Jobs lost due to gambling

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Spekz2018 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

Hi all , just before you all start I’m not after any hangouts at all just wanna tell my story and hope that I can get it off my chest as don’t really want to talk to any friends about it . Although reading some of your posts and messages feel like I know some of you.

So right here we go happened the end of November I lost my job in a shop for doing cash deals with customers very very stupid I know but was blowing all my wages before 3am on the day I got paid money always in my account at 10pm the night before payday what a touch or I used to think . So getting this extra money enabled Me to carry on with my life without anyone knowing .

A lot of you will probably think I’m a lowlife stealing from a company you work for but I just couldn’t get out of the rut. Has anyone any advice on what to do ‘re it Bern reported to police bit haven’t heard anything? What’s the procedure?

It’s took me this long to post as wasn’t in a good place but family have supported me especially grandad been a superstar.

Look forward to hearing from you .

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Depends on your wages imo, if you were on low/min wages then fuck them, yeah yeah come at me haters but if you are being underpaid then the employer is stealing from you.

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

First of all don’t worry mate, we have all done stupid things at some point.

How rrasonable is your employer? If you can ask him to drop the charges and tell them you will pay them back. If they prosecute its not the end of the world but yoy want to keep anythings of a future dbs check as a lot of companies carry one out these days so if you can stop it that would be a result!!!

Oh and don’t do it again hahaha

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

it depends on how much you’ve stolen and your criminal history really dude, im not a thief but i know a few and 3 people who have been caught stealing from their employer

the first dude built up a stupid amount of credit card debt as a maths student then when he got a job as an accountant defrauded them of 12k 4k he was caught for and 8k he later admitted he recieved 2yrs in prison suspended for 12months and had to pay back 4k

the second dude was a drug addict who stole around 2k from a corner shop he worked at, he got a slap on the wrist and had to pay back half, due to addiction and character references i think

the third matey worked for an arcade and fiddled the machines to only notice 10% of the money going in, he got 200hours community service and had to pay back a grand because there was no way of telling the exact amount and he was a problem gambler which they did take into account

hope that helps mate, also with all the police cuts it can take months, i crashed a car pissed last jan (stupid as fuck i know) and wasnt arrested formally till may….

Blocked

Don’t forget the police have 6 months to lay a case before the CPS to consider prosecution so you might not hear anything until may/June time

needydog WANTED $17
    Outlaw

Spekz2018 wrote:

<p>Hi all , just before you all start I’m not after any hangouts at all just wanna tell my story and hope that I can get it off my chest as don’t really want to talk to any friends about it . Although reading some of your posts and messages feel like I know some of you.</p><p>So right here we go happened the end of November I lost my job in a shop for doing cash deals with customers very very stupid I know but was blowing all my wages before 3am on the day I got paid money always in my account at 10pm the night before payday what a touch or I used to think . So getting this extra money enabled Me to carry on with my life without anyone knowing .</p><p>A lot of you will probably think I’m a lowlife stealing from a company you work for but I just couldn’t get out of the rut. Has anyone any advice on what to do ‘re it Bern reported to police bit haven’t heard anything? What’s the procedure?</p><p>It’s took me this long to post as wasn’t in a good place but family have supported me especially grandad been a superstar.</p><p>Look forward to hearing from you .</p>

Police ain’t interested in petty crime at the moment – not enough staff to do the paperwork. Don’t think you have “gotten away with it” but if nothing does happen, then hopefully it teaches you a lesson moving forward.

We all make mistakes gambling/other related but it doesn’t make you a lowlife criminal. The real crime is the government not interjecting and regulating gambling.

I used to work for Coral and even though they will never publicly admit this but without problem gamblers or people laundering money through the shops. They wouldnt be sustainable. It changes your brain chemistry when you get involved and takes a strong person to change that. You can say “I’ll never gamble again” get paid 3 weeks later and instantly the first thing you want to do is gamble. I myself used to spend alot but I found a good distraction and realised paying/buying for all bills and food upfront is the best way to go. Now I spend roughly 10-15 a week on football and get just as much fun as the serious punters.

Find yourself a hobby, a pet or a friend who has no interest in gambling and learn something else. Also, going to the gym is so good for your brain. Helps you think more clearly.

Always people willing to help and guide you on the right path bud

Needydog woof woof

Redcorvette WANTED $19
    Spectator

Stevie25 wrote:

Depends on your wages imo, if you were on low/min wages then fuck them, yeah yeah come at me haters but if you are being underpaid then the employer is stealing from you.

In response to the initial poster I would suggest that if they had reported it to the police then you would have heard something by now.

In response to this post I have never heard anything so childish in my life.

Firstly an individual is aware of the salary when they take on the job, not getting as much as they want, or not being able to live due to gambling issues does not justify defrauding the company.

Secondly the company may be on a shoestring and employ other individuals.  By defrauding the company and reducing there profits this can be putting more than one job at risk.

To the original poster – not judging you, I don’t know the factors in your life which led to this, I am just highlighting the moral component, but I would reiterate that if any actions had taken place I am sure the police would have requested an interview by now.  As long as there was no theft involved and merely trading personal services I suspect you will be Ok

Spekz2018 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

First of all don’t worry mate, we have all done stupid things at some point.

How rrasonable is your employer? If you can ask him to drop the charges and tell them you will pay them back. If they prosecute its not the end of the world but yoy want to keep anythings of a future dbs check as a lot of companies carry one out these days so if you can stop it that would be a result!!!

Oh and don’t do it again hahaha

No employer is not willing to to drop it as they are wanting to make an example as to warn off other members or staff according to there letters I have received they have classed it as fraud as I was falsifying figures to cover up the missing stock.  The CRB check is going to be a massive issue if I do get formally charged for it .

