Cheltenham Day 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sidders WANTED $21
    Outlaw

Well, day 1 almost upon us and my ‘banker’ for day 1 is BuveurD’air in Champion hurdle (3:30) could well set up my week. Has to give 7lbs to Apples Jade but been backing this horse since November so quite a bit on it. 9/4 I reckons massive.

Any thoughts and good luck me ?

Will_RAFC WANTED $4
    Outlaw

No tips from me – I’m not massively in to horse racing, just a casual punter – but theirs a great offer on SkyBet. For the first race each day they are offering money back as cash if you don’t win, up to £20. Might not be the stakes that some on here play but that’s a big stake for me, and a good shot at winning money for free!

granpappydave WANTED $18
    Outlaw

Your right there will_rafc will be doing that me self £20 will last the full festival and if you win it’s a bonus happy days

odd Job WANTED $8
    Blocked

sidders wrote:

Well, day 1 almost upon us and my ‘banker’ for day 1 is BuveurD’air in Champion hurdle (3:30) could well set up my week. Has to give 7lbs to Apples Jade but been backing this horse since November so quite a bit on it. 9/4 I reckons massive.

Any thoughts and good luck me ?

Apples Jade for me,  looks an interesting 1 st day,  lets hope bad weather misses

bigmike WANTED $10
    Outlaw

a lot if weight 7lbs up that hill its all about apples jade for me guys its won well at cheltenham b4 with lots to give  ps  free £1 bet each day to alll ladbrookes players guys good look all

lukey924 WANTED $4
    Outlaw

These will probably be my selections:

13:30 Klassical Dream

14:05 Hardline

14:50 Mister Whitaker ew

15:30 Laurina (if soft ground)

16:10 Benies Des Dieux

16:50 Roaring Bull ew

17:30 Ok Corral

Probably put them in an ew super heinz £0.08 per line = £19.20 total stake

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

I follow the racing religiously and I’m a member of a number of private groups with trainers/contact info.

Will be amazed if Apples Jade Dosent Win the first, absolute beast of horse as she is and the 7lb give just advances her edge even further over BVD. Laurina is an interesting runnner but does need to improve in what she’s shown to be a danger but is more than capable of doing so, just not this year for me.

banker of the festival i think for me has to be Benie De Dieux in the 4.10pm tomorrow – Absolutely primed for this.

Good luck everyone, glad someone started a fresh Cheltenham thread for the festival ???

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

I’m not a  really a horse racing fan, lets face it its probably more fixed that people think the slots are, ut I do have a question.  Those things are freaking huge, so what difference does 7lb actually make to it, can the horse even feel that, and do all the jockeys have to be around about the same weight?

Although I doubt a fat jockey would get many employers anyway 🙂

Probably dumb questions

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Dune2000 wrote:

I’m not a  really a horse racing fan, lets face it its probably more fixed that people think the slots are, ut I do have a question.  Those things are freaking huge, so what difference does 7lb actually make to it, can the horse even feel that, and do all the jockeys have to be around about the same weight?

Although I doubt a fat jockey would get many employers anyway ?

Probably dumb questions

Its meant to be 1lb equals one length. ?

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Haz40 wrote:

so is there a minimum, i mean, if you gave the jockey a bag of sugar to carry would that really make 2 lengths difference 🙂

I did pick up a racing paper once but it might as well have been written in Egyptian, so if I want to do one I just pick a name I like – the bookmakers dream client

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Dune2000 wrote:

Haz40 wrote:

so is there a minimum, i mean, if you gave the jockey a bag of sugar to carry would that really make 2 lengths difference ?

I did pick up a racing paper once but it might as well have been written in Egyptian, so if I want to do one I just pick a name I like – the bookmakers dream client

In jump racing highest is usually 11st 12lb with lowest 10st. It’s complicated as i believe there is alot of race fixing of horses losing on purpose to reduce the weight in the next race they are in.

brfc01 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Janika, will run Thursday – good luck to all

brfc01 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Dune2000 wrote:

Haz40 wrote:

so is there a minimum, i mean, if you gave the jockey a bag of sugar to carry would that really make 2 lengths difference ?

In jump racing highest is usually 11st 12lb with lowest 10st. It’s complicated as i believe there is alot of race fixing of horses losing on purpose to reduce the weight in the next race they are in.

Of course they do Sir Mark Prescott is the best at doing it on the flat usually all weather. Chucks them in a race way beyond them to get their mark down. Its like NFL, NBA when they know they can’t win anything lose so they get better picks in the draft

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Haz40 wrote:

LOL – Might as well stick to my lucky names then when I go back in to the bookies after 1 Apr 🙂

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Dune2000 wrote:

Haz40 wrote:

LOL – Might as well stick to my lucky names then when I go back in to the bookies after 1 Apr ?

That’s my philosophy. Now where’s my pin. ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)