Just need to talk..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

Hi everyone,

I am new here but as everyone is  I’m a huge fan of The Bandit and have watched for a long time!

I’m currently on a 4 year gambling free run but find myself in a position to need to raise funds for very personal reasons regarding my disabled daughter.

So as I’m sure others can understand the urge to ‘try to win the money I need’ is high but before I make that stupid mistake I thought I’d Just write this to air out my thoughts!

Only in the hope of basically talking my way past the current urge!!

Eeeeek! Sounds ridiculous I know but after being in a dark place before I know talking about things can help!

Hope this is ok!

Also id like to thank (andywilliams) for reaching out to me on this!

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Thanks for your honest post young lady, I have seen you post before and I understand that times are tough for you at the moment. The urge to gamble is one of those demons that always arise when your feeling at your lowest.. you will always remember the big wins you had that made you feel great but the “want” to gamble will always push the dark periods to the back of your mind. There are many tools out there that can take the temptation away completely, its up to you how you want to play it darling.

I understand that you may need adaptations for your family that are badly required, Andy Williams is a great guy who is highly respected on this forum. Maybe the Bandit, Seedy and Andy can work something out in future that can maybe alleviate some of your worries. Its not for me to call the shots as I am a mere member but the folks on this forum are the “salt of the earth” who look after each other.

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Hi Thisgirl…. We’ve all been there & I have a similar problem of needing £1250 for something… If I don’t manage to save the money, then it’s not going to happen, if I gamble to try and get it I’m fucked… Even if I win it, as you know no room is big enough to fill with cash for a gambler…

Just think of your daughter.

And remember there some satisfaction in saving the money, it will give me a target. Hope you get there too. ?❤️❤️❤️

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

blacko1974 wrote:

Thanks for your honest post young lady, I have seen you post before and I understand that times are tough for you at the moment. The urge to gamble is one of those demons that always arise when your feeling at your lowest.. you will always remember the big wins you had that made you feel great but the “want” to gamble will always push the dark periods to the back of your mind. There are many tools out there that can take the temptation away completely, its up to you how you want to play it darling.

I understand that you may need adaptations for your family that are badly required, Andy Williams is a great guy who is highly respected on this forum. Maybe the Bandit, Seedy and Andy can work something out in future that can maybe alleviate some of your worries. Its not for me to call the shots as I am a mere member but the folks on this forum are the “salt of the earth” who look after each other.

Many thanks for your reply!

Yes it’s a very tough situation to be in and I couldn’t agree more regarding Andy, and as we all know the losing is the bitter end that we face, just wanting that last hit, until we realise there is nothing left!

I couldn’t do it to myself or my family but it doesn’t stop the feeling you know?

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

Stevie25 wrote:

Hi Thisgirl…. We’ve all been there & I have a similar problem of needing £1250 for something… If I don’t manage to save the money, then it’s not going to happen, if I gamble to try and get it I’m fucked… Even if I win it, as you know no room is big enough to fill with cash for a gambler…

Just think of your daughter.

And remember there some satisfaction in saving the money, it will give me a target. Hope you get there too. ?❤❤❤

Thank you for your words of encouragement, I too hope you manage to achieve your goal! ☺️☺️

MichaelLFC96 WANTED $114
    Outlaw

Obviously my situation is very different but as a student, I find/found myself needing to somehow maintain a positive cash flow without a job. Trying to maintain a paltry student loan and having to give up my job so I could manage the workload meant I was looking at slots as a way to make money rather than what I used to do as a form of light entertainment.

Obviously this wasn’t ever going to happen but when you’re desperate the thoughts of ‘what if’ far outweigh the sensible ‘not a chance’.

Just please always remember that the odds of you even quartering your deposit are highly unlikely, nevermind being able to use it as a money making method.

Thankfully I kicked it all on the head when I started looking at things sensibly, like a £10 deposit could feed me for almost a week, then adding up could fill my tank for a month etc. It was ridiculous but I never racked up any debt from it thank fuck ??

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

MichaelLFC96 wrote:

Obviously my situation is very different but as a student, I find/found myself needing to somehow maintain a positive cash flow without a job. Trying to maintain a paltry student loan and having to give up my job so I could manage the workload meant I was looking at slots as a way to make money rather than what I used to do as a form of light entertainment.

Obviously this wasn’t ever going to happen but when you’re desperate the thoughts of ‘what if’ far outweigh the sensible ‘not a chance’.

Just please always remember that the odds of you even quartering your deposit are highly unlikely, nevermind being able to use it as a money making method.

Thankfully I kicked it all on the head when I started looking at things sensibly, like a £10 deposit could feed me for almost a week, then adding up could fill my tank for a month etc. It was ridiculous but I never racked up any debt from it thank fuck ??

Yeah I know what you are saying and couldn’t agree more!

Thank you for taking the time to reply 🙂

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

Hi thisgirl,

I have a few more meetings early next week’s with a few charities who might be able to help out.

Make sure you keep awaý from the slots, 4 years is an amazing achievement and really not worth breaking it. We have all seen the big wind, but there are massive losses as well (bandit 60k etc.).

Don’t worry, something will get sorted

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Hi thisgirl,

I have a few more meetings early next week’s with a few charities who might be able to help out.

Make sure you keep awaý from the slots, 4 years is an amazing achievement and really not worth breaking it. We have all seen the big wind, but there are massive losses as well (bandit 60k etc.).

Told ya Best Liverpudlian I have met ( the Beatles and Gerrard excluded!), Top marks our kid.

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Hi thisgirl,

Thank you again Andy ?

Blocked

I can get one of these sent to you next week if you want it (or one similar to this)

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

I can get one of these sent to you next week if you want it (or one similar to this)

Oh my goodness that would be amazing ??

She will love it!

Blocked

Can get these as well, come in a box.of 6 and light up when thrown etc

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Can get these as well, come in a box.of 6 and light up when thrown etc

Also absolutely amazing! She will have a field day with those! ?

Blocked

Sent you an email, if you send me your address will get them sent. Will put V’s name on the package so she can open it when it gets there.

Gift from me and Mrs W

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)