Barclays Fraud Letter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

Hey hey everyone!

Just thought I’d warn you guys about a fraudulent letter I got today from Barclays saying I was due a refund on an account.

Ive never had a Barclays account ?

however they ask for all your bank info and names etc for you to send back in a pre paid envelope!

Shocking really, I’ve called Barclays already who confirmed 1. They don’t ask for details in the post 2. They haven’t sent anything to me. So they are aware and will warn customers.

But just thought I’d warn you guys if you or your family get anything I’m sure you wouldn’t give out anything but now you know it’s fake and you can wipe your arse with it!

Have a lovely weekend you beautiful bunch ??

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Sooooo… you’ve never had a barclays account. I don’t believe you. EVERYONE has had a barclays account. Click HERE and enter your password to somehow prove you haven’t.

The amount of scams out there is ridiculous. I used to report paypal scams that found their way to my inbox but I got so many I couldn’t be bothered anymore.

A great tip though is to receive an email that you may think is real, do not click any links in it, instead go directly to the company website and fathom your way in from there. The only time you don’t have to do this is if you are say expecting a password reset email.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Thanks this girl. It’s amazing what length these scammers will go to. In the last few months I have spoken to so many elderly people who say they have phone calls about repairs needed for their computers. I’ve had messages as I’m sure we’ve all had about funds been confiscated as well as messages saying your PayPal account will be closed. Thing is we know to ignore them. It’s the elderly who are vulnerable. This subject does get to me a bit mainly because of the people I speak to on a daily basis. Don’t know how these con people sleep at night. It’s good job I believe in karma. ?

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

Oh I know! That’s why I reported it straight away, I used to look after the elderly in their own home for 6 years and they do target them sadly!

I just thought though by spreading the knowledge as far as I can then I’m happy I’ve done enough to protect who I can!

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Last year i was talking to an elderly lady in west Yorkshire who was very confused as she’d just had a phone call from a company saying she’d signed up to them and she owed £96. I tried 1471 on her landline and was surprised the number wasn’t withheld. I rang it to find she’d only be cold called by a company in Poole who were offering a service, get this right , to stop cold and nuisance phone calls. I must of been on the phone half hour as I asked a million questions. The elderly lady was on a 2 year contract and had paid the first years £96 and the second year was due. She was in her 90’s and couldn’t remember a thing. Reluctantly I advised her to pay it as she’d signed the contract. Unbelievable.

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

?? scum these people honestly.

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

Really piss me off these people. Im still waiting for my bank transfer from some Nigerian fella who seamed really legit and said he would send me loads of money.

I really hate these scamming fuckers. They are up at the top of my list along with Hitler, certain amazon delivery drivers and my postman.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Really piss me off these people. Im still waiting for my bank transfer from some Nigerian fella who seamed really legit and said he would send me loads of money.

I really hate these scamming fuckers. They are up at the top of my list along with Hitler, certain amazon delivery drivers and my postman.

Was waiting on Hitlers name creeping back up on the forum, it’s been a while ???

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

I had a text message from “barclays” a while ago telling me my account was being closed and I needed to send my details to get the remaining funds transfered.. I too have never banked with barclays lol I reported it as well b<span style=”font-size: 1rem;”>ut the bird on the phone didn’t seem too interested ?‍♂️</span>

I hate that they target the elderly it’s the scummiest low life thing to do.

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

? Your related to the Nigerian billionaire who died as well? Small world eh, I can’t wait to get my half ???

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

I keep getting phone calls for a claim I supposedly have about an accident I was involved in that wasn’t my fault… The nice girl on the phone seems to get upset with my glaswegian humor… I swear a lot. ????

WiggyOfStHelens WANTED $96
    Outlaw

If you ever get the phone call about deafness at work, just keep saying ‘What’  that really winds them up, then if you can before they cut you off, just shout, ive gone deaf from working in a factory all my life and i cant hear you, speak up, and then ‘click’ they’ve gone 🙂

Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

My dad researched the number on the letter and it was India ?? didn’t know they had Barclays there!!

DEVIL4POSTER WANTED $55
    Outlaw

bloody scammers, I had a text message from Barclay’s sayin, “Your Low Balance Alert: Your current account is now £1.92 on account” oh wait a minute that wasn’t a scam ;P

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Thisgirl2019 wrote:

My dad researched the number on the letter and it was India ?? didn’t know they had Barclays there!!

More like the Local Indians curry shop ????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)