The Value of Money

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

I’d just like to see if anyone else in here has the same view about the value of money when you’re gambling please

I’ve gambled all my life and had fat more downs than ups, but lately (fingers crossed), I’ve got it under control..,.. The thing that strikes me is, I’m happy to deposit every spare penny (could be up to £1k) per month and lose it, knowing I could get through that month OK….. But put me in control of am Asda trolley and if I can save 50p from a multi buy, I’m all over it!!!

Just find it strange that I’m OK with losing an all inclusive holiday for 2 in Tenerife every month, but God forbid I miss out on 2 for 1 pepperamis ?

I’d love to hear Bandits view too if possible, as I’m only dealing in carrots and cauliflowers but he’s up to yachts and supercars.

But I think the same principle applies…… Gamblers don’t treat money as money, they treat it as gambling tokens….its when you can differentiate between the 2 you have a chance

Cheers

k6kaysix WANTED $51
    Outlaw

I think every gambler has this mindset, also only a handful of times did I ever get a big win and think right I’m off to buy xyz, in fact I remember one particular session when the iPhone 4 came out I was in the arcade, Gold £500 pot on Neptune’s Treasure, Gold £500 pot on Tutti Fruity then a £250 odd Silver pot on Mummy Money, all I had to do was walk NEXT DOOR to the Vodafone shop and buy one, of course I didn’t and ended up losing the dosh over the rest of the day!

Then you would have the days where you would be £400 up but then lose £100 and chase it (WHY?!), only to be £600 later and thinking ‘oops!’

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Me personally always class it as money at all times and I think everyone should. If you don’t you may as well play demo mode

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Me personally i think it boils down to if you are a person who goes through your daily life paying for say your lunch or your shopping daily with cash or you are like me a digital guy and just tap and go or insert card and press in the pin. I think this gives maybe some people a different mentality with a digital amount on screen next to a slot. For people who use cash this may make the thought of a number on screen less of a OOOoooo that’s a few hundred quid as opposed to me i’m like digital cash is cash there’s no difference still though does not or wouldn’t stop me sometimes just doing my cake in lol.

FreeStyle WANTED $22
    Outlaw

I think I have to side with @ayma4quit on this one, but in just a slightly different light.

I normally get paid to bank or by cheque, so its a balance on the screen. £200 off that balance doesn’t seem to hit the same as if I were to go and lift that money and feed £200 into a fobt. I would lose my shit if I done that.

As far as winning goes, ANY time I win money which exceeds my original deposit, I already think about what that can buy. It keeps me level. I’m not sure that all of you have children, but my strategy is to think about what I can buy the little man. £200 up, that’s a trip round Smyths Toy Store. Also, I find that if I have an expendable float, if I got to £200 up, lose it and have £200 left. I would stop, and use that £200 for something for the thing I could have bought.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

I was very much like this as a gambler; wouldn’t spend £7 on a decent steak for my dinner because I’d think that was crazy expensive for one meal, but would cheerfully piss away enough to enjoy a steak dinner with wine for every day for a month in a single night online.

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

I tried to explain it to my sister once after I lost enough to buy a car.. The difference between spending £600 in a session and refusing to pay £6 on a bottle of fancy shampoo is that the six quid is 100% going to give you no return, so a loss basically where as every penny spent of that 600 is a potential profit and in the mind of a gambler that makes the decision to “invest” far easier than to lose £6 when you could have gone to pound land and “invested” another fiver

Hope that makes sense, I’m drunk in the sun ☀ ? ?

bishman WANTED $55
    Outlaw

The thing that stands in my mind is walking around a supermarket after spunking all your wages in the slots, with just enough change left to buy milk and bread, and looking at all the ‘wonderful’ foods on the shelves that you can’t afford

ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

FreeStyle wrote:

I think I have to side with @ayma4quit on this one, but in just a slightly different light.

I normally get paid to bank or by cheque, so its a balance on the screen. £200 off that balance doesn’t seem to hit the same as if I were to go and lift that money and feed £200 into a fobt. I would lose my shit if I done that.

As far as winning goes, ANY time I win money which exceeds my original deposit, I already think about what that can buy. It keeps me level. I’m not sure that all of you have children, but my strategy is to think about what I can buy the little man. £200 up, that’s a trip round Smyths Toy Store. Also, I find that if I have an expendable float, if I got to £200 up, lose it and have £200 left. I would stop, and use that £200 for something for the thing I could have bought.

Nail struck firmly on the head mate….. This is me through and through. I could always take money out if I won, but fuck me, would I chase it if I lost!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)