FOBTs

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    DAC007 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

I work away too.  I use a pre-paid visa card that you can’t get cash out with, you can only scan or chip and pin for goods.  It actually gives me 5-9% cash back on some shops.

Apart from admitting you’ve got a serious problem and should probably speak to someone, sorry, this could be what you’re looking for.

Personally speaking, I’m trying to stop, I don’t think, apart from a few occasions with my son I don’t think I’ve been truly happy in fucking years. Because of gambling.

Marky mark WANTED $15
    Outlaw

Great you’ve got the online sorted mate. I have for a few years now get someone to look after my financial side, I have no way of getting more cash than I need. This is not for everyone, but if you can leave your bank cards at home and budget how much money you need for that day and just take with you. You’ve took a huge step forward, and should be very proud of yourself. Much love and good luck.

Bankieboy87 WANTED $13
    Outlaw

Thanks for that message mate, really appreciated

Run187 WANTED $28
    Outlaw

ayma4quit wrote:

Ignore Bankyboy87s reply mate, up there with the most inappropriate replies ever?

Can you try not to carry too much cash with you or just take enough for food/drinks etc and leave your card at home??…. The temptation usually comes for me when I’m actually “in situ” so if I haven’t got any cash, I literally can’t gamble.

Its a tough one bud, you obviously know you’re going to be tempted so the trick is, in my opinion, is when the temptation/urge strikes, be preprepared by literally not be able to succumb to the urges

Best wishes

Hard to ignore ones self 🙂 ..

Run187 WANTED $28
    Outlaw

Bankieboy87 wrote:

Just looking for some advice. I have signed up to Gamban so can no longer gamble online at all. It’s been great not having the temptation at the end of my fingertips 24/7. It’s probably the best decision I’ve ever made to be honest.

Now the problem is, FOBTs and physically going into the bookies. I know people will say you can self-exclude from the bookies but the nature of my job sees me in Inverness one week and Cornwall the next and everywhere in between so I don’t actually use a local bookies near my house to be honest.

These machines are popping up everywhere, Bookies obviously but also now pubs, hotel restaurants and motorway service stations to name a few.

My will power is absolutely terrible and I can’t help playing them wherever I am. I’ll stop at a service station for the toilet or a meal/snack and before I know it, I’ve stuck whatever’s in my pocket into these machines and end up going to the service station ATM machine (which charges you for your own money btw!!!) and am down about £50-150 before hitting the road again. Also a lot of my work finds me on busy high streets with 3-4 bookies within walking distance and I really really struggle to walk by without going in.

Anyone else face the same problems? And if so what did you do to overcome it.

Cheers

Never played them never will. 2 pound to win 500 that is a rip-off. seeking help or counseling would be the first step, hard call to make to gamecare but it is worth it. I used to have a problem with fruit machines myself, had to admit I had a problem stopped playing them stupidly after I spent a friends money on one. then it went to like a tenner a time and now I just CBA with them, online or off bore me to play but I can watch others play them and fell zero desire to play. I also made a promise that I would not go back to that lifestyle to my dog and best friend on his death bed. I can’t break that promise. that was in 2016 and I have not touched one since. lost enough of my life to flashy lights.

you simply have to face the fact your an addict and have to find the will power to just think why am I being a mug and giving my money away..

a gambler knows when to stop an addict does not, an addict sees money as gambling chips a gambler does not.

mention to your bank that your an addict they will then no doubt offer restrictions on your account and a card that cant be used to gamble .

monzo bank also offers a service for addicts https://monzo.com/blog/2018/05/16/gambling-self-exclusion . no idea what it is myself  .

it is one day at a time and the hardest part apart from telling everyone you’re  an addict and the phone call or calls to ga or gc is avoiding going into a betting shop, the first time you don’t go into the shop to gamble you will feel like you are climbing the walls , but as the days pass it becomes easier .may also be a good idea to have a  family member issue the money you need daily from your bank account if your bank cant put limits on it  ..

WES1970 WANTED $18
    Outlaw

DAC007 wrote:

I work away too.  I use a pre-paid visa card that you can’t get cash out with, you can only scan or chip and pin for goods.  It actually gives me 5-9% cash back on some shops.

Apart from admitting you’ve got a serious problem and should probably speak to someone, sorry, this could be what you’re looking for.

Personally speaking, I’m trying to stop, I don’t think, apart from a few occasions with my son I don’t think I’ve been truly happy in fucking years. Because of gambling.

Definitely the way to go is a prepaid card.

FOBTs are the worse thing around,thought when they reduced the stake to £2 it might help how wrong was I.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)