Lightning Roulette

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

Am I being a bit thick, but the whole point of roulette gives the house a very slight (3%ish??) edge….. So with lightning Roulette offering silly odds on numbers, wouldn’t it be long term profitable to cover every number, every spin??

Apologies if I’m way off the mark here, not done the maths properly, just an observation

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

It doesn’t always land a lightning number. So no.

ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

Rbreen91 wrote:

It doesn’t always land a lightning number. So no.

Obviously they don’t alway land on a lightning number, but they are applied on every spin, so you lose 1X every spin, until it does land….. What am I missing??

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Does lightning roulette only pay 30/1 instead of normal roulette 35/1 ?

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

Correct!

30 to 1, so you’re losing quite a lot each spin. The RTP works out.

Dynamik23 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

ayma4quit wrote:

Am I being a bit thick, but the whole point of roulette gives the house a very slight (3%ish??) edge….. So with lightning Roulette offering silly odds on numbers, wouldn’t it be long term profitable to cover every number, every spin??

Apologies if I’m way off the mark here, not done the maths properly, just an observation

You only get 30-1 on a number. I don’t know and I’ve searched but couldn’t find it, but my intuition tells me the house edge is higher on lightning roulette than European roulette. There are strategy’s that say you should just cover every number as when you hit the 500x you should be slightly up or winning but it’s basically the martingale where its lower volatility but you’ll still be down at the end of it all.

ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

If that’s the case, that’s my question answered thankyou Haz….. Didn’t know that was the case.

ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

Biohazard wrote:

Haz40 wrote:

Correct!

30 to 1, so you’re losing quite a lot each spin. The RTP works out.

Thankyou, didn’t realise it only paid 30/1……Question answered, and moving onto the next moneymaking project ??

ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

Dynamik23 wrote:

ayma4quit wrote:

You only get 30-1 on a number. I don’t know and I’ve searched but couldn’t find it, but my intuition tells me the house edge is higher on lightning roulette than European roulette. There are strategy’s that say you should just cover every number as when you hit the 500x you should be slightly up or winning but it’s basically the martingale where its lower volatility but you’ll still be down at the end of it all.

Cheers Dynamik…..The old case of when something appears too good to be true, it usually is. Didn’t know it paid 30/1 per spin.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

It’s actually slightly worse at 29/1 (not 30/1) and be careful if you do play that you don’t accidentally bet splits/corners etc as you do not get the lightening odds at all (not even apportioned etc) it only applies on straight up bets!

Dynamik23 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Tricky0212 wrote:

It’s actually slightly worse at 29/1 (not 30/1) and be careful if you do play that you don’t accidentally bet splits/corners etc as you do not get the lightening odds at all (not even apportioned etc) it only applies on straight up bets!

Oh shit it’s 30-1 with your bet. Well that’s wank. When it says 30-1 I automatically assume it’s the same as live roulette where it’s 35-1 and you keep your bet. So it’s actually 29-1. That’s fucking horrendous. Do you know the house edge for the game? I’ve searched and searched and can’t find it.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Dynamik23 wrote:

Tricky0212 wrote:

Oh shit it’s 30-1 with your bet. Well that’s wank. When it says 30-1 I automatically assume it’s the same as live roulette where it’s 35-1 and you keep your bet. So it’s actually 29-1. That’s fucking horrendous. Do you know the house edge for the game? I’ve searched and searched and can’t find it.

Yeah it’s petty poor, but attracts people with the excitement of hitting 2/3/4/500 x on a number.

Im pretty good with numbers/math but honestly can’t calculate the house edge on this one – I think there are too many variables to make it possible as each spin it selects a random amount of numbers to enhance (I think between 1-5) and enhances each one by a random amount from 50x – 500x. It then of course has to land on one of those numbers which is another random event.

I think with enough sample data you could estimate a rough house edge etc, but it’s probably going to be like the calculation of the hypothetical interest rate of premium bonds – whilst it can be estimated everyone’s experience will be different and the edge will never have a constant but more a fluctuating range (my best guess is anything from 7%-15%)

dkwyw WANTED $5
    Outlaw

Lightning Roulette RTP works out at 97.1% on straight up bets and 97.3% on all other bets which is in-line with most other roulette tables.

French Roulette has a RTP of 97.3% on straight, split, corner and street bets, but this increases to 98.65% on red/black, odd/even, and 1-18/19-36 bets due to La Partage.

American Roulette which has an RTP of 94.7% on all bets due to the extra green 00.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)