Roulette volatility

This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gavster1989 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Big fan of rolla and bandit

Just asked rolla if he thought roulette was highly volatile or low volatile. I was surprised at his response saying its high for him because of the way he plays.

Surely the volatility doesnt change because of the way you play. For example doa highly volatile if I’m playing 9p spins and bandit is doing 9 quid spins it’s no more volatile for either player.

What’s your opinions.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

The volatility of roulette is determined by how many numbers you cover, simple as that. Rolla tends to put a lot on six or seven numbers on a particular wheel section. Obviously if you cover 30 numbers you’re a lot more likely to get a hit but for a much lower proportionate return on your bet. And obviously if you play immersive roulette, you can cover 36 out of 37 numbers and still lose.

awesomex WANTED $136
    Outlaw

argyl53 wrote:

The volatility of roulette is determined by how many numbers you cover, simple as that. Rolla tends to put a lot on six or seven numbers on a particular wheel section. Obviously if you cover 30 numbers you’re a lot more likely to get a hit but for a much lower proportionate return on your bet. And obviously if you play immersive roulette, you can cover 36 out of 37 numbers and still lose.

This. It’s pretty self explanatory.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

argyl53 wrote:

In addition to this, Rolla tends to play almost ‘momentum’ roulette. So he’ll often start with £250, get up to £900 to £1600ish let’s say, then he’ll go all in again, and perhaps again until he has a beefy balance or go bust. So that is an extremely volatile method of playing roulette. Big returns, but big risks.

Same as momentum strategy on blackjack that you may witness Kim play – it’s exactly the same RTP, but he relies on streaks rather than each hand individually, so the potential returns are higher, but so is the volatility/risk.

Gavster1989 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Great comments and in reality because of stake sizes ect it can be quite volatile. But say it was maxed £9 on one number and you have a chance at 35 to 1 this in my opinion isn’t volatile compared to doa. Going by games on single spins rather than overall session. I do appreciate everyone’s comments and just looking at other people’s views.

Gavster1989 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

My question was how volatile would you say roulette was compared to doa say from 1 to doa10. Maybe I should have been clearer.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Gavster1989 wrote:

My question was how volatile would you say roulette was compared to doa say from 1 to doa10. Maybe I should have been clearer.

You’re comparing apples and oranges. The volatility on a slot is fixed; you can change your stake but you can’t change your odds of winning on any given spin. In roulette you can, so there’s no comparison to be made. The volatility of roulette is up to you as the player. Lowest possible volatility is covering 35 numbers for a 95% chance of getting about 102% of your stake back, highest possible volatility is putting your entire stake on one number.

STH2020 WANTED $38
    Outlaw

I like the way Rolla plays roulette, his strategy is quite volatile but the rewards ( as I am sure we have all seen with some of his videos ) can be really rewarding if he goes on a heater.

Personally I play roulette with less volatility ( I cover 12 – 15 numbers generally )but in doing so I win more frequently than Rolla does, but unless I have had a few winning numbers I will never win as much back as he does on one spin.

Lightening roulette is much more volatile. The odds of a normal winning spin is less, but if the lightening number picks your number the payouts can be insanse. I have had a 150x and 100x both land with 20 and 30 pound on respectivley and was in a neighbour bed when it was 400x on zero but landed in 26 when I had 20 pound on it. I will probably never get a closer chance at an 8k winning spin again. But I do enjoy it more than normal roulette despite the worse odds

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)