Dear GAMBLING INDUSTRY :

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

“What’s the point in having a bonus that pays £0.00 other than to piss the player off ?”

Everyone it has happened to including Bandit, wants an OFFICIAL answer.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

I’m not a rep of the gambling industry, but a zero bonus is a good sign you’re playing a high volatility game where the bonus is random. So the flipside is that sometimes the bonus will go bonkers and pay 5000x or some such ridiculous figure. There seems to be a growing demand for these games the industry is responding to, hence the slew of licensing for “Megaways” titles.

If you want a guaranteed win in a bonus, play a game with a pre determined bonus or lower volatility. Or Raging Rhino.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

I have to side with Bandit on this one. Making a slot give a zero bonus is utterly disappointing. Now put 1,000’s of spins before it finally drops. Cap’t Bob took over 1,000 spins from me to eventually bonus and pay £19. That’s disgusting. Fisherman Franky took 1,000’s to bonus and paid £0.00. Erm, s’cuse me mr slot designer, come here, I’d like a gun butting word in your ear.

It doesn’t matter who says what, what I have just said can’t be invalidated. I support bandit in this notion. Pissed off players are pissed off players. I remember years ago a £5 jackpoter went over £100 without a jackpot. It runs every few months for £25 – £40. We’re not allowed to say that’s proof that 92% RTP is a lie. Even if your local arcade is a community centre for 3 decades.

Fact is, the player is rightly pissed off. The game designer knowingly caused that.

Malkychamp WANTED $486
    Outlaw

Only game for me that has more zero bonuses than paying 1’s is Napoleon. I just expect it to be zero now lol

One day though,one day

MoonHook WANTED $30
    Outlaw

It’s not a bad point though.  Why not just play a slot with a guaranteed bonus?  In my opinion it’s a little unfair to expect a slot to be able to pay 1000’s of times your bet, but also pay alright on a normal bonus?  Oh and also expect that bonus to be within x spins?

I don’t think you can have it all.

Geezawin WANTED $270
    Outlaw

Bonus = a reward for people for work or encouragement

Bonus = an unexpected benefit

Quote the american english dictionary

No reward /no encouragement/no benefit  =  no bonus 

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

MoonHook wrote:

It’s not a bad point though.  Why not just play a slot with a guaranteed bonus?  In my opinion it’s a little unfair to expect a slot to be able to pay 1000’s of times your bet, but also pay alright on a normal bonus?  Oh and also expect that bonus to be within x spins?

I don’t think you can have it all.

I think as we are seasoned players, some of us with multiple decades of playing it is fair to say we fully know and have indeed mentioned RTP/profit. The point is about how horrific the rationing can be to the point where it’s bad enough people take a loss but to even give them a bonus that pays nothing just adds insult to injury and is nothing but cruel. “I’d rather it ddin’t bonus” – because it gets your hopes up to then leave you come crashing mentally down.

Further more, there is no reason why they can’t space out the high payouts more to ease the beatings that the rest get.

When the fun starts… etc

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Geezawin wrote:

How did the medal go today mate in the golf ?

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

I suppose the bonus is the free spins which you do get, weather or not they’re all dead spins is a different matter

Don’t get me wrong I hate them but like argyl says while a 0 bonus is a cunt occasionally the same game will pay something stupid like a year’s wages

Geezawin WANTED $270
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Geezawin wrote:

Its in the original post haz

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Geezawin wrote:

Haz40 wrote:

Geezawin wrote:

Its in the original post haz

I know mate thanks. Thought I’d ask on this one as this was your most recent post. Plus if i asked on 2 threads you might see it. I know what your like ha ha ??. I’ve also changed topic on 2 threads so oops sorry people.??

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Eightblack wrote:

I suppose the bonus is the free spins which you do get, weather or not they’re all dead spins is a different matter

Don’t get me wrong I hate them but like argyl says while a 0 bonus is a cunt occasionally the same game will pay something stupid like a year’s wages

Moreover, it only happens on games where the bonus element is random, which I’d have thought is what players like Mr B would want – a bonus that’s not pre-determined at the point of landing it. Certainly the overall market wants those high volatility games, that’s the only reason we’re seeing a new whatever-Megaways every month, it’s because players are lapping them up.

It’s all on the player. You can’t choose a game where the bonus gives you three options, literally tells you that one of them is a highly volatile “win less often, but win bigger” round, choose that as your bonus and then complain when your six free spins pay nothing. Choose the lower volatility option, or play a game where the bonus frequency is high and the average payout is 25x if that’s the gaming experience you want; there’s no shortage of titles in that range to choose from.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Well if it’s all on the player (ffs) then we want 200%rtp guaranteed per play session. [rollseyes]

This thread isn’t limited to high volatility when low volatility has already been exampled as just a shit at times. This thread also isn’t about me so ditch the personal aspect when other people including Bandit feel the same way as stated in post one.

The reality is when a slot regardless of volatility level takes a dickhead amount of money to then bonus – what a relief – and then pay  a few pennies or indeed nothing, that is utterly shite and there is no need for it. It is cruel.

Yes, I am here again saying something bad about the industry, in agreement with bandit. You come back with “it’s on the player”. No it isn’t. The player has no say on how a slot is going to perform which is obvious. And the “random” thing is not gonna wash either because we proved (even though this is ignored) that slots are profit over random, regardless of how random is implemented worse, this has absolutely nothing to do with random, it is to do with giving a player nothing for a thousand spins and then giving a bonus (repeating myself here to relentlessly drive home the point again) that then pays nothing.

Cruel. Randomly cruel ? Designed cruel ? who cares. It’s cruel.

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

I’ll respond on behalf of the gambling industry.

Many reasons. It makes people stay longer. It shows volatility. It’s hard to program in a min win without affecting overall rtp and payouts.

Mostly – psychology. The longer people chase the more providers make. Simple.

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Also please dont say as a slot paid nothing for thousands of spins when you get a bonus it’s not fair it pays low or 0. That’s impossible. Each spin is independent. You could lose 10000 in a row. Then win a penny.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)