Advice on job change

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    GIRTH32 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

Hi just need a bit of advice of people please been a taxi driver for 28 year’s on same firm in Stockport and been thinking about going on uber for a bit now, suppose scared to make the change and just wondering if anyone had made a change and gone on uber or no of anyone who as cheers shaun

whoswho WANTED $114
    Outlaw

I’ve used ubers and they are fantastic, fast efficient and cost effective.

I hear there’s a new Copany called OLA apparently they pay their drivers more than what Uber does.

As for a new job I recently got promoted just before Xmas from engineer to the same company I work for into sales rep, as I had done this kind of work before. I hate to admit it but the grass is not greener on the other side I regret it a lot. Being newly married I’m on the road all the time and miss working 7-4. So my advise is stick to what you know but trying a different company can’t hurt.

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Just dont rape anyone. Some solid advice there

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

Yellow snow ……… yeah no ……

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

eejit101 wrote:

Cheers mate.

Joeholdway WANTED $44
    Outlaw

eejit101 wrote:

Ffs that’s where I’m going wrong on my way to the shops wish some one had gave me that advice earlier god  damn

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Public service guys, happy to help.

Next week – How to avoid being abused by an uncle

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I would weigh up your options first. You’ve been at the company you’re at now for over 25 years. Is it better than average pay for a taxi firm? Is it cheaper to hire the radio/other bits than uber? In a crisis, who is likely to go bust first, and put you into redundancy? I haven’t had a taxi for years, but I always stuck with my local one, rather than the big boys when I did. Help your local business and all that 🙂 it’s your choice at the end of the day, but I would look at what other drivers from uber have put on a job review website before making any decisions. 🙂 good luck, whatever you decide to do.

PsychicSnail WANTED $111
    Outlaw

Okay matey here’s some real reviews from people who have actually worked for the company.

UBER:

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/uber-reviews-SRCH_KE0,4.htm

OTA:

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/ola-reviews-SRCH_KE0,3.htm

You may need to register on the site to access the reviews and I haven’t read through the to check how useful they are. Glassdoor is usually very good though as people can vent anonymously about their employer without fear of repercussions.

GIRTH32 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

Thanks for the advice winningbird and psychicsnail will check things hopefully make right decision

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Some good advice in there and then there Eejit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way @GIRTH32 good luck going onwards.

Smig WANTED $23
    Outlaw

my brother works for delta (taxi firm in Liverpool) and he tried uber for a few weeks he said it wasn’t the best hardly got work. but this was when they started coming to the UK so it prob has changed but he just went back to delta and nothing changed

Anonymous WANTED $110
    Inactive

I order uber all time I travel to New York London Frankfurt or Moscow never had problem,good think about it they don’t make you wait for long,price is not bad,I know on big towns lot use uber not many order mini cab, good luck

GIRTH32 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

Thanks again for advice booked to a appointment on 27th of this month so see how it goes from there

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)