Another anniversary!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    inspect her gadget WANTED $21
    Outlaw

Evening all,

I’ve not been seen on the forum for a while so first of all I hope you are all well and keeping safe.

I feel its time for a little update on the long hard road to solvency!

It’s now 2 years since I stopped gambling, thanks again 2 the bandit, gamcare and gamstop. When I finally seen the light and pulled the plug on gambling 2 years ago I roughly had £26k of gambling debts. On last years 1st anniversary (I started a thread on it) I had reduced the debt to roughly £20k.

During this last year my credit score has improved greatly, so much so I was able to remortgage and get rid of 2 loans. I have also put all my credit card balances onto 1 no interest card.

Along with taking on a second job and working all hours my debt is down to £6k!! I am delighted and so proud of myself, I even had a vision of being debt free this year.

Unfortunately due to the current situation I’m furloughed from both jobs and the likelyhood is that both companies will fold ? so my goal is on hold at the moment but myself and my family are safe and healthy which is all that matters!

In short, if you have, or are thinking about giving up gambling because its all getting too much be rest assured that it is possible!

Sorry to go on a bit but we need a good news story right now!

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Hey, nice to see you’re around. It’s hard to forget a name like that ?

Congrats on the 2 years of no gambling and clearing a huge chunk of your debt off! You’ve done great :). Hopefully your work will be able to pull themselves out of this on the other side. It’s going to be difficult for a lot of small companies, but I’m hoping they pull through. ?

Outlaw

Hey WB, yeah I’m still here. I still browse now and again but not had much time to post due 2 work.

I doubt either company will pull through, I feel for my bosses spending years building up a business 2 have it ripped away through no fault of theirs! I’m already job hunting in preperation ?!

Im glad u remember my username, just a bit of fun…. I always wanted 2 be a gynaecologist ?

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

It’s a shit time for everyone 🙁 hope you find another job soon. Maybe get into gynaecology if that’s what floats your boat ??

Outlaw

Haha don’t think my blood pressure could cope ?, I’ll just keep inspecting as a hobby ?

PsychicSnail WANTED $111
    Outlaw

Well done mate, that takes a great deal of character. Not just to stop the gambling but to face up to your obligations and pay off the debts.

Of any post I’ve read on here, this deserves a thumbs up.

D3sp3rado WANTED $36
    Outlaw

You’re  one of the few winners here, stopping IS the jackpot!

Outlaw

Cheers guys, don’t get me wrong there were some real tough times back in the day. You can imagine what thoughts were in my head!

Thankfully with gamstop it’s virtually impossible to play online, I just watch bandit, rolla and hypalinx to keep me entertained.

Had big plans 2 be debt free and have a little sunshine holiday with the family this year until all this bullshit came along! Totally different thoughts and plans to a couple of years ago I can tell you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)