C’mon Bandit Mate… Get Ur Ass Into Gear!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    The Bandit WANTED $5,354
    El Bandito

FruitVideos wrote:

As a temp solution, how about a direct video download?

This could be set up free via something like google drive. You get loads of free space, 15 gig I think then it’s even peanuts to up that to 100gig.

It is the bandwidth that is killing me tbh, 30TB a month per video i am looking at and most established platforms are really only going up to 500gb before charging, the charges are small but then to go to that level starts to get silly expensive.

FruitVideos WANTED $7
    Outlaw

I’m not saying host if for viewing. Just a simple direct download to the actual video file.

The Bandit WANTED $5,354
    El Bandito

FruitVideos wrote:

I’m not saying host if for viewing. Just a simple direct download to the actual video file.

Ah right, is that a different thing lol I am shit with all that. Do you mean so people can actually download the video themselves and watch it? Hmm, could be interesting haha I will have to ask my site guy – people often get a little concerned about downloading stuff don’t they 😀

Aimless WANTED $0
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

Aimless wrote:

Have a couple of servers I use for software development/testing. Lucky enough to have quite favourable rates on data transfer/bandwidth. Willing to host the videos at least temporarily free of charge and provide you with an embeddable HTML player to stick on the site. Can drop you an e-mail if it’s something you’d be interested.

Hi mate, what sort of bandwidth do you have available to you because 1 of my videos, just one, is using up around 30tb in a month at the moment, it is the one thing scuppering everything everywhere i look tbh

I thought it would be more like 10TB’s a month per video seems I underestimated it slightly! 30TB’s is going to be in excess of 100TB’s of transfer in one month. I’m not going to lie it may be a little bit of a stretch. Let me get in touch with the accounts department see what they can do for me maybe I can sort something out, I’ll get back to you.

Aimless WANTED $0
    Outlaw

Yeah spoken to accounts managed to get it sorted so I could do it on a trial basis, could potentially be a longer term solution if all went well. It’s something that would take a little while to set-up as I’d be doing it in my spare time but if you’re out of options we can give it a shot.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)