Glad I didn’t post

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

For 2 days I debated where to ask for some advice. Short story my missus who works part time took a weeks holiday over xmas to find come pay day she hadn’t been paid. She had a wage slip emailed to her for 4th jan but nothing in her bank. When she asked she was told the lady who does the wages was not in till Saturday and there some discrepancies to be discussed Tuesday. Whatever that meant. Anyway I didn’t know what to suggest so I wanted to ask someone on here but previous comments from myself I didn’t want people to think I wanted a hand out. As I’m the bread winner were ok financially but as most families go we have to be careful in January after Xmas. So this morning I went to see her at work (our local village shop ) she told me she’d been paid and must of been late last night. So drama over thankfully. I suppose what I’m saying is I felt as this is a non related gambling issue and because of previous comments (mainly made by myself) I didn’t want to ask for advice. I’m glad in a way I never asked for advice but at the same time I feel I should of asked as so people have said before the forum is for stories help advice as well as the banter.

The Bandit WANTED $5,354
    El Bandito

Yeah you should have still asked mate, the forum is a place to generally discuss what is on your mind, it is relatively easy to spot the not so genuine ones – i bet i have sent some money before to non genuine ones though, i send plenty behind the scenes and sometimes, you hear nothing back as soon as the money has gone out, no thanks, nothing. That is how you spot the twats i guess lol Everyone else is always very grateful and thankful and they receive a reply to the effect of when they can, please pay it forward in some way. I like to think that most of them will do exactly that.

Mickeyvondickey WANTED $181
    Outlaw

Yeah, don’t be shy about coming forward for advice mate. I’m no councillor, but I would certainly give you my best advice and help if I could. And you’re absolutely right, January is a bitch of a month! Take it easy bud.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Thanks guys. If it come to it I just didn’t fancy ringing citizens advice or acas first thing Monday morning as there a bunch of muppets sometimes. Plus they just read from a script.

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

Hi Haz,

Always post mate, plenty of people on here who are willing to help and offer advice; a lot of people offer good advice across the forum and its getting easier to spot who is after a free handout and who genuinly has an issue which people maybe able to help with

Glad the Mrs got sorted out – might have just been a late payment from payroll that got held up over the christmas period. I know at my place we get paid on the 25th of the month so they sent it early at Christmas so we all got paid earlier (but it makes it 5.5 weeks to next payday) so a few people in work are panicking already (I’m ok, I have good financial advice in the form of Mrs W lol)

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Thanks mate appreciate it

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Always ask bud. I’m sorry to hear that you felt like you couldn’t – that’s not the sort of community we want to have here.

I’m glad it’s all been sorted now. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)