page of A4, which went down very well. That’s enough. Keep it short and meaningful.

This is massively helpful! Thanks alot dude!

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Good luck with the wedding. If you be clever, you wont have to say much in the speech. Just say how much you love your partner, her family bleh bleh.

I for one am glad I’ll never get married. All the attention, speeches, people in the same room… plus a big fat fancy dress.. no thanks ??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)