Tax question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Hey guys, I’m pretty bored at work so was trying to work out if I’m owed a tax rebate this year but I’m pretty terrible at stuff like this.

I was just wondering as I’m paid monthly for the previous month if anyone knows if when I’m paid next month 15th April for work done in March will that count towards the new tax year or previous?

Like I said I haven’t got a clue when it comes to taxes ?

alligata WANTED $6
    Outlaw

Green2711 wrote:

Hey guys, I’m pretty bored at work so was trying to work out if I’m owed a tax rebate this year but I’m pretty terrible at stuff like this.

I was just wondering as I’m paid monthly for the previous month if anyone knows if when I’m paid next month 15th April for work done in March will that count towards the new tax year or previous?

New tax year starts 6th April, so this will fall into the new tax year.

cheers

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

alligata wrote:

Green2711 wrote:

New tax year starts 6th April, so this will fall into the new tax year.

cheers

Thanks for the reply matey! I thought it might just wasn’t entirely sure, looks like I’m owed some money then…a trip to Amsterdam may be on the cards in April ?

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

Would you like it in cash with wagering requirements, or free spins on starburst ?

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

thunderball6 wrote:

Would you like it in cash with wagering requirements, or free spins on starburst ?

Haha ?? I’ll take the cash and try my luck on Paint 😛

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Tax can be an absolute nightmare to calculate. The HMRC online portal is really useful though, allows you to check your tax, national insurance, update benefits etc.

https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Just don’t pay tax, job done haha.

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Cheers Bio but shouldn’t be too hard to work out. I’ll get my final pay slip of the year next week then it’s just a case of deducting my total pay from £11,500 (tax free allowance) and taking 20% from that amount and taking it away from the total income tax paid YTD. I reckon they will owe me something in the region of £200-250 at a quick estimate, not a huge sum but almost a weeks wage! 🙂

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

When you get your p60 you will be able to see what you have earnt in the last financial year. If at any point you’ve been on emergency tax or your earnings are less than i think its £10500 and you have paid tax then you would be eligible for a tax rebate.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)