laptop help please

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

ok as you might know i had to sell my pc to get money towards my dentist,so only thing i have for internet is a old laptop problem is it is so slow even trying to watch video on youtube it will freeze up and crash to a blue screen  and wont even play fruit machines on freeplay..it is on windows 7 and has 40 gig hard disk and 2 mega memory i think thats correct.i thought it must  need windows 10 i have a cd with windows 10 on but every time i put disk in it shows the disk and says install then says not enough memory to install windows 10.is there any way i can fix am i doing any thing wrong i just want to get fix as i cant even watch the bandits next video HELP

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

its a compaq 6910p if that helps

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

I don’t think 40gb is enough to run windows ten on without it being slow as fuck if it’ll even fit on there..

If you don’t mind wiping everything on there and only really want it for Internet use I’d recommend fuckin Windows off and installing Linux Ubuntu, that’s what ive done and its quick as fuck and takes up about 8gb of hard disk space

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Bare minimum requriments

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.
    RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.
    Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS.
    Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
    Display: 800×600

Recommended

processor: 2.5 GHz Dual Core (Faster is better)
    RAM :- 4 GB (2018 Atleast 8 GB)
    HDD 320GB
    GPU :- any (Nvidia Tiatan v is the Best)
    Display :- 1920X1080 (Full HD)

Windows 10 would run like a dog – I assume you are trying to install the 32Bit version.

I personally would recommend getting a clean Windows 7 disk and doing a complete install,. making sure you have donwloaded all the necessary drivers for your laptop first

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

I would also say that the laptop needs a fresh software install anyway.  BSOD’s tend to be a thing of the past, I have been running Windows 7 for years now and have never seen one.

Another thought which occurred to me, and I am not an IT genius is that if the system is using some of the RAM for video graphics, and you are trying to install the 64X version of W10, then your system would not have sufficient RAM (2GB) left to install

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

intel core duo is in it,i think it is just to old and dont understand te workings o laptops

realcropsnagger WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Yeah i’m a tech guy myself.

You’re going to struggle even trying to run the bare minimum. You probs have loads of bloatware on there which doesn’t help. I’d recommend getting some RAM if you can to make it a bit faster but probs hard to find DDR-1 Ram nowadays :/

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

realcropsnagger wrote:

Yeah i’m a tech guy myself.

You’re going to struggle even trying to run the bare minimum. You probs have loads of bloatware on there which doesn’t help. I’d recommend getting some RAM if you can to make it a bit faster but probs hard to find DDR-1 Ram nowadays :/

That model uses DDR2 memory, CEX has DDR2 2GB memory for laptop at £1 a stick

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

You probably need 2 sticks as you should really replace both, I suspect you have 2 x 1GB sticks in at the moment and you really need the full 4GB

Easy to do, see video below,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KRGbmTSh44w#fauxfullscreen

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

its all good i will get a new pc when i can offered one .my 10 year old son sorted it.after pissing about all day to try to get this crap to play bandits video on you tube my son ask dad what you doing i told him cant get this to run on you tube,he walks off and comes back with tv remote and said go on this .i said i cant use tv son as sold my pc ,he then pointed at a black and red button on remote saying  you tube.so i felt  proper bell end all day and i have it on the tv. so i can use my crap laptop to chat on here and a tv to watch you tube happy day thanks to my 10 year old son having more brains than i have lol

ImperialDragon WANTED $68
    Outlaw

As it’s a branded PC (Compaq), I think your best bet would be restore your existing copy of Windows back to factory settings.  It’s easier to do it nowadays as you don’t need a CD.  The factory copy of Windows is stored on a hidden partition.  When you start up the PC, you’ll need to press one of the F keys e.g. F2 or F10.  It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so you’ll need to check if you have any manuals that came with the PC.  Looking on Google though, Compaq seems to be F11 to start recovery.

The idea of going back to factory Windows is so that the machine will run like it’s new again.

Make sure that you back everything up before you start though!  MP3s, pictures, documents, game settings, internet bookmarks and so on.

k6kaysix WANTED $51
    Outlaw

It’s a 17 year old laptop, going to struggle with anything even after a reinstall to be honest, even your TV is probably more powerful bizarrely!

harpreetslater WANTED $1
    Outlaw

The best thing that you can do with a 17 years old pc is to donate it or to throw it in the garbage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)