Has BTG Lost its way?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    B_RadWS WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Last night I was having a bash on Leo Vegas, $100 in and got up to $2100 (explorer line on Book of Dead).

So i set about on some BTG games. I was getting noooowhere literally no bonuses. Then I decided to try my hand at Bonanza on a $5. I’ve never managed to get a bonus on it but I thought since my luck seemed decent to give it a shot. After a thousand spins of fuckall i had to drop the stake coz i didnt feel confident. 1850 spins in 1 sitting without a bonus. All in all BTG games cleeaaaaned me out of $2k. Im not going to cry about it as I only feel like I lost $100 of my own money. But I haven’t seen anyone succeeding on BTG in a while. Not to mention what an absolute flop Holy Diver is.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Slots used to be fun! remember the times when you could deposit £50 and enjoy slot time when you could possibly get that 3rd golden book on BOD when you crossed your fingers hoping for a premium symbol. great fun.

BTG is aimed at bringing an addiction out in the average gambler, forget a £50 deposit that won’t last. In my opinion these slots are designed to tempt you into the “life changing” money that inevitably wont materailise , sure they have potential, there is even some Swedish blokes that show us how the purple ronnies can blast themselves across the screen.

Take a look throughout the forum at the previous posts regarding BTG slots, let’s take some examples.. Bonanza, chilli, millionaire, DHV. We look at one “big winner” screenshot that has thrown up a huge win, the other side of the coin is a forum full of posts where these games have wiped people out of their winnings or even their savings.

I do not like the way slots are being designed these days, most slotters seem bored by the old style of play in waiting for a bonus, they would rather chase the high octane rush of BTG false promises.

Tread carefully friends.

B_RadWS WANTED $2
    Outlaw

I’m not particularly drawn in by BTG that much (he says after squandering $2k) i just like to play a game until i bonus it. I quite often play different games on free play just for fun. But I totally get what you’re saying where they make these games that require a huge investment for the majority of players – who will invest – because theyve seen a streamer win 1000x on their 18th spin.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Bonanza, much as I know loads of people here hate it, was my favourite slot when I was playing. I had phenomenal success on that one, like it wasn’t unusual for me to see three, five or maybe even more features on it in a single night of play. I would rarely have to push it more than 200 spins to get one and it used to give me 100 spins for the cost of anywhere between 0 and 50. Sometimes I’d be in profit after a run of 100 even without a feature. The only thing that used to really piss me off about it was it would frequently pay a win off say 3012 ways, but if it hit 117,000, every time it would miraculously miss connecting anything. Also when Millionaire first came out, I collected 8 spins for 200x (two full lines of diamonds at x2), which had landed off about 20 spins in.

Every other BTG title was horrific to me. Boring base games, sod all big wins, abysmal features paying an average of about 15x (looking at you, High Voltage), worthless feature buys (bought about a dozen White Rabbit features at 100x each, I think the biggest one paid about 104x and most were a loss, even had two consecutive features pay a grand total of 18x). Watching videos of people doing the buy on Extra Chilli was enough to put me off, never mind playing it.

So I’m not sure BTG have lost their way so much as they never had it. They’ve made one good game under their brand and most people hate that one too. No game gets extra credit from me for “having potential”, every slot I ever played had “potential” for a monster win. Given most of us are never going to hit that full screen of explorers, that 8000x wild line, or whatever – what matters to me is will I get some good, entertaining game play out of it? Will I have a reasonable chance of hitting a fun, at least okay paying if not spectacular feature if I give it 100 spins? Will it float my balance so £100 deposit at £1 stake isn’t gone in five minutes? These are the things I’m looking for in a slot and all too often with BTG (Bonanza excepted) it feels like you either get a really rare super lucky hit or you bust out faster than a frozen pizza can warm up in the oven.

ligarr WANTED $82
    Outlaw

I prefer these kind of slot,rare to get a good hit but occasionally do,i want to win large X stake when i play,i find the robbing slots are things like Goonies where you get regular bonuses/features but they are trash and have no potential,i feel those kind of slots are the ones that take everyones money.

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

ligarr wrote:

I prefer these kind of slot,rare to get a good hit but occasionally do,i want to win large X stake when i play,i find the robbing slots are things like Goonies where you get regular bonuses/features but they are trash and have no potential,i feel those kind of slots are the ones that take everyones money.

I disagree and for the reasons you actually stated. I feel with slots like The Goonies most people after playing it for a while know that it doesn’t have the potential to give you that massive hit so it’s makes no logical sense to keep chasing it and it tends to get played for fun or for a few spins. High volatility slots that BTG make on the other hand will have people gripped since they know that there’s a chance, however small that they might hit a big one which facilitates them to gamble more than they intended, especially with slots like Holy Diver.

I was watching the recent video by Chipmonkz earlier and he said that he was at some convention or something and got to speak to the CEO of BTG and asked him about Holy Diver and said to him that people don’t want to wait forever and a day for a bonus and he replied with “well some people like the grind”. Really? Is there really people out there that enjoy playing games that basically require you to pump a shit ton of money in before you can get even the slightest chance of a reward? And when that “reward” comes it can still be as bad as a slot that doesn’t require such an investment. That game is definitely designed to get people invested and to prey on problem gamblers, same with Wild Swarm.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Just while it’s on topic, as I’ve seen @ligarr mention it, I’ve had more absolute balance destroyer sessions on Blueprints more than any other provider. Which is mental when you think about it, as they are mostly low volatility, but they just seem able to burn through a balance so easily, with zero hope for recovery. Weird slots man.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Blueprints remind me very much of playing a FOBT in the bookies, as in will take hundreds of pounds in half an hour at £2 stakes and the best you can hope for is about £500 max on a very, very good day. I stayed away from them.

