Advice

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jpg2019 WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Hi everyone I’m new here.

i just need some advice I’ve got a bad gambling addiction, I feel so much like gambling. I can’t play online as I’ve registered for Gamstop for 5 years. I’ve got in so much debt but now I’m on a debt management plan. That will slowly help me. But yesterday I withdrew 200 pound and playing fobt I new I shouldn’t but couldn’t stop myself. Right now I’m sitting here and I just want to gamble so bad it’s unreal . I’m so so so low I’ve already tried ending everything about 2 years ago but my wife and daughter are the only thing that stopped me thinking of them.
    has anyone got any advice of how to stop this urges it’s making me feel anxious and I’m panicking I can’t gamble.

so has anyone else got any advice on what I can do I just need some help

thanks

Boonermandingo WANTED $1
    Outlaw

I spoke to my partner and informed her of my situation. She helped me by keeping money away and the urge slowly fiddled away. Now I ask for her permission to go to the bookies with like a tenner and she’s more than happy to give me it. Even though it’s my money because she knows if I went down with more I would spend it all. Ask your wife to help with your finances. It’s not weak. Its help.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

The best thing to do is what boonermandingo said, and tell your mrs. She will be able to take away your money, and give it to you as and when you need it. This will hopefully stop your urge as you dont have the money there to gamble with.

I know what you mean though, I get that urge a lot. I try to distract my mind when I feel like that though. I colour something in my daughters colouring book, or read a book. It might help you to think of something to distract your mind. I hope you’re okay!

Lanny WANTED $19
    Blocked

just watch gambling streamers online nick slots Chipmonkz etc you get all the highs and lows of gambling takes away the urges my friend was addicted to fobts he conquered the urges by keep cleaning his flat two years on the flats a mess again but he hasn’t gambled in all that time.there is no real answer to any addiction we’ve just got to try ourselves to manage it,

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

Alright mate …. based on what you said …. go see the doctor …. and they can refer you to some counselling …. you’ll get three ( ?) session for free and they can offer advise that fits you … were all strangers here so our advice might not be for you .( tho the winningbird advise about the mrs is bang on ) …. and if you’ve thought about the “bad deed “ few years back then even more reason to get proper help ……that monkey on your back isn’t getting off just because you say “ please” , get down to the doctors and the family and be honest with them …………..

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

My advice would be to physically restrict your funds as much as you can, I know exactly the feeling your on about man, your calling yourself a dickhead while your still pumping more cash in, its pure compulsive gambling

If you have a trusted person to hold onto the bulk of your funds for a bit do it, get on gamstop, self exclude from the bookies and tell those who care about you that you have an issue, a problem shared is a problem halfed.. It also helps because you feel your letting others down if you do gamble instead of just yourself

Someone told me about a type of bank  account called monzo or something the other day that you can block gambling transactions and limit how much cash you withdraw.. They where recommending it for me and I thought it sounded sweet but I haven’t done fuck all about it, if it is as good as it sounds I reckon it could help you out

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

The other thing I do is loads of those free money apps where you play some basic game and deal with loads of adverts but you earn tiny amounts of crypto or once in a blue moon a fiver.. It gives me a little buzz, it takes hours but doesn’t rinse you lol

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Man up. Only person to help you is you. Take up strenuous masturbation maybe

Anonymous WANTED $6
    Inactive

Why not try Gamblers Anonymous, I am sure you could find their number and local meetings details in about 30 seconds if you tried?

IAMJAMES WANTED $4
    Outlaw

Hi mate.

Have you ever considered rehab if you google Gordon moody they take places and it’s a 12 week programme which offers in stay and also councilling.

Anonymous WANTED $10
    Inactive

Sorry to hear about that mate.

My advice is tell your missus and give her financial control.

If that fails, then on the urge to gamble, watch some YouTube videos. That’s what worked for me. Failing that, don’t kill yourself. Do an armed robbery on a series of bookmakers. If you get away with it then it’s basically taking back what you’ve lost. If you get caught then you can only gamble phone cards and Elquid in clink

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)