Looking for married men!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

Alas, sorry to disappoint my fellow forum members, this isnt a looking for love ad.

I’m getting married this year and its save to say I’m absolutely bricking it. I’m 30 at the moment and still feel like Im 18 and too young but hey ho gotta settle sometime.

My problem is I am so antisocial and hate getherings as such.

Any advice for the day? Bricking my speech, havent a clue what im going to say.

Any insights into married life and what to expect?

Im brushing off all my thoughts and worries but its just around the corner and before you know it ill be in the worlds smallest handcuffs haha.

Also Ive vowed to cut my gambling down somewhat so we can continue saving for the big day!

Fucking shitting it hahah

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

You will be fine mate. Its a long day and after it is all over you will be knackered and most of it will seam a massive blur lol

If your not great at speeches, open with that! Tell everyone your really nervous about the day, but thanks for all attending and looking forward to starting new life with Mrs etc. Once you start it will be easy enough for you to get through; everyone expects you to be a little nervous anyway mate. Just enjoy the day and make sure you dont gamble the wedding fund (like i did lol)

Blocked

Oh an make sure that when your leaving the reception, your meant to announce that the bride and groom are leaving. I wasnt told this and when I go to the point of “fuck this ive had enough”, I went straight to bed in the honeymoon sweet. Woke up about an hour later to a pissed off wife stood in her wedding dress saying “I cant believe youve fucked off without telling anyone, get dressed and back downstairs so we can announce it properly”

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Run for the hills while you still have the chance lad, you wont have the time to think about gambling as you will constantly be decorating your house every couple of week’s.

Blocked

blacko1974 wrote:

Run for the hills while you still have the chance lad, you wont have the time to think about gambling as you will constantly be decorating your house every couple of week’s.

I was actually going to put something along the lines of “don’t do it, its all downhill and the nagging starts the second the paperwork is signed” hahahaha

You will soon find out how many different variations of “white” there are when it comes to decorating

Chdl1990 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

Alright mate,

congrats on the wedding! I’m only a year or so younger than you and got married last year. Was nervous before hand but on the day it felt right so that and a cheeky wiskey with breakfast settled the nerves.

I wouldn’t worry about your speech too much, as the groom it’s pretty easy, just thank the people you need thanking, say something nice about the bridesmaids, make a joke about the groomsman and then end with something soppy about your new wife, keep it light hearted and simple. I had a groomsman who insisted on a speech and he’d clearly spent a lot of time writing it, using big words, clever jokes etc it bombed nobody understood half of it or caught onto the jokes, was painful to watch.

I know how you feel with costs, I remember the day we got the invites, £88 for some bits of paper then £30 odd for the stamps to post them, I wanted to cry!! Over £100 just to invite people to the fucking thing ?

as for any other advice it’s hard to say, take it as it goes and enjoy it. Really was one of the best days of my life!

Obviosuly everyone’s different and that was just my experience but hope it helps in some way!

good luck pal

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Great advice so far guys! In work atm and have many more questions but will wait til I get home.

I have 4 brothers a best man father of the bride and two ushers so Im dreading the trip to the suit shop on monday!

Luckily Im marrying a girl who parents are quite well off so big expenses like the venue and dress etc are all sorted but fuck me this aint cheap haha.

The misses made me pay £140 for save the date thingies!

DAC007 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

Have you ever heard of MGTOW? Ha ha.

I’m really against men throwing their lives away getting married where most men are just being used as providers.

Whilst I love my son with every fibre of my being, getting married was the worst decision I’ve ever made, all those jokes you hear about nagging and the sex drying up…..well, they are true.

Good luck.

Blocked

Quazzi wrote:

Great advice so far guys! In work atm and have many more questions but will wait til I get home.

I have 4 brothers a best man father of the bride and two ushers so Im dreading the trip to the suit shop on monday!

Luckily Im marrying a girl who parents are quite well off so big expenses like the venue and dress etc are all sorted but fuck me this aint cheap haha.

The misses made me pay £140 for save the date thingies!

Your lucky mate; I had 120 people at my wedding. 8 where my family the other 112 soul sucking doleite scumbags where from her side. The sit down meal cost me near on 7k, total for the day was near 15 and we divorced a year later as she was banging someone else whilst I was away working

Don’t let that put you off though mate I am sure your day will be much better than mine. If your Mrs is well off, you should invite everyone on the forum. Nothing better than having a few thousand gamblers turn up at your big day. We could get a little poker tournament going in the church hahaha

On a serious note though I am sure there are enough people on here to help you out with any queries mate. Just remember as the time draws nearer the pressure builds, but its only one day and it will go quick!

Mickeyvondickey WANTED $181
    Outlaw

I’m abit like you I think mate.i dread public speaking so It’s the speeches I was shitting myself about and all eyes being on me. I thought I would be a mumbling, stuttering wreck!

It flew by though and with your 4 brothers and best man you have loads of support to fall back on.

Just wing it pal and all the formalities will be over in the blink of an eye and you can look forward to a good old knees up afterwards. Congrats matey ???

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I’m with you Quazzi I would dread it. 16 years with our lass and I’m not married. Few drinks mate and bit of dutch courage you’ll be fine. If I were you I’d be more worried about your stag do ? na only kidding pal.

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

Thanks again for the replies guys, great advice for the speech, ill have to refer back to this thread when it comes to writing it.

Sidenote: this thread got reported for inappropriate content haha

Also Im definately planning on sinking a few before the speech (just enough for dutch courage dw) and totally plan on getting bladdered afterwards to erase as much of it as I can lol

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

DAC007 wrote:

Have you ever heard of MGTOW? Ha ha.

I’m really against men throwing their lives away getting married where most men are just being used as providers.

Whilst I love my son with every fibre of my being, getting married was the worst decision I’ve ever made, all those jokes you hear about nagging and the sex drying up…..well, they are true.

Good luck.

What is MGTOW?

Hacko1 WANTED $181
    Outlaw

Do what I did mate and be late, my missus had to do another lap in the car because I wasn’t there, then just stroll in as if nothings up tell your lies and in know time your job list will be stuck on the fridge door ( my wife dates the jobs on the list now lol)

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

I was best man at my dads wedding. Started doing my speech which i thought at the time was funny.

Then the tumble weeds started rolling accross the floor with a deathly silence!

Get a few whiskys down ya first mate 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)