U.S. Open 2018

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

The next Major this year the U.S. Open is on from June 14th to the 17th at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, Southampton, New York with a purse of $12,000,000. We can expect a lot of great golf as always but who do you think is going to win?

shades1 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Hi , glad to see a golf page up , im an avid punter myself and post a lot on a sister forum that you may or may not know about , pretty sure you know where i mean 🙂

Shinnecock is one of the toughest golf courses in America , with a combined score of -5 from the last 3 open winners , if the wind blows this tournament could be won at level par over 72 holes .

i done a google search of tough US courses the other day and what i read was laughable and makes me wonder how some of these golf writers actually got the job , mentioned many times was Sawgrass that Webb Simpson and many others behind him ripped apart a couple of weeks ago , and very little mention of brute’s such as Oakmont or Winged Foot or Shinnecock that will bring players to their knees as history has proven .

i do not see a young gun winning this , i see a more mature winner that knows how to grind it out over the distance , on what iv seen over the last couple of months and his progression back from injury i feel Tiger Woods has to be top of my short list for the win . if you can find 20/1 anywhere i suggest you snap it up as i believe come the final day he will be looming large .

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Cant see Tiger, his putting isnt strong enough…

Jordan Speith has a great shot, as does Justin Rose, lower down Matthew Fitzpatrick, Wesley Bryan is a huge outsider at the odds for me E/W (he wont win but sits a fun gamble), I actually think Dustin Johnson has the best chance this year, its a good course set up for him,

The Bandit WANTED $5,350
    El Bandito

shades1 wrote:

Hi , glad to see a golf page up , im an avid punter myself and post a lot on a sister forum that you may or may not know about , pretty sure you know where i mean ?

Shinnecock is one of the toughest golf courses in America , with a combined score of -5 from the last 3 open winners , if the wind blows this tournament could be won at level par over 72 holes .

i done a google search of tough US courses the other day and what i read was laughable and makes me wonder how some of these golf writers actually got the job , mentioned many times was Sawgrass that Webb Simpson and many others behind him ripped apart a couple of weeks ago , and very little mention of brute’s such as Oakmont or Winged Foot or Shinnecock that will bring players to their knees as history has proven .

i do not see a young gun winning this , i see a more mature winner that knows how to grind it out over the distance , on what iv seen over the last couple of months and his progression back from injury i feel Tiger Woods has to be top of my short list for the win . if you can find 20/1 anywhere i suggest you snap it up as i believe come the final day he will be looming large .

Feel free to mention any other forums mate, i don’t want it to turn into somewhere people feel they can’t talk about anywhere else, all chat is welcomed 😀

Interesting write up there mate so we don’t expect a course battering basically, i’m thinking maybe Mickleson might have a chance. Henrik Stenson too and maybe i will add in Mr Woods on your tip, i think i will go with them 3!

Andyg81 WANTED $4
    Outlaw

Think Louis Oosthuizen is a good outside bet. Also backing Patrick Reed.

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Hi , glad to see a golf page up , im an avid punter myself and post a lot on a sister forum that you may or may not know about , pretty sure you know where i mean

i do not see a young gun winning this , i see a more mature winner that knows how to grind it out over the distance , on what iv seen over the last couple of months and his progression back from injury i feel Tiger Woods has to be top of my short list for the win . if you can find 20/1 anywhere i suggest you snap it up as i believe come the final day he will be looming large

Great read pal very informative ?

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

It was redesigned in the mid 2000’s by Ben crenshaw oddly. But then prior to the Open this year then took the fairways in by a fair few yards so it “should” be won by a score around -4 to -8 id think. If the wind goes nuts then +8 🙂

Its oddly a course suited for Luke Donald about 14 years ago haha

MossyEFC WANTED $4
    Outlaw

Never like watching the Us Open. Hate seeing the best players in the world struggle. I want to see them having as many birdies as possible.

It would be like watching Messi play football on a bobberly pitch.

shades1 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

MossyEFC wrote:

Never like watching the Us Open. Hate seeing the best players in the world struggle. I want to see them having as many birdies as possible.

It would be like watching Messi play football on a bobberly pitch.

so you want to see the same as what we see 50 times a year already . major championships should be a proper test and this will be .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)