Yanny or Laurel though…. really?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

I don’t know if the mrs is having a laugh with me but the clip she keeps playing, i can’t fathom how it doesn’t say “Laurel”, she tells me i need a hearing aid lol

I guess i need to put a link of it up but hmmmm, that would involve some work, i am sure you have heard it by now! What did you hear?

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

When I heard it once on the radio it did sound like yanny, but then I listened to it on repeat a few times and now I can’t hear anything other than laurel ?

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

It’s a bizarre one that is for sure, do you remember the dress one from a bit back? White and Gold or Blue and Black?!

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

Yeah, I saw white and gold with that one ?  maybe with a slight hint of blue in the white bit

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

all i hear is fanny

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

benq99 wrote:

all i hear is fanny

Wow you can actually hear fanny, you are talented haha 😀

Metplus3 WANTED $4
    Outlaw

Only ever heard laurel but everyone else here hears yanny. Doing my tits in arguing with them about it! So no you don’t need hearing aids everyone else is wrong ?

wondersie WANTED $17
    Outlaw

The dress is white and gold………….

…oh uhm….. it’s clearly Laurel, but if it’s sped up like 100x theres a yanny sound… simples

Thirstypotato WANTED $28
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

I don’t know if the mrs is having a laugh with me but the clip she keeps playing, i can’t fathom how it doesn’t say “Laurel”, she tells me i need a hearing aid lol

I guess i need to put a link of it up but hmmmm, that would involve some work, i am sure you have heard it by now! What did you hear?

Haha. I think it largely depends what output you use when you’re listening to it. If I’m playing it on my phone, I hear ‘Laurel’, if I plug in some earphones then I hear ‘Yanni’. It’s all to do with the frequency of the device that you’re playing it out of. Devices set to a higher frequency will play ‘Yanni’ and those with a lower frequency will play ‘Laurel’. Older people are more likely to hear ‘Laurel’ as they tend to lose the ability to pick up higher frequencies due to audiological degeneration. You’re not going crazy folks.

Jwjcarrol1984 WANTED $14
    Outlaw

Laurel

slotking74 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

I hear Yanny the wife and daughter hears Laurel, maybe that’s why i cant understand women, hmmm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)