What’s the appeal ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sidders WANTED $21
    Outlaw

Hi troops, going a bit deep in this question.

What draws you to play a particular slot? Why do we play them ? Is it the Lights ? Bonuses? Way it looks? Not having really to think just hit a button ? Dopamine rushing around your brain ? The reels rolling in a rhythmic way? The possibility of winning big from reasonable stakes?

We know we are gonna lose money in the long run so what’s the draw ?

Personally for me it’s just a buzz and entertainment, if I win that’s a bonus as I expect to lose.Its bizarre really as I’d never set fire to £200 ??

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

To most people it’s a form of escape that turns into addiction usually from a low self esteem or when hard times land… For me playing Fruits was a way to get away from the violence in my Scheme when young and the lights, music usually attracted me to a particular slot, then I discovered I could hit all the skill chances on the old slots and that was me away running after all the Skill based slots… lol I even raided the Grabbers in the shows for teddy’s ???

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

For most people it’s actually about that big win or big wins and cash out. Let’s be honest here (no offence intended) while it is a great escape, even for me, I’m not going to any arcade or playing online with a first motive of escape and throwing money away. Sure, I know that can be all I get but after decades like many of us, look at all the people you know who play. They all want the same big wins and to cash out a worthy sum of money, however much that may be.

I’m supposed to go out tonight but I’ve got only £8. I can’t go.. let’s have a flutter. £80 later and I’m going out tonight.

There are many scenarios; change, both the amount and the goal also the risk factor, the tilt factor, the loss and suffer factor.

How many people do you see win or lose or break even that don’t either look happy or are miffed at a slight win or loss or are broken and broke. Most of them.

The psychology of slots is deep but the motive has always been the same for the vendor and usually the customer. I see whole families go to arcades and they pool their money go their own ways on slots, work together on other slots and try to make or break. Sure, they may have fun, they can get tilted. This isn’t really the penny arcade with 2p 10p push machines for tickets and tatty prizes.

I’ve seen destitute losses, oh well losses, couldn’t give a fcuk losses and the last two for wins and punch the air wins. Me or someone else. Thousands of times. Sure, I have seen the battery players, sharks too… but it’s mostly all about the benjamins.

My take on it anyway, based on years of being around it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)