Any techys about?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Wasn’t going to come on as I’ve got a lot going on at the minute but this is urgent 🙁 my daughters amazon fire won’t turn on and I need it for tomorrow.. I’ve tried factory reset but nothing worked. I’ve contacted amazon but they want to send it off.. anyone know anything about these? It was on one minute whilst charging, it then went blank so I tried factory reset. It made the sound but nothing came up on the screen. Nothing at all is happening now 🙁 we are both in the hospital tomorrow and friday and she will be bored shitless without it. Heard you can take the battery out but I don’t have a tool to do it with nor how to do it ? any advice welcome ?

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Sorry i know very little about technical problems but according to the internet it says hold power button down for 30 seconds then try turning it on.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I’ve tried it Haz 🙁 it made the sound at first but when I try it now nothing is happening. Had it on charge for a good hour too so it’s not that 🙁

PsychicSnail WANTED $111
    Outlaw

Sounds like you have tried everything you can.

I have a normal paperwhite and every three months or so it refuses to turn on. As Haz says you need to hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds (longer in my experience) until the sucker boots. If that fails then I would guess that the thing isn’t charging properly and the battery is dead. With a totally dead battery, it takes at least an hour to get sufficient charge to come back to life. But if it’s not charging then it’s likely buggered properly.

Whilst charging there should be a small green light shining. If that isn’t lit then maybe try a different usb cable.

Philinds1 WANTED $6
    Outlaw

Sorry to say it happened a few years ago to one of my kids nothing you can do apart from let amazon have it back ?.on the up side my daughter was in hospital two weeks ago and they had portable DVD players on the children’s ward with hundreds of dvd’s ?

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Philinds1 wrote:

Sorry to say it happened a few years ago to one of my kids nothing you can do apart from let amazon have it back ?.on the up side my daughter was in hospital two weeks ago and they had portable DVD players on the children’s ward with hundreds of dvd’s ?

I was worried this would be the case. For fudge sake 🙁 I’m hoping we wont be there more than a few hours so she can just play on my phone, and friday she can hopefully stay at home with her dad whilst I go to my appointment alone.

Thanks for the tips, but I’ve tried a new cable, tried factory reset and nothing is happening at all. I’m not sure it would even be covered under warranty as she has had it 2 years now 🙁

PsychicSnail wrote:

Sounds like you have tried everything you can.

I have a normal paperwhite and every three months or so it refuses to turn on. As Haz says you need to hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds (longer in my experience) until the sucker boots. If that fails then I would guess that the thing isn’t charging properly and the battery is dead. With a totally dead battery, it takes at least an hour to get sufficient charge to come back to life. But if it’s not charging then it’s likely buggered properly.

Whilst charging there should be a small green light shining. If that isn’t lit then maybe try a different usb cable.

Philinds1 WANTED $6
    Outlaw

It’s worth asking amazon sometimes they offer you a new one for a fraction of the price ?

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

I’ve tried it Haz ? it made the sound at first but when I try it now nothing is happening. Had it on charge for a good hour too so it’s not that ?

if its any help i have one here you can have it all works and we dont use it,yours if you want it

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Aww thanks for the offer, but it’s ok 🙂 i only needed it for today, she can wait until her birthday for a new one now. Very kind offer though benq, thanks again 🙂

Anonymous WANTED $7
    Inactive

@Winningbird – I have one of these.

Sounds like you already tried a lot there & not sure if you’re still looking for tips but I find Recovery Mode helpful on mine when it locks up. I get there by holding down Volume Down & Power until the Recovery Menu pops up. From there you can, amongst other things if you haven’t already tried, do a factory reset.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

omg you legend! Just held the power key and volume key and it made a noise again. Tried 3 wires and none worked but tried xbox charger wire and the charger thing came on! Woooo thank you so much you lot! And thank you benq for the offer 🙂

It’s been on charge for 10 minutes now and the green battery symbol is still showing on the screen. I think this is either a shitty charger that’s going to take a year to charge or the battery is knackard. At least I know its fixable. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)