I except this was a really silly thing to do and all I can do now is get help and move on forward .

Spekz2018 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

needydog wrote:

Spekz2018 wrote:

<p>Hi all , just before you all start I’m not after any hangouts at all just wanna tell my story and hope that I can get it off my chest as don’t really want to talk to any friends about it . Although reading some of your posts and messages feel like I know some of you.</p><p>So right here we go happened the end of November I lost my job in a shop for doing cash deals with customers very very stupid I know but was blowing all my wages before 3am on the day I got paid money always in my account at 10pm the night before payday what a touch or I used to think . So getting this extra money enabled Me to carry on with my life without anyone knowing .</p><p>A lot of you will probably think I’m a lowlife stealing from a company you work for but I just couldn’t get out of the rut. Has anyone any advice on what to do ‘re it Bern reported to police bit haven’t heard anything? What’s the procedure?</p><p>It’s took me this long to post as wasn’t in a good place but family have supported me especially grandad been a superstar.</p><p>Look forward to hearing from you .</p>

Police ain’t interested in petty crime at the moment – not enough staff to do the paperwork. Don’t think you have “gotten away with it” but if nothing does happen, then hopefully it teaches you a lesson moving forward.

We all make mistakes gambling/other related but it doesn’t make you a lowlife criminal. The real crime is the government not interjecting and regulating gambling.

I used to work for Coral and even though they will never publicly admit this but without problem gamblers or people laundering money through the shops. They wouldnt be sustainable. It changes your brain chemistry when you get involved and takes a strong person to change that. You can say “I’ll never gamble again” get paid 3 weeks later and instantly the first thing you want to do is gamble. I myself used to spend alot but I found a good distraction and realised paying/buying for all bills and food upfront is the best way to go. Now I spend roughly 10-15 a week on football and get just as much fun as the serious punters.

Find yourself a hobby, a pet or a friend who has no interest in gambling and learn something else. Also, going to the gym is so good for your brain. Helps you think more clearly.

Always people willing to help and guide you on the right path bud

Needydog woof woof

Thanks for the reply , I have made the right first steps already and closed down accounts online and barred from local bookies . I am looking not a new hobble atm gyms not really for me I’m a big guy and get out of breath running a bath lol .

However have started going on long walks as it help clears your head. I have a friend who works in Willie hills says the same himself even if someone smashes machine they don’t call police just get it repaired said state of affairs really.

Thanks for the reply

Blocked

You would be best going to a solicitor as most offer a free 1 hour consultation. You will have to see what they charge you with mate before you can start looking at ways to mitigate. Anything you either plead guilty to or get found guilty of would show on a dbs check so if there is anyway of fighting it I would do so as it is a charge tat most employers hate to see on a check.

A lot will depend on what career you are looking at going into as well. If you were going for the army, you would probably be ok. If you were joining the police for example then you would have o wait for it to be taken off your dbs. I believe it stays on for 5 years but will check.

Blocked

Forgot to add as well – keep emails etc confimring you have closed online accoubts. You can present these if you have to go to court as proof of changing your ways

Spekz2018 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

Redcorvette wrote:

Stevie25 wrote:

In response to the initial poster I would suggest that if they had reported it to the police then you would have heard something by now.

In response to this post I have never heard anything so childish in my life.

Firstly an individual is aware of the salary when they take on the job, not getting as much as they want, or not being able to live due to gambling issues does not justify defrauding the company.

Secondly the company may be on a shoestring and employ other individuals.  By defrauding the company and reducing there profits this can be putting more than one job at risk.

To the original poster – not judging you, I don’t know the factors in your life which led to this, I am just highlighting the moral component, but I would reiterate that if any actions had taken place I am sure the police would have requested an interview by now.  As long as there was no theft involved and merely trading personal services I suspect you will be Ok

Yeah that was not the problem with the wages not being enough it because you do your balls in on the gambling and once you done it once the circle is hard to leave .

I don’t believe it will effect anyone else’s job as they are a billion pound company . Not justifying what I’ve done but just explaining bit of the background .

Thanks for the reply

Spekz2018 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Forgot to add as well – keep emails etc confimring you have closed online accoubts. You can present these if you have to go to court as proof of changing your ways

Oh okay that’s cool I will do definetly been a kick in the bollox really and made me wake up and smell the roses as they say.

Yeah will wait and see what happens with the police before I go solicitor.

Thanks for the great words of wisdom helps a lot ?

Redcorvette WANTED $19
    Spectator

andywilliams1187 wrote:

You would be best going to a solicitor as most offer a free 1 hour consultation. You will have to see what they charge you with mate before you can start looking at ways to mitigate. Anything you either plead guilty to or get found guilty of would show on a dbs check so if there is anyway of fighting it I would do so as it is a charge tat most employers hate to see on a check.

A lot will depend on what career you are looking at going into as well. If you were going for the army, you would probably be ok. If you were joining the police for example then you would have o wait for it to be taken off your dbs. I believe it stays on for 5 years but will check.

I can guarantee he would not get a job in the army with a history of theft on his record. The issue will be what type of skill she has and what his salary requirements are.   Many minimum wage jobs (cleaning etc) will not require references.  His employment options are however now limited.

Spekz2018 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

I’m 30 now so don’t think I’d be joining the army or police . My jobs have all been customer service based last one was trainee manager which I loved but I know now that is out the window .

I will probably go to working with builder friends who will pay me weekly and will be no temptations to try earn extra on the side. And before anyone says oh there will be in people’s houses in not that low . Would never steal off a individual which I know sounds silly because I have stole but yeah .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)