Rejoining gamstop

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mattywest11 WANTED $30
    Outlaw

I originally signed up to gamstop for 6 months but kept this going a lot longer as I found it extremely helpful. I temporarily removed the ban for Cheltenham festival but always had the intention of signing back up at close of play on Friday as I knew I would be tempted to play away all the profit I made over the festival which stood at around the £600 mark.

i was very surprised when I was told by the online support that to rejoin gamstop they need 2 forms of your address, and 2 forms of ID one of which you must be clearly present holding your ID! After this is accepted you must wait a further 24 hours before the ban is in place.

this surprised me as it’s so easy to initially sign up, and only a phone call and a 24 hour cooling off period to remove the ban after the time has expired, yet it seems much harder to get back involved in the scheme.

I sent my documents off on Saturday evening and am yet to hear back so I’m still unsure as to when I will be back signed up, I will be relieved when that time comes to save the temptation!

Surely you would think if documents are required, they would need to be sent on the original sign up and it would be the extension which was the easier to do?

Just a heads up as I know a few were currently on bans and were unsure whether or not to keep their bans going, just be aware of the measures you will need to go through if you did want to get signed up again!

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I’m due to finish 6 months early may so thanks for the heads up as i didn’t know the process.

mattywest11 WANTED $30
    Outlaw

No problem mate I remember a conversation about it last week. My advice would be if you were happy to keep it off then go ahead, but if you were only looking to remove it for a short term frame like a festival such as in my case then I wouldn’t bother as it seems to be a very time consuming and awkward process to get back involved in (proof of address on letters no more than 3 months old for example, as I’ve not had any online accounts I’ve had no valid documents stored on my laptop so had to dig them out)

the original removal process isn’t too bad at all so If you felt like you wanted to return to online gambling don’t let me put you off, I was just rather shocked when it wasn’t a case of logging in, clicking the time frame and confirming another exclusion!

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Well that could easy influence my decision what you’ve said there. I know full well if i came off it i would go back on it at some point. People would say why come off it all. Well that’s just the way i am. It’s like i need a bad hit to make me do it but if its as complicated as you say to rejoin then i may stay off altogether. I do use mates account for poker and things but obviously i can’t deposit and he lets me put the odd tenner in. So  no risk there. I appreciate you thinking of others on here mate. That’s great advice as you know first hand what the process is.

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

If you stay with someone get them to put a block on your Internet provider for over 18’s stuff atm… ???

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Well that could easy influence my decision what you’ve said there. I know full well if i came off it i would go back on it at some point. People would say why come off it all. Well that’s just the way i am. It’s like i need a bad hit to make me do it but if its as complicated as you say to rejoin then i may stay off altogether. I do use mates account for poker and things but obviously i can’t deposit and he lets me put the odd tenner in. So  no risk there. I appreciate you thinking of others on here mate. That’s great advice as you know first hand what the process is.

You sound like me brother, never wanting to fully stop as I actually enjoy the gamble/chase and sometimes the pain of having to laugh at myself for going overboard for the unpteenth time. ?

McGheese WANTED $6
    Outlaw

It took me ages to rejoin GAMSTOP, I originally signed up for 6 months and after it expired I started playing straight away, was trying to sign up again and I sent docs twice still I was able to play. It took 78 days to rejoin, it only happened after I withdrew 4k at vera john. Unsure whether that triggered them noticing

mattywest11 WANTED $30
    Outlaw

McGheese wrote:

It took me ages to rejoin GAMSTOP, I originally signed up for 6 months and after it expired I started playing straight away, was trying to sign up again and I sent docs twice still I was able to play. It took 78 days to rejoin, it only happened after I withdrew 4k at vera john. Unsure whether that triggered them noticing

As I still had no confirmation/ rejection of my documents I went onto the live chat this morning, they informed me that my documents were accepted and it would take 7 days to get the ban in place again. I then asked them why documents were needed to rejoin but not to sign up, they told me the reason documentation is needed is to verify that it is in fact you that wants to rejoin, as they already have all details from the original sign up, they require additional info to make sure that it is in fact you wanting to rejoin and not someone on your behalf which I guess makes sense.

78 days is a crazy period of time, maybe they required extra documentation to process the ban but never informed you? They only confirmed my documents were accepted because I asked them!

I hope you still got paid the 4K? I’d be worried that Vera John could have seen you reapplied for gamstop and found a way to avoid a payout!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)