B_RadWS WANTED $2
    Outlaw

I haven’t played too many blue prints. I tried topcat and when it took around $150 off me at $2 spins without a single fkn thing happening, not even a phonecall tease,  I said bugger this and never tried them again.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

I have never really been taking notice of the game makers, just the slots as individuals but since the announcement of DHV2 the final cunts down… I did notice their latest news is how excited they are about wanking ladsbroke having a megaways tab on their menu system.

I do see, like the post above mine (no offence to the member) that it’s another way of labeling and misrepresenting slots individually. We do know many (all?) BTG can pay handsomely and there’s an argument for volatility yet I agree, maybe that volatility is gruesome when you have to put 14trillion spins thru to get a 3.5x bonus if you are lucky followed by a next press express bonus of (thank fuck for that) 18x resulting in Hello my name is His Royal Highness Seriously Guttedness, let me kill the wife or slam the cat up the wall.

I say this in tongue and cheek but you can figure out which parts I mean and which I jester. The industry is playing a very fucking dangerous game. 5 minutes before I wrote this post, I gave up on Garga the three eyed twat and went back to jousting wilds and hit a 60p stake 484.5x which has pretty much ended a truly lengthy 30 minute session.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Argyll, I’ve read through your recent posts and have been impressed with the knowledge you have in explaining the mathematical process of how slots are based.

My basic thought process with BGT slots are in comparison with the National lottery where there is huge potential and reward but the remaining tens of thousands are unlikely to see it themselves.

Primitive thinking but ultimately true.

Greeners28 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve literally just come off DHV after landing a £2 bonus, went with gates of hell, landed the queen as wild and guess how many landed………none! Same as Fruitwarp – instabinned so many times it’s now officially banned. Like you say, not necessarily looking for the monster win but some entertainment would be nice rather than higher blood pressure and more grey hairs!!!

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

blacko1974 wrote:

Argyll, I’ve read through your recent posts and have been impressed with the knowledge you have in explaining the mathematical process of how slots are based.

My basic thought process with BGT slots are in comparison with the National lottery where there is huge potential and reward but the remaining tens of thousands are unlikely to see it themselves.

Primitive thinking but ultimately true.

Cheers matey. Yeah some people like the high volatility of BTG titles and the comparison to the National Lottery is an interesting one….I’ll occasionally buy a lottery ticket at £2, but I won’t buy a hundred of them at £200. I suppose whether people go for these kinds of slot highlights how people play for different reasons with different expectations. I’ve known people who’ll load up £200 online and it’s all gone 10 minutes later because they’ve done a hundred spins on a volatile slot at £2 stake. But their reasoning is they’d rather just go for it and maybe hit a couple of grand if they get lucky than slowly drain the balance on lower stakes and lower volatility games.

When I was playing, my standard mode was to put £100-200 in, then try to build the balance on a high volatility slot but at a low stake, typically around 40p. I found some slots like Bonanza you could easily hit a few hundred pounds off that stake, then I’d try some Novomatics (again, volatile but good potential bonus return). Once I’d got the balance up to £500 or above, I’d try £1-£2 stakes on some lower volatility games like NetEnts to get some features, maybe profit a little, maybe just float, then after a good few hours of entertainment I’d either hit live roulette or go big on something like Captain Venture at maybe £2 stake. That way, even if I had a bad night, by starting at 40p stakes off a £200 balance, I could play a dozen different games for at least a few hours and hit some features before busting out. On a good night, £200 in could become a grand or more.

springbrucesteen WANTED $77
    Outlaw

blacko1974 wrote:

Slots used to be fun! remember the times when you could deposit £50 and enjoy slot time when you could possibly get that 3rd golden book on BOD when you crossed your fingers hoping for a premium symbol. great fun.

BTG is aimed at bringing an addiction out in the average gambler, forget a £50 deposit that won’t last. In my opinion these slots are designed to tempt you into the “life changing” money that inevitably wont materailise , sure they have potential, there is even some Swedish blokes that show us how the purple ronnies can blast themselves across the screen.

Take a look throughout the forum at the previous posts regarding BTG slots, let’s take some examples.. Bonanza, chilli, millionaire, DHV. We look at one “big winner” screenshot that has thrown up a huge win, the other side of the coin is a forum full of posts where these games have wiped people out of their winnings or even their savings.

I do not like the way slots are being designed these days, most slotters seem bored by the old style of play in waiting for a bonus, they would rather chase the high octane rush of BTG false promises.

Tread carefully friends.

Yeah spot on and for a few months (for me anyway) the bonuses haven’t been paying much more than £200 on £2 stake , ok occasionally you get a half decent one but usually only after you have poured about 1K in so it’s either withdraw about what you have deposited and usually “off we go again” wins

lately I have been playing some of the less played slots and taking couple hundred profit from £100 to £150 deposits, big time gaming needs about £600 deposit at least and that can go in about ten minutes and don’t even get me started about buying a bonus , fine if you can afford it but who the hell cant help but keep going when you get nothing from first £100 or £200 gamble ……… everybody’s been there eh , that moment when that wheel lands in the black on first spin and bugger all happens except all those bloody Mexicans stop having a good time and shut up lol

rant over

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)