would you do the same ?????

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nostromo332 WANTED $18
    Blocked

A few years ago i was in the bookies after work and there was only 2 of us playing FOBS. the guy next to me playing roulette walks outside, thinking he had nothing more to play with, after a few minutes he didn’t return,  but as i looked at the screen he had actually won on his last spin.

i went outside to have a look in case he was on a smoke break or on the phone but no one was there.

so what do i do with  a £460 winning  ticket ready to print out?……………….

you have to remember that there was cctv in all the areas near the doors and machines, so what i did was print off the ticket and hand it in and tell staff what had happened. they said they knew the person concerned and not to worry.

i never did find out who the person was or indeed if he got his “winnings” back

i know i did the right thing as i would have been guilty had it been found out on cctv etc etc.

and i would have been barred from the bookies for a long time. its always best to be honest in my view as you have nothing to feel guilty about it later. no doubt the staff shared it out maybe —– we will never find out.    so beware of something that might come back to haunt you.

sidders WANTED $21
    Outlaw

Ermmmmmmm, Finders keepers ? ?

Honesty is the best possibly my friend

Rob2k94 WANTED $17
    Outlaw

Due some good karma there bud. May the God of slots be with you.

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

ooOOOoooh tough one haha but yeah, i would have done the same, done it many times with stuff i have found like that!

My instant karma one day…. I had found a brand new iphone on the train so i called the “home” number and said i would post it back so i did, well later that day i left my wallet on the bus, it had £780 in it as i had just left the arcade…. i was £900 in to a machine and managed a comeback of £780 lol but anyway, back to the bus, i left my wallet on the bus and as it set off i realised, luckily it got held up at lights and i was able to get back on, found my wallet where i had been sitting….. cash gone! Bastards! It had been the last stop where i and everyone else had got off so basically, someone saw me leave it behind, said fuck all and swiped the cash!

nostromo332 WANTED $18
    Blocked

At the end of the day i think the staff member cashed it in and kept quiet,luckily i don,t venture in very often and go straight home from work.

nostromo332 WANTED $18
    Blocked

The Bandit wrote:

ooOOOoooh tough one haha but yeah, i would have done the same, done it many times with stuff i have found like that!

My instant karma one day…. I had found a brand new iphone on the train so i called the “home” number and said i would post it back so i did, well later that day i left my wallet on the bus, it had £780 in it as i had just left the arcade…. i was £900 in to a machine and managed a comeback of £780 lol but anyway, back to the bus, i left my wallet on the bus and as it set off i realised, luckily it got held up at lights and i was able to get back on, found my wallet where i had been sitting….. cash gone! Bastards! It had been the last stop where i and everyone else had got off so basically, someone saw me leave it behind, said fuck all and swiped the cash!

i will be 20 miles away from you in 4 weeks time mr bandit (just a little way north at a  shopping centre),i am staying for 3 days so dont leave your wallet where i can find it lol. Ah yes i forgot its locked away for the asda shopping trip. but yes being honest sometimes pays.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

You definitely did the right thing bud. Honesty is the best policy.

I always think, if it was me in that situation, what would you want someone else to do?

SIIVION WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Yes definately the right thing to do but I would have asked for proof it was given to the guy by leaving my number for him to call when he received it. It’s a fair ol’ whack £460.

nostromo332 WANTED $18
    Blocked

it was 3 yrs ago so i do not think i will get to know that outcome

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)