Small business ideas

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Thisgirl2019 WANTED $121
    Outlaw

I wish you all the luck eightblack!

If all else fails you could always do party look a likes for jack sparrow ?

Malkychamp WANTED $486
    Outlaw

Philinvicta wrote:

Malkychamp wrote:

if there is no commercial car washes in your area mobile valeting could be a good option and easy to do

You would need a reasonable amount of capital to set the vehicle up with equipment  and also not much use with a driving ban

Van and a pressure washer few other tools but not really that many. My father done it for years after retiring. Must of missed the bit where he said he had a driving ban but OP said about an ice cream truck so doubt he has a ban

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Malkychamp wrote:

Philinvicta wrote:

Malkychamp wrote:

if there is no commercial car washes in your area mobile valeting could be a good option and easy to do

You would need a reasonable amount of capital to set the vehicle up with equipment  and also not much use with a driving ban

Van and a pressure washer few other tools but not really that many. My father done it for years after retiring. Must of missed the bit where he said he had a driving ban but OP said about an ice cream truck so doubt he has a ban

No I do have a ban I’m sorry to say, I was talking about the peddle trikes with the fridge thing on the front which sell traditional ice creams and coffee and stuff

Malkychamp WANTED $486
    Outlaw

apologies must have missed that depending on how long the ban is look into match betting build your balance and take it from there  😀

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Malkychamp wrote:

apologies must have missed that depending on how long the ban is look into match betting build your balance and take it from there  ?

Ive been meaning to look into it as it happens, I remember the Bandit mentioning it once. D<span style=”font-size: 1rem;”>o you need to know much about football to do it? Cos I couldn’t even tell you how many people are in a team ?</span>

It’s over in October but I don’t actually have a licence (hence the ban) I checked what a moped would cost to insure for a year and it was just shy of two grand ? so it looks like I’ll be a bus wanker/cyclist for some time yet

Malkychamp WANTED $486
    Outlaw

No football or sports knowledge needed. Plenty of guides out there search team profit they got plenty guides for free

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Thisgirl2019 wrote:

I wish you all the luck eightblack!

If all else fails you could always do party look a likes for jack sparrow ?

Haha thanks thisgirl, I’ll take that compliment ?

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

The driving ban is a nightmare I checked what insurance would be on a moped and it was nearly 2k ? that’s was the reason I was thinking of one of those trikes with the freezer and the little umbrella and I live in a very touristy area so the summer would be decent and I wouldn’t mind working part time in the winter to cover myself so because I’d have something going myself if that makes sense although ice cream is just an idea as it’s high margin and popular at the beach and I’m a pretty good sales person so with an quirky little trike it could be quite good traditional coffee was another idea on the same principal as ice cream

Cheers for all the advice and tips guys,

Philinvicta WANTED $12
    Outlaw

I hope you find an opportunity.   Have a chat with an advisor  maybe at a local job centre  or citizens advice might be able to point you in the right direction. You may be eligible for a start up grant which would help out.  Also look into everything you may have to pay out.   A lot of councils will not grant a licence to trade without proof of public liability insurance.   I am not trying to be negative just trying to point out some of the pitfalls.  Maybe look for another job in the mean time and set about saving up a bit of capital as a buffer.

Do you know the capital outlay that would be needed for one of those ice cream cycles with the freezer ?

Philinvicta WANTED $12
    Outlaw

Traditional Ice cream bike

This might give some ideas

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Just saw an Advert for an ice cream bike on Gumtree and fhe figures might be useful, not least that it is based on your area

It is complete with parasol, Factory fitted electric motor by Divinci Electric Motors Liverpool. Complete with thermal wash basin fitted to the bike, also a custom-made trailer, for holding stock. A 1KW generator for running the fridge unit when out and about, there is also other 2 KW Generator for when you are at events. Two freezers to store the ice creams in and extension leads. There is everything you need to go straight to work. I’m selling the ice cream bike due to moving area, I was working in Bournemouth, and for family reasons moved to Cheshire. The electric system is amazing which cost £1500, it has a running time of around 12\15 miles before charging again. Asking price £2000 for everything. In take hourly £80 to £120 at the Bournemouth air show, On average just out and about £50 to £70 an hour. Whoever buys her and works her properly you can make a good living.

Not sure how much of that is hype as the guy wants to sell his bike, but its also interesting that you can rent yourself out to weddings and parties and in the summer if you can get there.

Just be a bit more diplomatic than the ice cream lady around my area.  When I asked her for a 69 she punched me in the nose 🙂

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Philinvicta wrote:

Traditional Ice cream bike

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Traditional Ice cream bike” — The Cargo Bike Company” src=”https://www.cargobike.co.uk/product/ice-cream-tricycle/embed/#?secret=uUJSQhIQZO&#8221; width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”uUJSQhIQZO”></iframe>

This might give some ideas

That’s the exact website I was looking at, with all the licences and stuff I’d need as well I reckon in reality it’s more like a 6k start up, hopefully this compensation which is pretty much in the bag will be enough plus,

On that note does anyone have any ideas what I might get, basically I was working for another shop and had occasional warehouse duties to collect items for customers, receive deliveries and what not, I had no manual training, was given no ppe and it was pretty unsafe in there so one day I was helping a customer and on my way through a slab of solid oak fell and snapped my big toe they’ve admitted liability so now they’re just reviewing the medical records etc… My mates reckon a grand or two but thats just a guess

Kaoria WANTED $1
    Outlaw

I’d say know your market first. If you like the idea, doesn’t mean that it is going to be a success. Do some research: find out what do people search for in your niche and area by using keyword tool planner – https://ads.google.com/home/tools/keyword-planner/. Here are some great tips if you decide to start selling online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wfqyRLyMvU, https://www.oberlo.com/blog/online-business-ideas

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)