Chat thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Maybe you guys can quit holding random chats on threads that have people pointlessly coming back to read content that has nothing to do with the thread purpose. Pretty sure someone else suggested this and then went right ahead and kept doing it.

just a suggestion.

Malkychamp WANTED $486
    Outlaw

Fair point it can sometime clog up a thread. However as there is no messenger or whisper on here its the easiest way to communicate with other members. Starting a new thread everytime you want to ask how someone is doing would be an option but am not sure thats a great idea either.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I wonder who is the biggest culprit. ????

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

I dunno Malky, maybe this could be a the chat thread for those who wish to check in as regulars and see how each other are.

Malkychamp WANTED $486
    Outlaw

Mr B wrote:

I dunno Malky, maybe this could be a the chat thread for those who wish to check in as regulars and see how each other are.

Would be a good idea in theory i’m just not sure it would work so easily. It is often i will see someone post in a thread so from that i may have a direct question that then may lead to asking more questions and a back and forth that may at times even be off topic, it then may have others having opinions on what may have been said. As you can see things can spiral, only solutions i can think of would be like a whisper on chat function build in which am not sure is even possible

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Yea, on this forum software I’m pretty sure a whisper/msg system can be added but I think Bandit doesn’t want to allow that. I think at least for the regulars there should be a known understanding to use a chat thread and maybe a side note on any other thread telling said user to join you there.

>> malky, chat thread

for example.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

I should also add that a private messaging system opens a can of legal worms too because people can of course abuse it. This is a money orientated forum in some ways and the other thing is that word “private” when actually (no pun at staff here) it is not private for the staff who can access any messages sent, by anyone.

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

From what I’ve seen a whisper messaging system , would not be good .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)